Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PVP/Colonies experience

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

PVP/Colonies experience

Hello,

Just some questions and observations I gathered from playing PVP/Colonies. I was very excited at the beginning, having completed all the achievements in the regular game I was looking forward to getting new achievements.

I'm currently trying to do the Expert Conqueror achievement (win huge colony from player while losing less than 650 units). It's an easy achievement at Tier 1, but at Tier 2 it's almost impossible. Especially with all the unpredictability from the new fighting system.

1. Chain intercept: if I attack a camp and another camp intercepts me, after fighting the camp that intercepts me, if another camp is nearby, it will intercept as well, even though the path of my general was not going anywhere near that camp. Is this a feature or a bug?
    2. Intercept bugs: it happened several times that a general went past a camp that was in theory going to intercept, and when I logically assumed that I can go past that camp without being intercepted, I was actually intercepted.
    3. Medipack bugs: I searched for a colony, got in, and I noticed that even before sending the generals to it, all 5 medipacks were used.

Why aren't achievements adjusted for colony tier difficulty? It is very easy to take a huge colony with under 650 units at tier 1 but almost impossible at tier 2. Not being able to do this achievement at tier 2 prevents me to play more PVP since if I barely miss the 650 unit mark at tier 2, I will for sure not be able to make it at tier 3. A good suggestion is to allow players to use more medipacks for high tier colonies.

How can we go back from tier 2 to tier 1, or from tier 3 to tier 2? Initially, I managed to do so by searching for colonies, accepting them and cancelling them. After the last maintenance it is not possible anymore. Is moving up/down tier a feature of the new system? If so, where is it documented?

All in all, after only playing PVP/Colonies since they were introduced, I will give it a rest until the issues are fixed.

Feel free to comment about your experiences, maybe we can learn from each other...

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    1) Chain intercepts are normal. Your gen gets pulled off course and ends up walking a different path to his target, this might take him into the intercept zones of camps that were not a problem when he started his walk.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Noticed that the attacks on humble Tier 1's has gone drastically down. I assume a lot are stuck on Tier 2 and Tier 3 now.

In order to go down in Tiers you need to loose. :-(

You do that the cheap way:
    - Search for a small exp. island, only player ones will be useful.
    - Visit the island and then cancel the expedition.
    - It can take up to 7 explorers to get down one tier.

Happy loosing. ;-)

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    The chain intercept is not bug.
    You get intercepted, win the battle, but because you were taken out of the way you originally went, you are now in a new intercept zone, and if that is outside the intercept zone of the camp you are going for (leaders don't have any intercept zone) you are intercepted. If you won that you will either be intercepted by the next, or if you are not in an intercept zone continue to the camp you were attacking in the first place.
    It works like that in normal adventures too.
    Medi pack is clearly a bug, heard of that before.
    Dunno about the random intercepting camp, but if it looks like it is going to intercept, I guess its best to assume it does

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    How do I go up a tier?
    I seems to be stuck at Tier 1 at the moment.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Keep winning - do not abandon/cancel an expedition, as it counts as a loss.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ksinori View Post
    Keep winning - do not abandon/cancel an expedition, as it counts as a loss.
    That is probably why then, as I keep abandoning Colony that doesn't look attractive to attack..... >__<

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    i got one colony at tier 1, i owned it, My Husband did the same before me at tier 1, he owned it for the required days (7), then went looking for a second and got tier 1 again which he again beat and owned quite easily.
    Meanwhile i went looking and could not get anything but tier 2 colony's which i managed by the skin of my teeth to beat and own but found you only seem to own for 5 days. also you only seem to have 5 hours to beat tier 2 in , is this correct or did i miss read?
    Tier 2 are a real pain to beat for Very little rewards, i for one will no longer do pvp/colony as the cost in making weapons far out ways the rewards Sadly was looking forward to a new level of play.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Expedition Islands - PvP is a halfdone job. Rushed/pushed thru - but as everyone else (he-he), I am sure BB will get the job fully done as soon as 2015 invade us.

- Horrible missmatch in the troop costs.
    - Colony Interface is not very informative.
    - Mails/VP from defending, is useless disinformation.
    - There are lots more, but Support prob. already got a huge pile of tickets to send to.....someone.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ksinori View Post
    In order to go down in Tiers you need to loose. :-(
    - It can take up to 7 explorers to get down one tier.
    I know the functionality, I used it before the last maintenance. I am curious if somebody else moved down tier after it. I tried with all my 19 explorers, totaling 38 loses and I'm still stuck at tier 2. That is why I wonder if they changed something...

I am not aware of the chain intercepting in the regular adventure but I will try it and will come back with an answer.

Reply to Thread