Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Take gold coin out of game to fix rampant inflation

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland

Take gold coin out of game to fix rampant inflation

An experienced player who has not played for 6 months I was shocked to find the rampant inflation on all servers on my return.

Thinking about it, this is caused not by the inflation of goods, but the DEFLATION on gold coin (in most circumstances). The reason is obvious in so much as whilst most resource is somehow taken out of the game (ultimately via troop loss), gold coin is not. Everyday I produce about 2k coins, in addition adventures drop coin, when multiplied across all players on all servers that is a huge amount of coin entering the economy everyday that never leaves the economy. If the trend continues then pretty soon coin will become worthless and will be unstorable.

The solution is twofold 1. TSO need to STOP dropping coins into the game - it is making the situation worse. 2. TSO need to figure out a way of taking coin out of the economy, so that the remaining coin is worth something, the suggestion here is to do this via the merchant / shop. Surely there must be a useful item that can be dropped into the game that is exclusive to the shop or certain shop items should be buyable with coin.

Suggestions for new drop -
    Improved Prov house Buff
    1 Day premiums - this is the most important actually - again it could be made quite expensive - say 100k, but it would in essence provide a cap on the value of gold

Existing changed to coin / coin option added

Improved storehouse (would be expensive) maybe 200k (ensuring a lot of gems have already been spent otherwise you cant hold 200k)
    Arrows
    Assasins
    Stop Buffs

If you are a player reading this, whose economy is not set up to take advantage of this, remember that in game coin only has a value as a currency really, I am not talking about disadvantaging ppl I am talking about maintaining a useful currency in game.

I am a level 50 player with multiple imp storehouses, but pretty soon I wont even be able to buy the best items in the game (even if I had the coin) because I couldn't store that much.

Remember if you want to buy an expensive item in the game (such as for example a Witch Tower) which is 40k on my server, if you take gold out of the game the value of gold goes up, and therefore the price of the Witch tower comes down.

World
    Newfoundland
    Hello, I do feel inflation has got out of hand. But I also hope that with the new loot tables (gold ore tops up being reduced in size) that given some time this could stem the flow somewhat.

I do hope this reduction was on purpose by BB because of the issues around gold coin, It will be interesting to see where we are in a couple of months from now.

It may need further adjustments in due time, I am also hoping BB are up to the task.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    while reduction is gold ore drops helps it does nothing to fix the root cause. There are no true gold coin sinks once you've done upgrading all buildings to level 4, say level 45. What they need is something to take high level's coins out of the game, cuz all it does presently is exchange hands.
    add some fast gens you can buy for 200kgc or some pop buildings or something. or some adventures you can buy with gold coins, expensive RTTBNs, MLs maybe? i think map frags are silly and adv should just cost coins in the shop..
    Last edited by Narcil; 19.12.14 at 21:36.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    This problem is unfixable unless you force all the people holding large deposits of gold coins to quit (providing they don't redistribute their wealth). An established level 50 player can generate so many coins in a day just by building a few gold mines. They get plenty of 3x and 4x buffs everyday from explorers to keep their coinages buffed so no matter what BB introduce for gold coins they will soon recover whatever they've spent.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Interesting to read the comments here, but much of the problem with inflation of gold is with the high level players - what about the newer players who are still struggling to get enough gold to upgrade their buildings.

Many don't have enough explorers skilled enough to bring home those highly desirable buffs.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by meggy View Post
    Interesting to read the comments here, but much of the problem with inflation of gold is with the high level players - what about the newer players who are still struggling to get enough gold to upgrade their buildings.

Many don't have enough explorers skilled enough to bring home those highly desirable buffs.
    once you hit 42 and you can start doing RB (and to a lesser extent BK) then coins are no longer a problem. and you can get plenty of coins trading smartly until then.
    Last edited by Narcil; 20.12.14 at 02:52.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by meggy View Post

Since the changes on 25th November I'd say a new player will find life extraordinary tough, to the point most will either give up or spend a lot of gems (which was probably the point of the changes). Anything a new player can produce easily is heading towards worthless and yet everything he/she needs is getting very expensive. The crisis point probably arrives around the point they need to start buying Noble deeds to increase population sufficiently to do bigger adventures and release building licenses to build a decent weapons chain. Must be very depressing looking in the trade office and seeing Noble deeds are around 4k gc each.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    They simply need to introduce stuff you can buy with gold coins for high level players.

For example rare resource adventures in the guildmarket for lvl 45+ that can only be bought with regular gold.
    Alternatively they can set up an exchange from gold coins to guild coins and add more adventures in the guild store that can be bought with guild coins.
    Or make grout available for gold coins. aka lots of ways to create gold sinks
    Last edited by Rhylian; 20.12.14 at 15:52.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    +1 for the Guild/Gold coin idea :-)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    This subject raises it's head from time to time. Unfortunately it's more complicated than the way your all painting it. All the suggestions here will upset some group of players in game.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread