Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Game balance of xmas event is stupid

Nifty
    World
    Northisle

Game balance of xmas event is stupid

Whoever does the game balance (I know its a leap to think someone might) needs to be sacked.

I have sent out my explorers three times and I have already gained enough presents to get BOTH Recycling Manufactures as well as two of the Blue Prints. At this rate the whole event will be done for me by the end of the week. It is way too easy and a joke. Presents should be obtained from doing adventures, aka playing the game. Sure maybe a top up from explorers but not the whole event.

Conversely the Blueprints are way too hard. One of the blueprints I brought was called Marble Mountain. This allows me to convert 500 Herbs and 500 Scarecrows into a 1250 Marble refil. Whilst I am happy to finally have a use for my herb and scarecrows that I have collected up over the last year the amount needed here is insane. On average I probably get to click 20 collectables a day. If I guess half of those are going to be herbs or scarecrows that's 10 per day which I think is pretty generous. Collecting 1000 is therefore 100 days of game play. Even if you are a 12 hours a day player and got 2 cycles of collectables thats still 50 days of play to get the resources to create 1250 of marble. Seriously ???? I can just send out a couple of explorers and have the same result in less than 15 minutes. Why would anyone bother?

BB You spent so much time and effort to implement this feature but no one will ever use it... well maybe once a year...why did you go to all that trouble for something no one will ever use ?

I did the Getting into the Christmas Spirit adventure and got rewarded with 1000 exp points. Not really what I wanted as a level 50 player. I guess I wont be doing any more of those.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    i know it says xp, but it changes to starcoins in the adv mail.

I like the fact u get presents from searches but i can see where u are coming from with having everythink to quickly.

Blue prints are one of the best ideas i have seen in along time. I agree some are pointless but it has added a much larger reason to use the rariety prov house

Things like the feast, the glue and the no buff are brilliant.

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    balance is good if this is yours first christmas event (you need 5-6 deerstlaker, rarity PH )
    BB don't made anything for old players except blueprints.

It's hard to make good balance with explorers, because some players have 20 explorer some only 3... event is very hard for players with only 3 tavern explorer.

use this event to obtain presents for next event, also buy many grout for future upgrade

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Like many level 50 the event is pretty much concluded for me but it is a nice opportunity to stockpile some grout for the future ( I hope this works out better than the grout I wasted on bakery/mill). It's rightly pointed out that it's probably just about balanced correctly for someone mid 20's ,except maybe the terrible return on short searches. Maybe some programming bias for tavern explorers if below level 40 might be nice.

The thing that worries me is where this is going does next years event consist of 2 deer stalkers and 2 recyclers for long term level 50's ?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    stop complaining if your lucky enough to have left over presents cause you have so many explorers sell them cheap or give them to someone in need

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbelly View Post
    Presents should be obtained from doing adventures, aka playing the game.
    While I agree with the majority of your post I totally disagree with this quote.
    TSO is an economic/trading/settlement-building game with elements of adventuring and now PVE.
    IMO the majority of presents should be gained from doing event related quests dependant on level.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheddoe View Post
    While I agree with the majority of your post I totally disagree with this quote.
    TSO is an economic/trading/settlement-building game with elements of adventuring and now PVE.
    IMO the majority of presents should be gained from doing event related quests dependant on level.
    I disagree too, I don't want every event to be the same adventure grind, Its nice to have a change.
    Last edited by Brayarg; 15.12.14 at 10:51.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    #firstworldproblems

more stuff to buy would have been nice tho. Hint RTTBN

World
    Newfoundland
    Xmas has always been light in content, In some ways I see that as a bit of a blessing. It makes it so much easier for me to spend less time on here over the holidays and more time with the family as it should be. However It would have been nice to have seen a new geo for this event, geos and Xmas have both been quite light with developments over the years, possible a new building (advanced watermill) as an example.

But I don't wish to see every single event turned into a adventure grind, a change is as good as a rest.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Can't say i mind either. i still haven't recovered from the 150 BKs i did and double swapped during halloween.

still more in the shop wouldn't hurt.

Reply to Thread