Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: +1 to the devs - Thanks for everything

World
    Northisle
    +1 devs

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I like this thread so much and totally agree with your sentiments EWiggin.
    It must be difficult to balance the need of the game to supply a revenue stream and pay wages/outgoings for devs etc on the other hand.
    Sure we get bugs appearing at times but they do get sorted and the game goes on.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    so still saying +1 following the return of the lovely population bug that just destroys the game for people?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    totally agree ! +1 to the devs

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1 for the devs to repeatedly give us a trip down memorial lane by implementing long lost bugs

World
    Sandycove
    I don't see why it is extreme to expect a fully functioning game 99% of the time.
    I do not understand why the powers that be are introducing multiple new features, when players basic expectations to log smoothly into the game and play without multiple game affecting glitches can not be met.
    I do not understand why players are congratulating people for not doing their job accurately. ok so glitches may be fixed eventually, but they shouldn't happen so often in the first place.

Yes it is hard to develop and run a game this size, but come on, every week a new bug or glitch or impossible lag ... even the most patient of players get frustrated with good cause.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by queen-vicious View Post
    I don't see why it is extreme to expect a fully functioning game 99% of the time.
    I do not understand why the powers that be are introducing multiple new features, when players basic expectations to log smoothly into the game and play without multiple game affecting glitches can not be met.
    I do not understand why players are congratulating people for not doing their job accurately. ok so glitches may be fixed eventually, but they shouldn't happen so often in the first place.

Yes it is hard to develop and run a game this size, but come on, every week a new bug or glitch or impossible lag ... even the most patient of players get frustrated with good cause.
    +1 to queen-vicious... I Really couldn't have put this better myself.

When I was young I was taught that respect is earned and that praise only when it is due. I am finding it hard to remember an update that was introduced that didn't mess up the game. Yes, I appreciate not everything can (and will) go smoothly, but game breaking bugs making it past test phase and on to live servers should be the exception.... not the rule!

-1 to the devs

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    -3 for effort.
    i wont praise someone for failing at there job
    if my workers kept rolling out broken products , poor fixes, and lame excuses....idd sack um

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    +1 to queen-vicious... I Really couldn't have put this better myself.

When I was young I was taught that respect is earned and that praise only when it is due. I am finding it hard to remember an update that was introduced that didn't mess up the game. Yes, I appreciate not everything can (and will) go smoothly, but game breaking bugs making it past test phase and on to live servers should be the exception.... not the rule!

-1 to the devs
    I do not think it is extreme to say that in your view something is not working for you , or to open discussions about the way the game is developing its what the forum is for. Its in BB's interests I am sure to hear ALL the different points of view. But that is not what has been happening in recent months. Those that want to say a good thing or a thank you are being flamed by many. Is it so bad to have a positive thread? Okay disagree but why are some making heavily sarcastic comments about the reason for the thread and about the poster. It is quickly forgotten that many players HAVE been asking for changes in the game, new content etc. and for as long as 3 years. Of course BB have to keep evolving the game. There are lots of people to keep happy not just a few.

I also was taught that respect has to be earned and which is why i respect those with a more balanced view then just moaning about everything even before it occurs. This sort of behaviour is just 'destructive' not helpful and has spread to G1. So as a new player are you really going to want to join such misery. I have left other games because of the nastiness on the forums and in general chat.

I have played the game nearly 3 years and of course there have been problems but not many that a little good nature and humour could not cope with. So why not say thank you for the good bits, for the trying to give us what we want. Many that sound so unhappy have been playing for a long time. Surely if the game was that bad and if there was nothing to thank the developers for you would not be here now. I have looked back in old posts (old being a few months) and many of the really sarcastic, flaming characters actually used to make good constructive posts. Last Christmas Event was hailed as the best ever. I think where it all went wrong was when the Event Calendar went wrong at Easter. Many of those that used to take the rough with the smooth changed and suddenly the game had been terrible since the year dot
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    Those that want to say a good thing or a thank you are being flamed by many.
    You say that after quoting my post...
    I hope you are not implying that by praising queen-vicious I was flaming others she was disagreeing with?

This sort of behaviour is just 'destructive' not helpful and has spread to G1. So as a new player are you really going to want to join such misery.
    Which is why I tend to avoid such conversations on G1. As a new player I barely paid much attention to the forums and I imagine many new player are, like I was, too busy learning how to play the game to be trawling through long threads on the forums. So, when I find reason to be critical of the game I tend to come here.

Many that sound so unhappy have been playing for a long time. Surely if the game was that bad and if there was nothing to thank the developers for you would not be here now. I have looked back in old posts (old being a few months) and many of the really sarcastic, flaming characters actually used to make good constructive posts.
    Is that indicative of those players having a bad attitude to change?
    ...or is it indicative of the attitude of the company to the changes they are making?

Now, speaking personally, I am open to the possibility that I may be looking back through rose tinted spectacles. However, I have been playing the game now for almost exactly two years and I don't remember insufferable lag, population bugs, hot fixes, and so forth being a regular feature of my first year of play.

People don't tend to become jaded without good reason.

Reply to Thread