Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone building cannons?

EWiggin

The help is there....

"Thumbs up" to most of the posters here...

I am just building a second set of the advanced weapon buildings. I welcome the reversion of loot to materials rather than the end product.

Within our guild, we will not see someone arrive at a new troop level without assistance to build initial troops if they need it - but they need to show willing and have the building (We will even help with resources for that if the player is active in chat). If they haven't got the building, we will lend them ours to process their raw materials.

BB gave a quest telling them the right time to make the building - if they chose not to do the quest (with assistance if they asked), it's their lookout...

Likewise if they need assistance because a block failed, I'm gonna want to see the building buffed were I to look... but the help is there to set them straight...

I guess I'm saying two things... Firstly, have the buildings - BB did not give you the quest for nothing.... Secondly, If you need support, then join a guild that will offer that support (I'm sure plenty will)...

Happy Settling...

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Nice one EWiggin

All to often guildies see membership as being a boost to endless free or very very cheap resources and the number of times I have seen a high level player advance without the island behind them, or an active trader mentality to support it is unbelievable.

I am not in a guild at present but I remember 'fondly' all the people that ask for gunpowder or wheels to complete a guild quest and seldom did they stop and think about what it cost to make those items. Yet they are also the first to run to trade to offload salt and other resources from adventure that are needed to produce those items.

Its good to here that there are some guilds out there where they expect their members to take such a common sense approach.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    If you have killed a lot since you started playing TSO, you will amass insane amounts of granite. Suddenly there is nothing left on the island to upgrade, except for the high-end weapon buildings. Mine were sort of ready, when BB broke the news.

The "Move for free" weeks came in handy too (except for the lag that followed), so we could remove buildings that would be in surplus and balance in order to adapt to the new conditions - weapons gone from loot and PvP.

I produce in a lvl 5 cannon forge - with a rainbow buff on. It's a selfbuff and will run out at the same time as I placed it - 4 days later.
    420 cannons is the outcome every 12 hours.

It is not just the production that has changed, we have to figure out what buffs to use were too. It's like a new game. ;-)

I am part of a guild with +20 very skilled and very active lvl 50's, and assuming we will be self-sufficient with high-end weapons.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Slowly but surely is my approach, looks like the best bet. Taking time to build up and balancing Exotic wood, Titanium. Not in a guild yet, when is the best time to join one, any ideas? A kind level 50 player helped me get a Veteran, so I am helping lower levels where I can.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    yes a nice move from bb to introduce no more cannon drops in loot and awful bugs on advs to make us use the ones we have in storage

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Lost 77cannon yesterday because my gen didn't retreat despite giving a message saying he had, so yes darn it!

Luckily I have everything apart from a powdersmith, but I'm at least 6k granite short of building one. Don't know what I would do if I also needed 9k granite to build a cannon forge, at the rate you get granite from adventures I'd still be sitting here a year from now. Oh and at lvl49 with 300xp to go before hitting lvl50 I've only managed to accrue about 1500 saltpeter so not sure how I'm supposed to make enough gunpowder to make more than a few hundred even if I did have all the buildings needed...feel sorry for anyone who's just unlocked the ability to make them, it's going to be costly even if you can find anyone selling.

Reply to Thread