Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Game balance of xmas event is stupid

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i hadnt noticed a change personally but then i dont sell bread i make about 120k bread per day when buffed and use it all ..but then again i do make alot of baskets and a fair few adv
    Quote Originally Posted by Brayarg View Post
    Although you are quite right, There is a very good reason why bread is now trading for under 20coin per 1k on nfl, Clearly its not inaccurate to say as a server we have seen a dramatic change regardless of what specific adventure drops what.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Brayarg View Post
    Although you are quite right, There is a very good reason why bread is now trading for under 20coin per 1k on nfl, Clearly its not inaccurate to say as a server we have seen a dramatic change regardless of what specific adventure drops what.
    i've been buying bread under 20coin per k for months.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcil View Post
    i've been buying bread under 20coin per k for months.
    The O-FWB and the THU/TP1 price charts both agree that in November/early December the average price for bread was around 27-28. If one person trades at the bottom of the range The range being around 20-35 it does not mean the average price is 20.

Recently the range on bread is more like 15-25 with an average of 20, That's around a 33% decrease within a month. A drop I would call dramatic.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    lol. implying that trade sheets are accurate...

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    accurate or not, I guess the price of bread in early November was much higher than in the month before, and the 20 average of December is more close to the average price of the past months
    from my observations, price of bread spiked during the halloween event, due to many BKs and TRs and other pumpkin-dropping adventures that needed a lot of recruit-making (the same for bronze sword prices). so, my opinion is that the price of bread is now returning, and not falling
    Last edited by asterisc; 17.12.14 at 11:10.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcil View Post
    lol. implying that trade sheets are accurate...
    I'm implying that because you personally trade at 20coins per 1k bread for "months", The amount does not necessarily represent the market as a whole.

Trade sheets can/have been accurate, not on everything at all times as this is impossible.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by asterisc View Post
    accurate or not, I guess the price of bread in early November was much higher than in the month before, and the 20 average of December is more close to the average price of the past months
    from my observations, price of bread spiked during the halloween event, due to many BKs and TRs and other pumpkin-dropping adventures that needed a lot of recruit-making (the same for bronze sword prices). so, my opinion is that the price of bread is now returning, and not falling
    We clearly stated newfoundland, Your on Northisle, your pricing on Northisle is not relevant on newfoundland.

But sure ill reply putting the different servers to one side.

The fundamentals of breads usage in game have taken a nose dive leading to the price crashing due to many people being over supplied.

This has been caused by a number of factors, they are:

the lag in the game has caused some players to reduce the amount of adventure done daily
    the new upgrades to the mills/bakeries etc have meant we are creating more than before
    the amount of settlers being dropped from adventures means we are creating less and less from the provision house to cover our losses
    Last edited by Brayarg; 17.12.14 at 11:23.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    stop complaining if your lucky enough to have left over presents cause you have so many explorers sell them cheap or give them to someone in need
    totally agree with the end part of this ^^^^^
    this is exactly what i have been doing not only in this event but all events
    I get what i would like then say in halloween i didn't want silos so said ok someone send me what they cost in merchant i would send them slios for same so nobody looses out
    this event so far i have got everything i wish to get also 2 extra deer stalkers by offering on trade office the same presents they cost in merchant
    then all presents after that i have been helping lower level players get the stuff they desire as i dont need or want anything else now as i do with any excess i have in any event anyway as its "nice to be nice" as they say

World
    Newfoundland
    I can say what i see from my island. I got 62k incomer per 12h with buffs usually this amount was enough for me and non left for sale. Now after that update when loot changed my stock earned 1.4mln bread from what i can see and all my star menu just getting more and more settlers with no producing any in provision house. So i can see that soon everyone realize that and bread price will decrease more or we will start destroying our lvl6 bakery... i still do 3-5 FT per week and around 15RB. I guess i might need more bread if i sell all ls without swaping and wont buy any other ls then i might need more bread, but who do that?

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    No problems with the balance of Christmas here. I'm an old player with all the explorers I managed to get in all previous events. That's a lot of explorers, and I get a lot of presents from them. I should, I put in a lot gems there ;-)
    Friends with only the orignal trio and maybe one or two extra's don't get too many presents. They might just get all the stuff they need at the end of the event, and I may have to help them.

Other than that, the Christmas adventures are a nice change. Quest chains are ok. Snow still looks awful ;-)
    Christmas tree is awesome, snowman is cool. Could use more happy lights on the houses. And I could use more variety in the shop, although I'm already quite happy with the provision house extensions.

Reply to Thread