Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: +1 to the devs - Thanks for everything

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    In fact, I would go even further. They are being paid by a company that has a stated aim of making money.

Because the developers mess up absolutely everything they implement, the company that PAYS them, makes less money. It makes less profit.

So, not only are they upsetting paying players, they are devaluing the business that is ultimately owned by shareholders. Destroying shareholder value is something that no employee should be encouraged to do.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaargson View Post
    In fact, I would go even further. They are being paid by a company that has a stated aim of making money.

Because the developers mess up absolutely everything they implement, the company that PAYS them, makes less money. It makes less profit.

So, not only are they upsetting paying players, they are devaluing the business that is ultimately owned by shareholders. Destroying shareholder value is something that no employee should be encouraged to do.
    Well said. But again, don't blame the developers, blame the management. After all we all follow someone elses direction when employed. For me most important is that management/game designers pay much more attention to our feedback, then community manager gives feedback as-well - what is a nice idea and is about to find a place in the game or why something is impossible to be implemented. At the current stage the amount of feedback we get is appalling. I don't remember seeing even on test forums any news about the future development plans of the game probably because it's considered company's secret from competition.
    Remember, remember the 25/11? You should have seen what happened on 17/03, 14/04 and 21/04 ...
    29/09 seems to be a major problem...

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Full marks to the devs for trying to improve the game but i think they forget this is a browser game and needs to be kept simple, putting pictures over every barracks mucks things up. Any game that takes 3 - 4 years to complete i would say is hard, to suddenly make the game much harder and call it rebalancing is crazy.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have to disagree, the devs do get praise when they get somethink right.

But remeber most of the things and bugs players moan about on this forum, have already been given and ignored as constructive critisim on the test forums.

Anyone who has played a an online game before knows that offcourse you will never get rid of all bugs in a test server before the live. But we do tend to get get alot more than we should.

Side note Ewiggin even if people say they are planning to leave the game because of changes, you shouldnt try an encourage them like you did earlier in this thread. That is horrible support for the game.
    Last edited by Vodkat; 05.12.14 at 13:23.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I understand that despite the complaints there are many more players (not complaining) that are just playing and enjoying the game and rarely visit the forum because its such a miserable place to be.

I would like to see the forum better used then more would take part an area specific for complaints for example.

If you have a bug or a technical problem keep your wrath for those areas.

I do like the new content and the fact that the game is evolving to entice new players.
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

World
    Sandycove
    forum is a place for feedback, if we are asked for feedback, however good or bad, then so be it. In your world of unicorns and lovehearts it may not sit well. But let's not make the forum a place for hugs and kisses like G1 used to be

thank you

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I more inclined to credit the players who after years of campaigning are finally seeing some of the things they wanted introduced, maybe not quite what they had envisaged (PVP) but nevertheless it's arrived. The new barracks interface on test looks good but again another player campaign, 24 hour buffs was also a player suggestion.

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    EWiggin - my mother always used to tell me respect had to be earned. The early developers and game directors have my utmost respect and their ability to share their long term approach through a dev diary that talked about the direction the game intention was going was always well received. Its the thought and effort that went into the early game that keeps us all interested.

In the last 2 years we seem to have had multiple developers / directors that don't appear to want to engage - look at most of the recent dev diarys that are delivered regarding an aspect of the game about to be introduced rather than about a forward look diary or look at the negative feedback provided globally that has been ignored, consider all the aspects that are never put on test but thrown into the game and break things, look at all the items pushed onto test that excite the community and are then removed never to get mentioned again and you will notice that the attitude from BB Towers is one of contempt for engaging with their paying community and then ask yourself again why they don't get cut any slack.

I for one relish the time when the existing development and management team move on and get replaced with a team that has the same ethics and morals as the original team.
    +1

World
    Northisle
    i for one enjoy the game and the company the game brings like all thing new there are always teething problems and some things work and others dont thats all part of the game developing and as EW has stated they deserve the regonition for what they do after all they have to put up with us all lol :-) keep up the good work

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by EWiggin View Post
    Have you considered leaving then? Oh yes - both you and BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA said you would leave over the recent changes.

I'm glad you decided to stay (even if forums are a bit depressing). But have you considered that there is not only the flame (stick)? There is also the carrot...

If as you say, it is constant new teams of Devs, why not give them a chance rather than transferring your vitriol to them as they arrive...

Of course I have considered leaving. In fact in previous posts I have already mentioned my playing style has changed and I am no longer as active as I used to be. I don't believe I have stated that I would leave over the current changes at all. I have recently stated that I dislike the lack of feedback from BB and hope that things change - that doesn't appear to be the case and it is that aspect that has made me review my commitment to the game.
    In fact I like the recent changes - Not getting weapons in loot has pleased me, I haven't tried PVP yet as I hear its more buggy than an ant nest but both of the new buildings are sat on my island at L5.

I haven't decided to stay, but I haven't decided to leave either. I enjoy the balanced view the forum provides although it is unfortunate it is not an active forum so generally doesn't get a full representation of the playing community and as such is always likely to attract the moaners more than the accolades. If you care to review some of my posts you will see that in most of my posts I tend to be fairly balanced and have used both stick and carrot with BB many times - I am happy to praise them when I believe its appropriate.

The reference to changing dev teams is based upon a personal assumption and not a fact but I still maintain that they have done nothing to earn my respect. If a team came along (new, old or existing) and; provided feedback on our requests for clarity, confirmed they have a roadmap of development and stated if the things previously promised or alluded to are still on it or removed, indicated that the General Science Tree and Home Island Science Tree was still in development, suggested when the extra islands may be available etc etc etc then I would be happy to be at the front of the applause queue.

I don't always expect to like the messages and feedback they may provide in my utopian view of how they should interact but they would get my respect for the honesty and clarity. Until then its still a -1 from me.

Reply to Thread