Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone building cannons?

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove

Anyone building cannons?

Now that cannons don't drop from loot anymore, is anyone here producing cannons?

And how do you guys think those who don't yet have cannoneers will get them? I mean, the cost to build just one building in that production chain is huge...

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Did so during "Double Time" by loading a quad buff on my Forge, but other than that: no.

Got about 40k cannons up in store and not doing any messy stuff that might lose me cannoneers by accident.

Aside from that, yes - the cost of cannoneers is now quite prohibitive:
    Creating 1 Cannoner own from scratch costs a whopping 300(!) coins on Northisle when factoring the raw difference towards selling intermediate items (poweder/carriages) - so an army of 100 cannoneers costs 30k coins, I don't even want to think what a failed block losing 200 of them does to a new player's budget.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    As I am rapidly approaching the cannon stuff (no doubt with quests to do) .... uh ho

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    in truth cannon like every other weapon in game costs nothing but time.....everything needed to build cannons can be got for free..

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ATHTHEMANIAC View Post
    in truth cannon like every other weapon in game costs nothing but time.....everything needed to build cannons can be got for free..
    Well said. These things don't cost real money. Everything just depends on how much time one is prepared to invest into the game.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes I am making cannons and also Damascene Swords - I don't seem to have a need for Crossbows so that is currently paused.

I imagine the costs are sky high for all 3 of the above weapon types now but in my case I still have the raw materials from previous adventures, get more raw materials from current adventures and have a need to make them for the as and when instances that block fails.

I tend to have the buildings self buffed using the new Irma Feast buffs that perform at X2 and last 24 hours. By self buffing I can manage the times effectively and have them run 24/7 which I couldn't if I had a friend buff them and they lasted 36 hours (or more with premium).

Yes I am sure many people will tell me I should use X3 or X4 buffs and buff for maximum time by having a friend place them, but then I have the hassle of acquiring the buffs, sending them and managing the times they expire when I am at work or asleep - all of which is to much hard work - especially when I consider that my island has been put together to focus on self sufficiency (as much as possible) and the weapons produced are in fact free as has been stated above.

Many people say this is predominantly a trading game, well I think the rules have changed and that BB now expect more people to invest in having a balanced economy that supports the need for a significant number of players to build high value buildings which will cost a lot of coins at L4 and other expensive resources at L5. These upgrades will then become one of the coin sinks that people seem to think is required to help to rebalance the economy.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ATHTHEMANIAC View Post
    haha making cannons isnt free, any idea what opportunity cost means?

regardless i wont be making cannons still have 60k in store...

World
    Newfoundland
    I built the buildings and 500 cannons for the quests and gems. I don't have near 60k in stock, but I have 250 cannoneers.

Even if you acquire the items for free, they still have the value you could sell them for. While 30k per 100 cannoneers may sound like a lot, if you don't lose many, it is recouped many times over.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I've always been a firm believer that you should always at least have the capacity of producing items on your own island. The crisis quests taught us the lesson that you never know when a quest will come along which demands you to produce something, only a blind fool will believe otherwise. As it stands with the current iteration of the loot drops building cannons is going to be a painfully slow process for many because they will also be needing the same resources for buildings, upgrades or building more troops of other types. It don't matter if somebody starts selling cannons at 10k coin each, even if that person has 100k cannons in stock, demand will see that given time they will sell all their stock, as there will always be times when a player decides I need it now and can handle the cost no matter how much.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    im building all weapons and slowely streathening the chains..my island can produce all, some target sertain things, but i like to be self suffiecent, and as said costs only time

Reply to Thread