Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: assigned troops changed after attack was launched

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland

Lag still a huge problem with adventures.

So once again, I lost 1 elite soldier and 3 recruit when the 216 cavalry I had assigned to my general magically disappeared after I sent the attack. They returned to another general that I had used previously. The interesting part is that there was 0 cavalry in the combat replay. They showed up and they did the attack animation but there was 0 troops actually attacking. So I didn't just forget to assign them. The game failed.

There's a picture of the 0 cavalry attacking. Needless to say, they did not do any damage. When it was time for the normal attacks, the rest of my troops got slaughtered.

Fix this freaking lag. I also expect to be sent the weapons I lost because of this. Time to actually take some kind of responsibility for your crap.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    This is now getting beyond a joke, i have lost over 200 cannons due to this today doing BK. You send troops in and it seems to roll back to previous attacks and wipe out the troops sent in. This needs to be addressed quickly as we have had cannons removed from loot yet i am loosing far more then can be produced easily.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    happened twice lost a whole lot of cannons and elites

thank you BB

maybe its a cunning plan by bb to make players lose these troops so they can use up granite and gc to upgrade weapons?

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by dahmmy View Post
    happened twice lost a whole lot of cannons and elites
    I'm really getting OVERLY cautious because of this kind of thing, triple-checking things that shouldn't even NEED to be double-checked, but regardless, the glitch still gets me occasionally.
    As I adventure quite a lot (I did somewhere around 100 adventures during Xmas event, excluding lootspots) this implies quite an amount of uncalculated losses.
    BB stance: "There's nothing in the logs".

Yeah, the fact that the game server is MISINFORMING players and there seems to be an obvious loss of data is very easily solved with "There's no proof it ever happened".

I don't know what the government would do if banks occasionally lost a million here and there, claiming "There's nothing in the logs, so we don't know if it really happened".
    I don't want to know what the BB CEO would do if their daughter was on life support in hospital, the engine simply lost some data and automatically OD'ed the kid and the doctors simply said "There's nothing in the logs, thereby it's not our fault" ... ?
    Yeah, I know that's a drastic exaggeration because hey, a game is just a game - but should we need to put up with trash that nobody would tolerate in the Real World just because it's a game (that we spend real world money on)?

It's this kind of approach to service and support that gives IT in general a bad name.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland

Battle fowl ups

You select your troops, check them and send them off to battle only to find when you get the report on the battle another COMPLETELY DIFFERENT set of troops went in.

This is the 6 or 7th time I have raised this in Forum and frankly nothing happens and nothing gets any better!

NOT HAPPY

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by megadethmaniac View Post
    You select your troops, check them and send them off to battle only to find when you get the report on the battle another COMPLETELY DIFFERENT set of troops went in.

This is the 6 or 7th time I have raised this in Forum and frankly nothing happens and nothing gets any better!

NOT HAPPY
    I know. We've reported it in 27247-battle as a rare issue way before 25/11, but since then it's become common.

How to avoid this issue..
    Allways let the sandglass spin and disappear by itself to make sure the task has been done, when you setup and load a general with new troops.
    If it gets caught in "an infinite loop", return to home island to make sure you'll then get a proper reload from server.

Other tips..
    • When transfering generals to a new location, unload all units (atleast for the first ones) and then load them one by one.
    • Use (a) slide and cancel button to refresh troop status, then setup and load that general.
    • Beware of sync issues when leaving&returning to adventure, as animations are played from client and may not show what's actually happens (on server). Eg jumping generals are just a cosmetic error, but a general returning to garrison may roll back calls if there's a sync issue.
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 23.01.15 at 23:01.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Zotamedu View Post
    So once again, I lost 1 elite soldier and 3 recruit when the 216 cavalry I had assigned to my general magically disappeared after I sent the attack. They returned to another general that I had used previously. The interesting part is that there was 0 cavalry in the combat replay. They showed up and they did the attack animation but there was 0 troops actually attacking. So I didn't just forget to assign them. The game failed.

There's a picture of the 0 cavalry attacking. Needless to say, they did not do any damage. When it was time for the normal attacks, the rest of my troops got slaughtered.

Fix this freaking lag. I also expect to be sent the weapons I lost because of this. Time to actually take some kind of responsibility for your crap.
    That's actually the ninja attacking.
    But this downgrade on 25/11 has done horrible things to the game all round, messed up combat and unbalanced the game. Get rid of it.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    this bug is still not solved. its an very costly bug now. loosing cannons, elite soldiers and crossbows on attacks that are supposed to be right. but everytime old setup is getting back during the attacks

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    and i am not talking of loosing a few cannons. i think i rebuilded allready around 1000 cannons, 1000 elites that were not calculated loss. the suspicioun i have, it is done on purpose by the development to get highlevels to get rid of surpluss of expert weapons they raised beore weapons were taken out of the loot

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    1000 cannons, 1000 elites. If it ain't working why oh why do you persist in repeating the same over and over again.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread