Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anyone doing pvp?

World
    Newfoundland
    some(all?) can be built on (flowerbeds etc?) and that helps with booting marshals to star
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

World
    Newfoundland
    Not touching the so called PvP like the plague atm, tbh

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Done the so called pvp , i do not find it very pvpish i have to take BB's word for it that is pvp.
    That rewards amount to 20% total of losses , and gains from colony is limited to 2000 per pickup , and there not being any chance to pickup something nice like regular Avo's is the reason im all finished with pvp.
    Rather dissapointed considering they been working on pvp for at least 2 years

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Nice! I didn't even get to finish my first(and certainly last) small adventure. Somehow my general decided to attack one camp lower and I lost my troops. I had two generals blocking and one hitting boss. I chose which troop attack first. Upset was not word descripe my feelings, I was annoyed! I think 80 of every troop type could't been enough anyway. It would nice have removed in the questbook if you don't wanna participate this sick pvp nonsense anymore.

Please do not swear on the forums
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 12.12.14 at 14:15.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianKid View Post
    I started this topic to see how many people are doing pvp and if they think the loses / loot / time worth it.
    No, of course not. I can still do basic math.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Its not PvP and i dont like at all.Wont bother

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    i did pvp. 2 times i did conquer an colony, but the investments are far too much in comparrison to what you can get out of colony

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I had a look at the active people in my alliance, it's possible to see how invested people are in PvP by comparing achievements. Of my alliance of 47 people (with mostly all level 50s as active players) I am the only one who has any achievement points in that category. Therefore either everyone in my alliance is really bad at it and can't manage to capture even a single colony or they aren't bothering.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBat View Post
    No, of course not. I can still do basic math.
    At the moment, the rewards are actually pretty good. Not for conquering or defending obviously, those are terrible as noted; however the system is super broken and long after you have lost all your colonies, you will continue to get battle reports and loot mails from islands you don't even own. Every day I get at least one mail with a bunch of free stuff in it even though I haven't had an active colony for over a week.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan-Tom-As View Post
    pvp is totally useless. You can not defend your colony unless the attacker muddles. And the reward does not compensate the cost of the troops. I did one because of the main quest, but I will not do once. Instead I sell the iron
    you can kind of defend it once you win a colony you get set defence points to spend on to to make camps and put troops in to try stop others taking the colony

Quote Originally Posted by Narcil View Post
    i tried it once on test, decided the costs FAR outweigh the benefits so i'm just making a killing selling iron.
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLANDHOLLANDER View Post
    i did pvp. 2 times i did conquer an colony, but the investments are far too much in comparrison to what you can get out of colony

yeah the cost of it not worth the rewards you get but it does add a bit of variety in to game rather than doing adventures and trading mostly as im lv 50 all island lv5 some lv6 so nothing much for me to do on that as im self sufficient also

Quote Originally Posted by Fan-Tom-As View Post
    OK, but where are the vast number of those players who like the pvp? I did not see any comment of them, just from those who hate this new pvp feature....
    im one of them i have been doing it since it came in game i have won colonies and also lost some also to be honest was lucky enough to have one the full 6 days i could do so got all possible resources from that

Quote Originally Posted by IndianKid View Post
    so until now i see 9 reply but none of them doing pvp....pls if is some1 doing PVP pls post...i want to see how many people doing it
    lol me me me me im doing it when im bored and want a change from norm lol i even made a quick guide for the tutorial colony to help guild members out
    http://prntscr.com/5e7h0l
    Last edited by lulu10093; 17.12.14 at 12:14.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    I, like many others, tried the 'pvp' (I use the term very loosely) on the test server for a number of weeks before it was loaded onto the main servers. We pointed out many faults with the system, plus the few positive aspects. BB did, in their defence, make some changes to the balance of weapon production etc. However, the degree of adjustment was simply not great enough for the amount of resources used versus profit gained.

Much of the problem is that the test server environment is simply not a fair comparison to the live servers. On test I can gem build the weapons/troops, can rip down all the buildings and then gem build nobles etc so that my army is large enough to take part in both normal advs and pvp, have almost limitless resources to make the pvp weapons, and don't care less about losses as within a week or so the game is reset.

As I have said elsewhere, come one BB let's see you make a test island which is a true reflection of the live servers. I suspect you won't because it cannot be done.
    Last edited by lordloocan; 17.12.14 at 13:51. Reason: typo

Reply to Thread