Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another hot fix!

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    This is pathetic to the highest degree. Someone's playing a bad joke on us. I didn't have time to login this morning so now i cannot login till afternoon and who knows how much longer they will extend these so called improvements that they are doing for weeks now. The stupid gifts we get do not cover my island loss (my gold chain is now running unbuffed, explorers idling, mines down etc).

Just pathetic, they cannot do their things at maintenance time or in yesterday's downtime.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian-Tiger View Post
    I know that the people form support and all the mods are working very hard and are committed to this game but i do not think that they can solve this situation.
    Mods are regular players like us without any influence in the way bugs are being introduced/solved. On top of it they volunteer for the position so blaming them is not correct.
    Remember, remember the 25/11? You should have seen what happened on 17/03, 14/04 and 21/04 ...
    29/09 seems to be a major problem...

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ahh maaaan.... i got an expedition going :-/

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve1077 View Post
    They clearly don't give a hoot about the players, it's becoming a joke which is normal for events on this game
    It's becoming a joke you say? It is a joke for some time now... a bad one.

World
    Northisle
    Guys, guys... they're hotfixing the hotfixes and we're also back to the futu... i mean beta. *Sigh*

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanceltare View Post
    Guys, guys... they're hotfixing the hotfixes and we're also back to the futu... i mean beta. *Sigh*
    I agree, we're back in the future, but PvP is in late alpha/early beta now and they need to hot-fix the optional add-on and all the bugs it brought. Thumbs up for their effort!. One thing for sure - play TSO over weekend, no way for the devs to decide on any deployment at that time!
    Remember, remember the 25/11? You should have seen what happened on 17/03, 14/04 and 21/04 ...
    29/09 seems to be a major problem...

World
    Sandycove
    [Threads merged]

What is wrong with you BB
    More down time?
    Can you do hotfix at night?
    what was actually sorted with maint yesterday ???
    The Settlers Online ver. XX

Last edited by Fexno; 18.12.14 at 11:58.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    They figure that most of the important people, who pay for the game, will be at work earning the cash they need to play!

Now I have paid for a small amount of gems for top ups etc, so I am a paying player... But since the introduction of PVE and all the bugs I am very unwilling to part with cash for bad decisions by the designers... Not when I can play World of Tanks for free!!!

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    my suggestion. in the next few days they will do another 100% gem sale.. if you realy are unhappy with the way we are treated " DO NOT BUY GEMS" that is the only way they will listen.
    they control what you can and cant say in public ( just like the old days) you cant have an honest opinion. And they are happy to take your hard earned cash without giving any real customer service. or any guarantee of game play. Waste of space programmers or code writers need sacking. dont create the problem in the first place just before an event, then you wont be spending the next three weeks trying to fix it. simples

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle

Yet another hot fix!

So, shortly before the shutdown I saw a message, apparently from Ravel, that someone had pasted into NorthIsle's G1 channel.

I don't remember the exact wording but it contained a message about how they knew it was going to anger/frustrate us but that there was going yet another Hotfix maintenance in an attempt to make sure that everything was in order before the BB offices shut down for the Christmas Holidays.

However, there was no hint of apology for this ire/frustration... and there was me thinking that it was against the code of conduct to say things that would intentionally anger other players.... so, can I get an actual slap in the face with that, please? (It probably won't annoy me as much as the metaphorical one!)

Letting off some frustration aside, though, I do have a serious point to make here:

Given that Blue Byte knows that shutting down the game for unscheduled hot fixes causes anger/frustration... and given that angry/frustrated players don't tend to spend money on the game... how on earth is is sound business policy to keep rolling out events (and other updates) that are riddled with bugs that usually have been identified on the test server week/months in advance, that warrant all these hot fixes we've had lately?

I mean, why on earth would anyone consider making long term term investments is such things as 360 day premium, gem pits or endless copper mines in the current climate where we can't even be sure the game will be playable the next time the developers introduce an update?

TSO's lead designer has, apparently, already publicly admitted that their goal is to "keep (us) addicted and make (us) keep playing".

Well, heres a hint, Herr Weidemann, we can only "keep playing" if we can, you know, actually log on!
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 18.12.14 at 12:22.

Reply to Thread