Reply to Thread

Thread: TSO, windows 8.1 and high resolution display

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

TSO, windows 8.1 and high resolution display

well, cant play on windows 8.1...all island is on screeen, so all icons and everything is so small, i cant even read or write on chat..anyone knows how to solve this problem?
    happy, i still can play on my old pc , but i need it on new one
    please, all ideas are welcome
    thank you

World
    Sandycove
    I've seen this questions popup for a large amount of applications when windows 8.1 is used in combination with a high resolution monitor. Unfortunately the solution seems to vary per program used. I'll list a few of the 'normal' solutions I found. You can try them one by one or try a combined solution
    • Right click on the browser icon you use to play TSO. Choose Properties. Go to Compatibility tab. Then, click on the 'disable scaling for high dpi'. then restart the browser and see if that worked.
      (Or if you have the problem with multiple programs. Go to the Control Panel, click Appearance, click Personalisation and Display. Then Choose the option to 'Let me choose one scaling level for all displays' (if present) and try the various settings ('Smaller - 100%' and higher )
    • Right click on the browser icon you use to play TSO. Choose Properties. Go to Compatibility tab and choose Run this Program in Compatibility Mode for Windows 8
    • Go to the Control Panel, click Appearance, click Personalisation and Screen Resolution, then reduce the display resolution to 1920x1080

I hope one of the options above result in a satisfying solution for you as I don't have windows 8.1 myself.

Regards,
    Fexno

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    thank you, Fexno.... but nothing worked.. tried all you said ..

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have Windows 8.1 with a resolution of 3200 X 1800. IE is fine but Firefox and Chrome are small making the text unreadable.

Right Click the desktop, Click Screen Resolution, Click Mate text and other items larger or smaller, Click Larger - 150%, Click Apply. You will need to reboot at this point.

Load up the TSO home screen and in the browser task bottom right, click the down arrow next to 100% and change it to 150%. Start the game and all should be fine.

Of course you may need to alter the 150% in both of the above to suit your needs but this works for me. And for info this one isn't a Windows issue, its sloppy programming by developers (either Adobe or BB or both).

Hope that helps.
    fish

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    thank you fishslice i started playing on Google Chrome and all is good.
    Just this morning smth weird came up;i cant type neither in chats ( all of them), neither type mail.. but i see all thats written. Just no cursor will come up in chatline or mail window...though, as you see- i have no problems to write in forums,,,
    anyone has any ideas whats happened?

all good now...sorry, didnt want to mess forum
    Last edited by Spooky77; 09.02.15 at 18:08. Reason: situation imporved

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Not seen that one happen Spooky so maybe its not 8.1 related but to do with Flash. I would try the normal clear cache, different browser etc and see what happens.

Reply to Thread