Reply to Thread

Thread: training expedition guide

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle

training expedition guide

I found no info at all for this so if ur like me and very tentative about diving in with no help then ur in the right place.
    sry all, no pics, but its easy enough and only requires 140 troops...

50 attack archers, 50 attack cav, 40 heavy archers, 2 x marshals (I also took 100 attack infantry but I don't think these ever came into play)

when u arrive there are 2 camps to ur east. hit them both (not at same the time) with 25 archers + 25 cav (+50 inf if u took them)
    attack with cav 1st (u'll be prompted for this). keep ur eye on the fight and when enemy ranged are almost dead, click ur army and select ur ranged.
    (the enemy will start fighting with inf. ur ranged is better for this and they will swap places with ur cav as soon as they can (like bringing on a sub in footie))... time to head south!
    u now have a quest to block. this is what ur heavy troops are for. bb could not have made this any easier as it isn't even necessary to block here so sit back and bask in ur own confidence. move to the southern border. There's some rocks in the centre, put ur blocking gen to the west of these and ur attacking gen to the east. load ur blocking gen up with 40 heavy archers. load ur attacking gen up with all archers and cav u have left (and top up with inf if u took some).
    send ur blocking gen into the little camp. give it a second and send ur attacking gen to the big camp, using cav 1st, don't forget to change to archers during the fight to save a few troops.

That's it, job done and I even managed to get a football reference in there (apologies to chickenhedz)
    I hope u now have an idea of how pvp works and can try more, hf

P.S. if any1 successfully follows this guide without taking infantry along, then please let me know and I can make ammendments, ty.
    Last edited by vigabrand; 08.12.14 at 13:43.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just tried.
    There are 2 additional camps besides the ones you refer to. Here you can also use the blocking as described above (block first small camp to the south, send attack cavalry and attack archers to next camp)

This leads however to the fact that your attack infantry will also be needed on the island boss camp.
    Last edited by Pout; 30.12.14 at 21:10.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    more details:
    Camps to the west: attack big camp with 25 attack cav and 25 attack arch (attack cav first)
    First camp to south: block small camp with heavy archers (50), attack at same time bigcamp time with 25 cav and 25 attack arch. (attack cav first)
    Main camp: attack with all attack arch, attack cav and attack infantr. Attack Cav first. Attack infant. should not be needed.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks for this, it is helpfull. My first adventure was a flop, as I had no clue to how many units I needed, or how to get back on you island for more.Then later I found out that forum was much more helpfull than the tutorial quests that are close to misleading.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    maybe I'm just stupid but I can't understand much of this guide. I sent two marshals in with the required number of troops stated above. I had the first marshal attack with cavalry 1st. but when it says to change troops I'm clueless on how to do this so my marshal lost. And do we HAVE to wipe out all the camps cause there are more camps then mentioned in original guide? please help make this easier to understand.

World
    Northisle

Second Atempt Analysis

This is what I brought:
    50 attack archers (aa), 50 attack cavalry (ac), 50 attack infantry (ai), 50 heavy archers (ha), 15 heavy cavalry (hc), 50 heavy infantry (hi), 2 Marshals

So I started with attacking the camps to the East.

Camp 1: 40 br
    with 25 ac, 25 aa
    losses: 25 ac, 1 aa

Then camp 2 in the East with the leader: 20 bb, 20 br, Boss
    with 25 ac, 25 aa
    losses:9 ac, 9 aa

Then attacked camp 3 to the South: 20 bb, 20 br, Boss
    with 16 ac, 10 aa, 15 hc, 49 ai
    losses:16 ac, 10 aa, 10 hc, 3 ai

I couldn't find any other camps to block for the sidequest, so I just went for camp 4 with the endboss.
    WAVE 1: 30 bb, 30 br, Wild Mary Boss
    with 50 ha, 50 hi
    WAVE 2: 10 bb, 30 br, Wild Mary Boss
    with 47 ai, 30 aa, 5 hc
    losses: 4 ai, 11 aa

At the end I was left with: 19 aa, 43 ai, 5 hc
    Many mistakes were made, please learn from mine...
    Grtz,
    Arnoux72

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Got absolutely slaughtered. This was no fun at all. I couldn't get the selected troops to change over so just had to wait until the first group died. NO FUN AT ALL. Does anyone know how to change troops before all of them are slaughtered? No matter how often a click on the troops I want to take over - NOTHING happens - except a slaughter.
    Last edited by soni1963; 17.09.15 at 02:35.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Soni1963, if you look closely at your troops as your marshall attacks, there is another smaller figurehead to the right (your troops have a blue circle beneath them). If you move your mouse and click on this it will give you the option of the other troops in your attacking marshall's army. Just select the troop type you want, but remember they will not change over until all of the opposition troop type is dead.
    So if you accidently sent cavalry in to fight melee troops, they will probably die, so make sure you select the correct troop type to attack first - in other words attack ranged troops with cavalry, attack melee troops with ranged (and I suppose when you get cavalry opposition in later islands, attack them with infantry).
    Last edited by UncleBobbers; 22.09.15 at 10:07.

Reply to Thread