Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: +1 to the devs - Thanks for everything

EWiggin

+1 to the devs - Thanks for everything

Of great concern to me is the attitude and tone of players towards the devs? Why should they want to help us with all the abuse and an almost complete lack of praise for anything that they do in a game that users purport to enjoy.

Sure there are some frustrations - but let's cut them some slack for all the good times they've given us. Criticism is so out of control that it must be hard for them to take it/us seriously - what is real and what is just troll vitriol.

I for one say +1 to the devs. Sure, I look forward to my generals calming down on Roaring Bull but there's little to dislike in anything else they've delivered. Just tweaks - which if there was calmer, nicer feedback, then it might be easier for them to see what needed to be fixed rather than assuming that nothing is well received and everything needs to keep changing.

Thanks Dev Team Know that you are appreciated by some...

Happy Settling

World
    Northisle

Thumbs up

Well said EW

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    EWiggin - my mother always used to tell me respect had to be earned. The early developers and game directors have my utmost respect and their ability to share their long term approach through a dev diary that talked about the direction the game intention was going was always well received. Its the thought and effort that went into the early game that keeps us all interested.

In the last 2 years we seem to have had multiple developers / directors that don't appear to want to engage - look at most of the recent dev diarys that are delivered regarding an aspect of the game about to be introduced rather than about a forward look diary or look at the negative feedback provided globally that has been ignored, consider all the aspects that are never put on test but thrown into the game and break things, look at all the items pushed onto test that excite the community and are then removed never to get mentioned again and you will notice that the attitude from BB Towers is one of contempt for engaging with their paying community and then ask yourself again why they don't get cut any slack.

I for one relish the time when the existing development and management team move on and get replaced with a team that has the same ethics and morals as the original team.

World
    Northisle
    +1, they make some mistakes... but they should be acknowledged for their work, no one likes to just be trash talked... a litle incentive is always nice.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    EWiggin - my mother always used to tell me respect had to be earned. The early developers and game directors have my utmost respect and their ability to share their long term approach through a dev diary that talked about the direction the game intention was going was always well received. Its the thought and effort that went into the early game that keeps us all interested.

In the last 2 years we seem to have had multiple developers / directors that don't appear to want to engage - look at most of the recent dev diarys that are delivered regarding an aspect of the game about to be introduced rather than about a forward look diary or look at the negative feedback provided globally that has been ignored, consider all the aspects that are never put on test but thrown into the game and break things, look at all the items pushed onto test that excite the community and are then removed never to get mentioned again and you will notice that the attitude from BB Towers is one of contempt for engaging with their paying community and then ask yourself again why they don't get cut any slack.

I for one relish the time when the existing development and management team move on and get replaced with a team that has the same ethics and morals as the original team.
    Still you are still playing after 2 years, so they must be doing something good... right.

EWiggin
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post

If there are constant new teams, might there be a need for us to engage with them - and treat them nicely - and tell them calmly what we want without vitriol?

Naveed1967
    good
    Last edited by Naveed1967; 04.12.14 at 23:08.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I like all the changes I think everybody on all levels can find challanges here..and as a social game we can help each other to get over problems...We faced all the same lag, bugs and players i met on adventures were really patient with failed blocks and time...nice to do quests again and enlarge, think over economy...using all buildings that we built for quests but never used...+1 to devs

World
    Newfoundland
    Of great concern to me is the attitude and tone of players towards the devs? Why should they want to help us with all the abuse and an almost complete lack of praise for anything that they do in a game that users purport to enjoy.
    I don't know, maybe because it's their job.

Fishslice pretty much sums it up.

Yes well done Devs for finally answering a threat that has about 40 pages of people begging for this.

Still you are still playing after 2 years, so they must be doing something good... right.

Fish gives much more to his guild and NFL community than most do, that includes most Devs, so to say they must be doing something right isn't a fair assumption of why he, like many, have kept playing.

Maybe if the Developers had started to act sooner more players would not have left.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Fanfas - I thought I was clear about why I still play - 'Its the thought and effort that went into the early game that keeps us all interested.'

Reply to Thread