Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: You fixed nothing

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle

You fixed nothing

Now I have more problems than I did before your so called "hotfix"

Garrisons keep reasambling for 20 minutes, generals wondering around the island after the battle, generals keep returning to camps that are reapearing on the map after they've been destroyed.

What is fixed?

Waiting for oders lasts forever, every time...etc. etc.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Have read through all 121 of your forum posts.

You sure do whine a lot.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    I only come to forum to whine....what else is there to do here?

World
    Sandycove
    Lmao

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    The forum is surely a whinge club, why else have it? The devs apparently don't listen to suggestions, "support" don't support, so people moan to each other. The community will be what the community wants it to be and what the game makes it.

All these "can't we just be nice" posts are boring the hell out of me. Docile fools! I mean that in a nice way, of course. I love you guys ;-)

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    All these "can't we just be nice" posts are boring the hell out of me. Docile fools! I mean that in a nice way, of course. I love you guys ;-)
    I spent 10 years working in retail and what I learned over the years is this; if a customer has a good experience in your store they will tell a couple of people, but if they have a bad experience in your store they will tell 10 people. It is always the ones who have bad experiences that are the most vocal about it. It's just the way that it is. The majority of people that play this game are not "docile". They, like myself, are simply happy playing the game and have no issues with it. This game is a time killer ... if you have nothing else to do, login, do a bit a clicking. When the game starts to upset you, you seriously have to ask yourself "Why am I doing something that I don't enjoy, isn't it maybe time I find something I actually like doing ?" If you continue to play the game even though it is not enjoyable, then you have what is called an unhealthy addiction. You're doing something negative but yet are still compelled to do it over and over it again.

Us "docile" ones start "can't we just be nice" posts to give the forum a bit of balance because we are genuinely happy. Is that so hard to believe ?

As regards the devs and support not giving a damn, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. After all it is in their best interest to keep as many people happy as possible and keep them buying gems. Any changes that are brought about have been well thought out and there are good reasons why they have been implemented. This is their cash cow, they'll be trying to milk it for as long as possible, not sabotage the whole thing.
    Last edited by fishybreath; 19.12.14 at 11:56.

World
    Newfoundland
    Why would you let people have bad experiences in your store (or whereever)? Read: in game. If the bad experience has happened why not make it good after?
    Last edited by topgearfan; 19.12.14 at 12:59.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Why would you let people have bad experiences in your store (or whereever)?
    It's not about letting it happen. Sometimes it just happens. I worked in a computer store. Sometimes you order a product, and for reasons beyond your control it arrives a couple of days late. Sometimes products arrive faulty from the factory. DOA they call it in the trade. The customer wants a replacement, sometimes you say a replacement is not available and they're not happy with that. You offer them their money back, and still they're not happy. Then there's the customers who outright try to screw you over. They buy a laptop, then return a week later, with parts missing out of it. They just purchased it to steal parts out of it and then bring it back DOA. I'm a technician by trade. I've had customers bring in a computer for repair, then return a week later with a different computer telling me I never fixed it. Luckily for me I keep records of serial numbers of every machine brought in. Believe you me there is plenty of opportunity for customers to be unhappy, you don't even have to give them a reason. Sometimes people come in roaring and shouting simply because they're having a bad day, just had a fight with the missus etc. Believe you me I have seen it all. I can tell you the customer is not "always right". Anybody who has ever worked in retail will tell you exactly the same.

If the bad experience has happened why not make it good after?
    You honestly believe they're not trying to ?
    Last edited by fishybreath; 19.12.14 at 13:33.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    You honestly believe they're not trying to ?[/QUOTE]

Well they are not telling us!!!!

Just watched the video on log in. entitled something like backstage insight, thought we might get some info there, what did i get. Lots of ppl making errors ermm did not know what to make of that. hey ho

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    I chuckle at all these - spread the love type of posts as well.

For what its worth, I love the game and the enjoyment it brings but it annoys the hell out of me that the organisation behind the game pretend to care when they really don't and that they appear to have the view that they can employ incompetent teams and not have any negative overspill from the impact of the incompetence of those teams.

My use of the phrase incompetence is not aimed at individuals but at;
    1) The manner in which code is deployed to a test server, feedback is requested, bugs are identified by the testers, these are fed back and then some incompetent fool decides that they should still deploy the broken code with no steer as to when a fix will be provided.

2) A company that regularly requests feedback and receives huge amounts of feedback to then infer that the feedback has been thrown into a black hole and ignored. Feedback request is a form of engagement and to create a sustainable business model based upon that feedback really does require real engagement which indicates that feedback should be 2 way not 1 way. To alienate your customers in this way is crazy.

3) Despite having a quality process and code control (I hope they have both) BB continue to redeploy bugs that have previously been fixed. This stinks of no quality control, sloppy configuration management, incompetence or all 3.

And to provide some balance - I do enjoy the game. But that doesn't mean I don't get frustrated.
    Regards
    fish

Reply to Thread