Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: You fixed nothing

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Kioco View Post
    The game has sufficiently improved since the PVP patch was deployed, its a lot more playable now than a few weeks back, like all games when there's a major patch introduced there's always bugs and problems, and yet again BB has worked hard and got the game back to a playable level again with new content...

[removed] why don't you give BB some credit for once?
    18.12.14 17:26
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBat View Post
    You know, I feel like an idiot for complaining every time and still playing the game. So you are right. Although I will not be thankful for all the problems I expirince here I will from now on keep my mouth shut and will never again say a thing. There is no use anyway.....no one relevant even read this and only community is hurt (or part of it)

Hmmm, I am sure that you have read this....that is the whole reason one mod grow a pair and decided to reply. No?

Thank you for usefull answer as usual.
    Last edited by Fexno; 20.12.14 at 14:07. Reason: quoted post was edited

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    [removed] why don't you give BB some credit for once?
    This is Completely. Inappropriate.

From a plaintext player there's a decent chance it would be edited, from a MOD... seriously? " [removed] "?

Players on Sandycove were recently read as "MOD bashing" for saying effectively 'We feel MODs have a different TSO experience than we do and we would feel more comfortable having a [plaintext] player in the line of communication to speak for us.' This observation is simply true, in the same way the volunteer security team at a festival have a "different experience" than the average festival visitor, and is in no way "bashing".

Posts like this only help to cement the view of those who don't feel MODs represent them. Even among those who may agree with your point of view Kioco, I sincerely hope most of them are would object to the phrase " [removed] " being used to describe those who disagree.

I am sorry but that is not feedback, that is just plain negative and has been for ages now.

Moderators are still players and still have opinions on the game and those that play it, nothing wrong with defending the company that provides a free game to play and giving credit where its warranted.
    When people feel, right or wrong, that things are bad - Feedback will be negative. It's still Feedback. While there certainly has been ire and frustration lately there have also been some very valid reasons for those feelings. Those reasons may not always be expressed calmly but they do exist. The giving of credit when it is due is also valuable, this is also best done calmly but clearly that is not always what happens.

Worth keeping in mind; If no-one cared, or believed their input might matter, no-one would say anything. In any tone.

Moderators are still players and as such are bound by the same anti-flaming rules [plaintext] players are.

Perhaps some of us have just had enough of the complaints aimed at BB and we're just defending them against all the negativity that's been dished out, and maybe that is the example that's needed for the game, who wants to join a game where all the forums are littered with complaints and negativity with complements and positivity is almost non existent, just because I am a MOD do I need to hold back in saying the truth?, if its not complaints about BB, its stabs at our moderation team, but we have to always sit back and take it on the chin,we are always getting flamed, so what's your thoughts on that?
    Frankly, posts like these help contribute to negative [plaintext] feelings. What can easily be read as a highly defensive lashing out may be a counterpart to "taking a lot on the chin" but it is not constructive. No doubt [in colour] put up with more than the rest of us know but that is by choice and while it may be underappreciated due to lack of firsthand knowledge, repeating how difficult it is doesn't really clarify much.

Personally, I've also seen, on all three servers, people who are happy to fall over themselves to support [in yellow] and [in blue] most every time [in colour] speak. This includes people who repeatedly come out of nowhere to greet MODs and BBs whilst ignoring the "Hi everyone" of a new player. On Sandycove there is also a crossover group, I don't spend enough time on Northisle and Newfoundland to know if they have their own, one more than happy to complain at length, no doubt they feel legitimately, when they are inconvenienced yet just as quick off the mark to smack down those not of the Approved Group and others for "moaning" when those other people complain or encounter difficulties and frustrations.

Several players have had a few little niggles here and there but things keep getting fixed, I have had only the odd occasion where a general may attack for 5-10mins, and a little lag like several other players have had, and yet they have been able to play fine, there just has to be something to complain about, as that's how some of our community in TSO act each passing day.
    Several? A few? A little lag? Good for you that your game is working better than a lot of people's, so is mine. That doesn't mean everyone's is only a tad bumpy.

Wait till the new Barrack feature is added, despite how good it will be and how much better the game will be with it, there still will be complaints and the common line that ( BB never listen to us ) yet its something coming that's been asked to be added for a long time.
    People have been asking for this for a long time, and it's grand it appears to be in the pipeline. However, telling us we'll just behave badly when/if it happens is, again, not constructive. And if other things continue unimproved yes, there will still be complaints.

I am given the same information you are given each day, we are all the same just players in a game.
    Again, no. We are not all the same, you are a player and a MOD. You are not "just a player." There is a difference. Acknowledging the difference is a helpful thing, denying it is just baffling.

I myself have played BKs, RBs, DBs and FTs with blocks etc as of late and had very little problems, same as my guild members with sharing all their lootspots, as well as friends, other mods and players, I honestly don't know why your running into these problems as often as you say you are, if the game as in that kind of state don't you think there would be 1000s of posts that the game is not playable by any standard?, the forums would be lit up with posts everywhere, when the PVP patch was deployed there was lag issues, general issues and lots of other things, but there is a noticeable improvement in the game since then, if you cant see it then I don't know what else to tell you, the last problem I ran into up until yesterday was the generals attacking a camp for 5+ minutes, I have done a few advs this morning and several loot spots and I have no longer seen that happen since yesterdays patch.
    Kioco, there were a pile of posts regarding the mass confusion over the population "fix". Sandycove was told they were the screaming of the technically unsophisticated. Is it really a huge surprise people give up posting? Though again - good for you and others who've seen improvements that your games are smooth. That is not the case for everyone.

BB has given out gifts for all the downtime, but how many thanks have they been given for that?
    The gifts from BB_Santa who saved us all from the Grinch? Those, so goes the party line, were not compensation but simple random free gifts.

There's a big different between providing feedback in a positive and mature manner and a negative one
    [removed]
    This is just awkward. It would be a help to everyone if [in colour] of all ranks would take a minute out of the whole "we take it all on the chin and do everything for you people because we love this community" and actually looked at how some of the current communication difficulties and choices of phrasing affect the community. Sure, players are a handful, always will be. Being told time and again we are also obnoxious, unappreciative, not terribly clever, and responsible for a surprising number of game errors has long since proven ineffective in raising our opinions or tempering our tone.

[plaintext] players do sometimes go overboard, so do [in colour]. Perhaps it's time to try a new approach, one that might be more positive and just possibly benefit everyone.

Hopefully with some of the improvements that's been added and being planned (barrack slider bars, building timers, RBH blueprints, school house upgradeable, economy overview, gen/exp/geos skill trees, upgrading to level 6 and all the rest that's been added or being planned) that the players are seeing results coming from their feedback.
    It would be lovely if more requests were added, it would also be helpful if BB kept a firm hold of the bigger picture when changing things.

Since this seems to have got lost somewhere - People want reasons to celebrate their game, we really do.

NB Apologies for the length, I came in to do something entirely different but saw this and am really just so tired of seeing the playerbase trashed, likely as tired Kioco as you are from the other side. The other thing can wait, if I get to it at all. Communication is, currently, broken to a degree I'm not sure I've ever seen before and while I'd really like to hope it can be improved, on both sides, right now, tonight, the hurdles really do seem... immense.
    Last edited by Fexno; 20.12.14 at 14:22. Reason: quoted post was edited

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Perhaps so few people are vocal on the forums because they know, there's no-one listening and it will fix nothing.

Never before have I played a game with so much weekly maintenance and down time, none of the player's requests being approved for future updates, and all the changes being made to the game seeming so ill thought that they only baffle the players (replacing weapons in adventure loot with 20% of the materials needed to make them for example)

Bugs from the dedicated test server that have been highlighted by the community should not make it to the live game, there is no excuse.

No complaints on the forum should be seen as positive feedback too.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    it has just occurred to me that bb might actually be playing the same version of the game that MOD_Kioco is playing...lol
    no constantly jumping generals,no constant attacking loops,no constant camp rebuilding loops,no constant sound drop outs and no lag this is probably why they don't fix anything because they don't see it and think that every one on the forums who post about such things are lying...lol
    Last edited by ATHTHEMANIAC; 20.12.14 at 09:47.

World
    Newfoundland
    I do not have any of the problems people seem to be having, my gens behave, my blocks work, i have no lag, and my game play has not changed since any of the changes. Business as usual. and yes, there are also other players like me with no issues.
    i did get the pop bug, but no problem, as i kept my troop numbers the same as usual. I also sent a report to support, with detailed info on why the 'fix' was not working, i got a nice reply, and BB fixed it.
    I did however still have all the downtime, same as everyone else. Am I complaining about losing game time for something that does not even affect me? No.
    I am however fed up of people complaining and being so negative. The number of people who say they have problems in game, then say they cannot be bothered to contact support beggars belief. Surely it would be more constructive to give detailed reports of the issues, than just whine?

On a slight side note there seem to be 2 methods i have come across from reports, that may help with gen behaviour and blocks:
    1) do not leave the adv island during the adv and/or attacks, this includes when gens are still travelling back from completed attacks. Always wait till the gen is safely back in his garrison before leaving the adv island if you must. (this is how i have always done adv, so may be why i have no issues on my adv's)
    2) another method seems to be to send all attacks/blocks, then immediately leave for home island, and do not return until you have received the battle report mail. returning back to the adv island should then be safe, with all attacks/blocks completed.
    Hopefully one of these methods should work for people.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    First up I would like to thank Iolanthe for this post. It is a very rare experience for me, on ANY forum, to encounter such a serious, not to mention lengthy, post where I totally agree with EVERYTHING being said. Much of my response to you, MOD_Kioco, has already been covered so well that I feel it would be 'going over old ground' just to effectively repeat the points already made in Iolanthe's post.

That being said, you did direct a point specifically at me, to which I will respond:

Perhaps some of us have just had enough of the complaints aimed at BB and we're just defending them against all the negativity that's been dished out, and maybe that is the example that's needed for the game, who wants to join a game where all the forums are littered with complaints and negativity with complements and positivity is almost non existent, just because I am a MOD do I need to hold back in saying the truth?, if its not complaints about BB, its stabs at our moderation team, but we have to always sit back and take it on the chin,we are always getting flamed, so what's your thoughts on that.
    My thoughts on this are simple:

There is a line between defense and counter-attack... one that you have crossed.

Correct me if I am wrong in this assertion, but it is my belief that the primary role of the Moderators is to uphold the code of conduct in the game and on the forums. That code of conduct states "Do not troll, do not flame period, it is a bannable offence.". Given the number of people who have reacted here in a similar fashion to myself, I think it is safe to assert that your comment fits one, other or both of those definitions and yet, in light of those reactions, you have not retracted your words. Quite the opposite has happened, in fact, as you are continuing to defend a flagrant breach of the very rules that, as a Moderator, you are supposed to police.

Now, there have been many occasions when I have taken time and effort to choose my words carefully here to adequately convey my message whilst still endeavouring to remain within those rules... but when one who is supposed to hold people like me to account in regards to those rules behaves as you have done, I find myself wondering why on earth I should bother in future?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    I do not have any of the problems people seem to be having, my gens behave, my blocks work, i have no lag, and my game play has not changed since any of the changes. Business as usual. and yes, there are also other players like me with no issues.
    i did get the pop bug, but no problem, as i kept my troop numbers the same as usual. I also sent a report to support, with detailed info on why the 'fix' was not working, i got a nice reply, and BB fixed it.
    I did however still have all the downtime, same as everyone else. Am I complaining about losing game time for something that does not even affect me? No.
    I am however fed up of people complaining and being so negative. The number of people who say they have problems in game, then say they cannot be bothered to contact support beggars belief. Surely it would be more constructive to give detailed reports of the issues, than just whine?

On a slight side note there seem to be 2 methods i have come across from reports, that may help with gen behaviour and blocks:
    1) do not leave the adv island during the adv and/or attacks, this includes when gens are still travelling back from completed attacks. Always wait till the gen is safely back in his garrison before leaving the adv island if you must. (this is how i have always done adv, so may be why i have no issues on my adv's)
    2) another method seems to be to send all attacks/blocks, then immediately leave for home island, and do not return until you have received the battle report mail. returning back to the adv island should then be safe, with all attacks/blocks completed.
    Hopefully one of these methods should work for people.
    I just wanna start off by saying that Kit_ is no doubt the most helpfull and least selfish player on NFL. Alwasy in help and global constantly helping people with there problems even when most people would have given up due to frustraction of trying to exsplain somethink and the other person not understanding. So this is not meant as an insult in anyways because i respect you alot, but as a reply to what you have posted.

I know many people also who have not had problems also and bar the 1st week of Pw i haven't had many ethier. But that being said I have alot of people in my guild who are having the problems mention on the forums and I sorry but the mentality of " I don't get these problems, so they don't exist" is one alot of people are having
    is kinda wrong. Should players who have problems just be told to be quiet and deal with them?

I had some issue with the downside myself but not enough to bother me ethier. But what you have to rember is if people are having all the problems you have already admitted to not having, then add two days of downtime with no improvment for there gameplay on top it, its gonna add up and it is gonna be an issue for them.

If negative thing happen in game to people they are gonna be negative about it on the forums and they are aloud to just as much as you are to argue or make points aginst them.

I know you see it more than most and you are completely right when you say that people INGAME can't be bothered to write a ticket to support. But remeber this is people who writing on the forums, who have taken to time to post for the whole community to see not just a single realm. If they have taken the time to post here (which BB claim to be monitoring) chances are they have posted tickets. That beinmg said if they haven't, go post tickets u lazy gitz :P

Basically my point is people are gonna be negative and are aloud to be if they are having a negative exp. People need to remember that if game is working fine for you, does not mean its working fine for everyone.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    There's a big different between providing feedback in a positive and mature manner and a negative one, and I would be a big fan if there was more people that did that, I am glad there is lots of people out there giving feedback like they are, but there's just far too much negative feedback going on.
    I think a part of the issue is that all feedback should be a part of an overall dialogue or interaction, not a one-way communication from players which is merely dispersed into the ether, as it appears to be a lot of the time. I think you are doing an injustice to the forum moderators and BB employees by implying that they cannot see the pertinent points that are (more often than not) contained within forum posts from players, no matter how negatively they may be framed. This is an international server and not everybody is able to phrase themselves eloquently or in perfect English, especially when emotions run high. Being accused of "whining like a baby" is never going to go down well.

...nothing wrong with defending the company that provides a free game to play and giving credit where its warranted.
    Absolutely not, I completely agree that credit should always be given when it is due. So whilst we are giving credit, Kit_ (Newfoundland) and Iolanthe (Sandycove) have been a really valuable part of the community, in my opinion, and the help channels on these servers would have been a source of misinformation and confusion had they not been there on many an occasion. When players like these (and many others, I am just picking up on two who have taken the time to comment here and who I have personally observed being extremely helpful and great TSO enthusiasts in the past) are disillusioned, there are issues which need to be addressed. These are not people who are new to the game and are somehow doing it "incorrectly" and it is easily inferred from some posts on these fora that it is the players who are in the wrong.

I am certainly not apportioning blame but feel that more communication from BB would be appreciated by all and might ease some frustrations - I guess this could be timely replies from support so that people have experiences like Kit_ describes, more posts from BB employees on the forums where they are needed to give clarity to some situations, or more updates on the front page. There must be some way to improve the community spirit, and I am sure that BB_Aguton, BB_Ravel and any other BB employees who may see this will have an interest in doing so.

World
    Newfoundland
    Morning,

Unfortunately this isn't a feedback thread as its location is within the General Discussion section of the forum so anyone saying its feedback, guess again! But there is a hell of a difference between providing constructive feedback for the good of the game and community within the appropriate channel to posting unproductive threads that if anything have a detrimental effect.

Many of these so called complaints are by people who don't even read/test or prepare correctly, Some examples of this would be.

1) The combat changes affecting the "epic adventures" many players on newfoundland complained day after day regarding this, Even though they were told their information was inaccurate, There own inability to understand upcoming updates and complain over them amuses me.

2) We were all told the loot tables where changing, Yet now we have multiple threads complaining that its "unfair" it comes down to accountability, after all you alone decided what adventures to do on the run up to the change. All games change with patches over time, We either adapt of we die. (I can remember when whirlwind was nerfed on d3 year or so ago) It happens, deal with it!!!! If not you know how to move on right?? If your not happy with the service, leave and find one you are happy with!!

With regards to this topic here:

Yes the game has some latency issues at the moment, I haven't done a block in weeks. I cant see a few recs being worth them K/X/E/S/M's at this moment in time. If you CHOOSE to continue blocking while the game is like this, then again that's accountability. Don't come here complaining about your losses because you as an individual choose to block a camp... I have been playing this game one camp at a time, very slowly with no issues.
    Last edited by Brayarg; 20.12.14 at 11:34.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Brayarg View Post
    Yes the game has some latency issues at the moment, I haven't done a block in weeks. I cant see a few recs being worth them K/X/E/S/M's at this moment in time. If you CHOOSE to continue blocking while the game is like this, then again that's accountability. Don't come here complaining about your losses because you as an individual choose to block a camp... I have been playing this game one camp at a time, very slowly with no issues.
    Morning Brayarg - I think the problem I have is that these issues affect game play in the broader sense of the term. I am also being careful and have only had one block fail since these problems so I am not grumbling about any troop losses. Nor am I complaining about changes to loot or to enemies in FT adventures - as you say, we were all given fair notice that these changes would occur.

However, wasting 45mins of premium time because a lootspotter keeps on attacking the same camp again and again and again and again [ad infinitum] - that's a tad annoying. Sending generals off to adventures with the correct troops, but finding that when you get there, you don't have what you need - that's annoying. Being accused of whining like a baby or not understanding how the game works - that is more than annoying.

I am also annoyed with what appear to me to be minor changes that were overlooked when bigger tweaks were made - the mismatch between adventure icons and textual descriptions in the adventure reclassification is something that is causing many players a lot of confusion - had we been given a list of the newly reclassified adventures and their types, this would perhaps not have gone unnoticed by the developers. The confusing designation of FT adventures as "epic raids" when we already have a group of (non FT) adventures classified as "epic adventures"...

Sigh. I give up.

Reply to Thread