Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: assigned troops changed after attack was launched

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove

assigned troops changed after attack was launched

I just send 4 generals on a nice 3way block. I checked the troops the pop-up icon when you click on a general showed I had done everything ok and the right troops were assigned. All fine, attack on the way. Then I repositioned another general, and hopped to my home island.

When I came back to check the attack.... the general the repositioning general (which had started to break down his camp) was in his old position, and the attacking generals had an old setup.

Right. 130 crossbowmen and a bunch of cavalry, which all should have survived, are now dead. With a triple buff it takes almost 5 hours to rebuild them, and I actually need them to finish the adventure.

I'm fine if that happens due to my own mistake. But it all looked fine, they all left the camp ok. And somewhere along the road lag kicks in, weird stuff happens and.. well blergh + bah.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Happened to me several times too...

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Happened last night on a BK on final dark castle, lost 56 cannons. Got the ''your general is attacking'' message twice don't know if that's relevant.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    happens all the time. solution: assign troops and go back home, if your troops are still assigned when you come back to the adv they won't dissapear mid-attack. now that is what i call user friendliness, thx BB.

it happens when your general teleports to his guarrison. you think you can assign troops but in reality hes still coming back so yor troops don't get assigned properly.

World
    Northisle
    I had the same problem and contacted support. They just said they could not verify I actually assigned the proper troops and that next I just have to triple check (call me a liar....).

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    They told me it was due to lag......

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    This bug has been happening ever since they implemented the PvP update several weeks ago, as 'Narcil' rightly pointed out, the general has not really relocated properly when you first assigned the troops, hence everything is more like an illusion at the moment.
    The way to make sure everything is correctly assigned, I pretty much just do the adventure at a slower pace at the moment, and try not to send an attack out as soon as a general return from previous attack.

Bare-in-mind, the lag also caused bunch of other display issue such as block showing as intercepted when they didn't, 1R block lasting forever, general attacking the same camp multiple times, horses walking back to the attacking camp 'once more' after the initial attack finished.

(this bug only happens in multi-player adventure, when your ls already accepted and visited your island aka, hamster wheel on top of your garrision)

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalove View Post
    Bare-in-mind, the lag also caused bunch of other display issue such as block showing as intercepted when they didn't, 1R block lasting forever, general attacking the same camp multiple times, horses walking back to the attacking camp 'once more' after the initial attack finished.

(this bug only happens in multi-player adventure, when your ls already accepted and visited your island aka, hamster wheel on top of your garrision)
    Not true... I have experienced all these issues in both single player adventures and multi-player adventures I have started before sending any invites. Happens much more frequently after other players join a multi-player, though... and I don't think I have accepted an invite for a loot spot since the Colony Mode update where I didn't witness a general attacking the same camp multiple times.

World
    Newfoundland
    Yep, the showing as intercepted thing happened to me on Outlaws in the first attack.

I've managed to avoid sending off the wrong troops. I suspect (because of other players' accounts I've read) it's because before I relocate generals for the next attack, I always strip them of everything they have and assign the new troops once they arrived. Or if no relocation is needed, I strip them of troops then wait for a few minutes before assigning the next attacking setup.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Happened last night and just now to me. I put the troops in and double checked, even after he left his garrison because it happened last night too, all the way until he attack the camp i checked if the right troops were added.

Then the general dies and the Battle Report says it still had the previous troops.

Last time this kind of thing happened (last thursday) i wrote to support and they just said:
    We had several reports on this issue and unfortunately there is no fix as of yet.

However please rest assured the Devs are already working on this issue. In the meantime I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience in this matter on behalf of myself and the developers.
    And i had a direct request for a refund in my message they just ignored it. This really makes me hesitant to even play adventures, lost 300 cannoneers so far.

Reply to Thread