Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log - 09/12/2014

World
    Newfoundland
    I will need to kill off 4509 troops to get to the amount that the game thinks I have, that is going to be extremely costly for me to retrain them. Surely there must be a way in the programming code to be able to rectify this without all players having to kill their troops off to resolve it. Especially as an event is about to begin, people may need those troops to be able to complete their daily and Christmas quests.

That being said, If I choose not to kill off my troops, does that mean that my population limit will never reset, and I can just continue playing with stacks more room to train additional troops, or will it revert back someday? and I will be unable to populate mines etc, as I have more settlers than my troop count allows?

I feel that this should be rectified by BB, and we should not have to kill our troops of to achieve this.

World
    Newfoundland
    No you don't as the numbers won't add up in the end, it is a bug they created, and they have to fix

World
    Newfoundland
    Then lets hope that happens then LordBosse. not gonna hold my breath lol

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Guessing Ravel is on holiday, but SOMEONE could have tried to explain BB's cunning plan to "fix" the population bug.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    Guessing Ravel is on holiday, but SOMEONE could have tried to explain BB's cunning plan to "fix" the population bug.
    The "fix" and the difficulties with it were actually addressed in Sandycove's Help channel yesterday morning. It was explained that while the fix was quite technical it had worked fine, and in the player's favour and that the last time a technical explanation to something was posted (the original fix for population) everyone screamed they didn't get it.

It is deeply discouraging that so much feedback from people who had read this "technical explanation" and said, effectively, "We do not understand this, it's not what the game is doing. We are trying but we are confused and growing more and more frustrated! What should we be doing?" was apparently read as "screaming" from people unable to understand the complicated finer points of this:

Additional information about the Military unit amount mismatch:

Lost Expedition troops were not subtracted from the total amount of military units.
    Therefore, they were also not subtracted from the amount of existing settlers in the population limit.
    This was fixed. Additionally, the calculated total amount of military units was halved for every player.
    Don't be afraid: No units were deleted.
    Since the population limit relies on the "Military units" amount, the quantity that got subtracted was taken off the amount of settlers "in use" as well.

Once the real amount of existing military units decreases and hits the displayed "Military units" amount, the calculation starts over and all displayed amounts should be correct again.
    On its own the post is completely unclear, when compared to what was being seen in the game it's utterly confounding. Granted some of the feedback was more emotional than my paraphrasing but that is the gist and the silence, here and on other servers, did nothing to help.

Had the hash of an original explanation included "This is Step 1 in a two step process" rather than "This was fixed." life would have been a lot easier all around. It is absolutely baffling that players were taken to task both for failing to understand and for asking for help in understanding.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Yeah, I'd like some more information on this too. I am awaiting 12:30 (see, already been pushed back) with baited breath, but am acutely aware that even if another change in population numbers has occurred with the fix that is ongoing at the moment, there will still be no explanation as to what has been done, why it has been done, and what consequences it will have.

We may get a "the problem has been fixed" message, but frankly, it's not much good when we are still not confident that the actual problem has been identified, as it appears that our feedback is not being listened to.
    Last edited by bobsie; 17.12.14 at 11:02. Reason: (must use paragraphs..)

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    well lets hope this is sorted today
    as for ravel being on holiday hehe, she's showing as logged in so i dont think so..GM's, CM's dont program and have as much info as us on times.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Pooh. i was hoping to get a quick hour ingame. then go and watch the hobbit. i hope all the lag and other nasty stuff has gone with this maintenence )

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Dear BB.

When you mess up our population next time. Because I know there will be a next time since this is one of your favourite bugs. Please send us some actually useful stuff in the gift mail. What we need to sort out your mess is adventures to kill off the excess population that your incompetent coders gave us. You seem to utterly fail to understand that we as the players need to do some work to sort out your crap as well. A pile of 600 map fragments should solve it for most since that's enough for two Black Knight or one fairytale adventure.

The gift mail we got today barely covered the economic damage that the extra maintenance caused me. So I expect another one to compensate us for the actual bug. See the previous paragraph.

Reply to Thread