Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another hot fix!

World
    Sandycove
    its my honest opinion BB have gone too far forward and can no longer pinpoint the multitude of bugs in this game. They just keep pushing useless content that is loaded with even more bugs and its now gotten to a stage where any chance of worthwhile gameplay is impeded by one bug or another. I can no longer adventure, which has drastically reduced the time I am prepared to play here now. My time is spent building a few mines and having a chat in guild before logging off and finding something better to do.

They have shown blatant contempt for players feedback on test server by allowing untold reports of bugs there to make it to the live game. They again do not respond to the many more players reporting these same bugs on the live server, allowing for maximum frustration on the players part.

They have shown no interest in communicating with players and their support response is usually along the lines of "it's your fault, not ours".

I feel strongly that the game will be in serious jeopardy if this blaze attitude is allowed to continue into 2015. It will be a sad day when they pull the plug, but unless something is done soon, there will not be so many left to watch the lights go out

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I have 113 days of premium left, after that it just might be decision time what to do next. This just plain and simple can't go on like this. There's no reason to play when all i do is worry about bugs here and there, how will my gens react, will they be consistent. I play to have fun, relax, not to get more headaches than I already have.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    +100 to all the above, the game can't survive in it's present state which is a shame

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

The Settlers Online ver. XX

Hi,

I have a game suggestion for you guys....

What would you say to make the game work?? I think it would attract a lot more gamers and keep those already playing TSO, if the game came with no BIG issues.

/Arthur

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Please bear in mind that there are probably tens of thousands of lines of code, and loads of it will deal with stuff like communication between the client and server which may not be "visible" to players but almost certainly needs tweaking/fixing practically every time they make a change.

So although I do sympathise with those who are clamouring for fixes that are important to them, there is a wider picture without which the game would not function at all.

At least this time there was good information from BB during the maintenance. Okay they got the timing wrong, but we were kept updated pretty well.

And I honestly believe that if BB were to give details of precisely what they are fixing each time, e.g. "packet redirection at network layer 7 when ttl timeout exceeds threshold", at least half the players would be up in arms about what on earth it means and most of the other half would still complain that it wasn't necessary, or something equally "helpful".

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by VVidi View Post
    At least this time there was good information from BB during the maintenance. Okay they got the timing wrong, but we were kept updated pretty well.

Apart that they didn't tell us what they were actually trying to fix. They dont have to explain how they are trying to do it, but it would be nice to at least know what their goal is. Another fi for the population-bugs, are they working on the horrible combat-display...?

All we got was a semi-funny goody-bag with *santa chased the bad guy away*. Not even clear if that was meant as compensation for unplanned maintenance or just a planned Christmas-massage. We just need BB to be clear on what's going on.

Not going to mention all previous communication-fails, but BB has a horrendous trackrecord here. Not sure who fails, developers, community chiefs, or game management who fails to get things on track. I do know it's so easy to improve on that aspect, I honestly dont have a clue why they just dont start communicating.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    now today another shutdown "trying to make sure everything is optimised before the winter holidays"
    before they start optimising maybe just get the game to work properly!!!!
    i am already 90% convinced the game is dead and am already searching for another game to play this is to much bull to carry on is really pointless they dont have a clue what they are doing,just adding more and more bugs to the game every time they do anything .....
    i just feel sorry for all the people who actually spent real money on this pitiful game......
    Last edited by ATHTHEMANIAC; 18.12.14 at 10:45.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle

Can you do hotfix at night?

Can I play the bloody game? Can you do the hotfix at night when no one is playing?
    Can I finnnish this blody BLT that I play for 3 days now? Can I finnish the guild quest that has arrived in the meantime and asking me to finnish 1 adventure?

Can I play without constant interuptions from the OWNER?

Now again due to real life I have to wait until the evening...if I am lucky!

Pathetic

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    it is night for some players

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    they cant do it at night cause they then dont get the chance to annoy as many people as they can by doing it at midday :P

Reply to Thread