Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Quests need to be changed

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ATHTHEMANIAC View Post
    did u actually think bb did the rebalancing for the benefit of players?...lol
    the rebalancing was done to try and increase gem sale nothing else....if you thought otherwise then...oh well....
    +1

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    The game is imbalanced beyond proportion. The merchant is a sham. The so called wholesale section sells 500 stones for 375 gems! are you kidding! Why is this item still there? Of course only newbies would buy it and empty their pocket of gems before they realize their value. The rest of the shop is no different, just designed for more experienced players. If you are willing to research enough you can get around the traps. Frankly I dont have the time to enjoy the game and to get around BB traps. So I stick to the simple things and understand that the game is rigged. In fact, writing this post knowing it disappears into ether is already more than what I should be doing :-)

World
    Newfoundland
    about the adventures, isnt it now just like it used to be when it was not possible to produce map fragments?

ive always suggested to preselect guild quests..
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Gracus
    Completely agree with all comments so far. The GQ system at the moment is absurd. Its not actually worth completing alot of them.

If you take IOTP out of shop dont give it as a Quest to do in GQ also stop giving us the pay cannons quest, its completely ridiculous especially now we dont actually get cannons in loot anymore.

As a Guild we have been cancelling these ones becuase although several members stocked up on various adventures prior to the changes not everyone did, and eventually we will run out of them therefore we are back to square one.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    How about the latest one i got for gq, its the dark priests, it dosnt even appear in the shop anymore, how the .... are you supposed do it ?. What, hope your explorer might one month actual find it, might be in a long time waiting for it. oh i forgot to mention IOP is a stupid price as well.
    Last edited by capt_tuvak; 05.01.15 at 16:04.

World
    Northisle
    Has there been any word on this? I haven't noticed any BB announcements, and wondered if anyone else had...?

I hadn't even thought about the weapons donations, Jim_B, that's a very good point - we'd all stocked up on those too before they disappeared so haven't really noticed with donations, but as with the adventures, the stockpiles will only last so long! (Especially if they push back the jumping gens fix any further and my elites and cannoneers keep leaping forward to their doom! )

I did also see someone the other day who was stuck early-on as one of the low-level quests is to buy IOTP and DP from the merchant with MFs which, of course, you can't do any more! So they took the advs out but didn't update any of the quests that go with them...

Admittedly it's not a game-breaker, but it adds to other frustrations.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Well, you look at iotp.

Since cannons were removed from loot, cannon prices soared to 8 coins a piece already (at least on northisle), and they will rise.
    There's a gq requiring payment of 30 cannons.

Cannons require 36 Saltpeter to produce (unbuffed). You get maybe 200 Saltpeter from Epic Adventures. So, your reward for 1 Epic Adventure is enough to produce 6 Cannons, so you need to complete (given a 1-in-4 chance for saltpeter) 24 epic adventures ---- TO COMPLETE A GUILD QUEST!
    Sorry, this is simply beyond reasonable.

In effect, the current situation completely screws players in smaller guilds out of their rewards, so being in a small guild is pretty much worse than not being in a guild at all.
    In large guilds (50+ members), GQ's are not that bad. Getting 120+ guild coins for 300-3000 coins is only a major loss, not a complete screwover. In any case, is it so bad if gc's are more valuable?

Then again, prices in the guild market are a complete joke.
    Just calculate: Nords costs nearly 2000 Guild Coins. For a player in a 20-person guild, it takes 1 GQ to get like 100 Guild Coins. So, every 20 days (assuming daily complet) you can buy a single Nords. But you were probably requested to complete Nords 3x to obtain this reward.

Just asking BB employees: Would you pay $2000 to obtain $700? If so, please contact me. If not, please understand the current reward system is broken.

Gracus
    heres an idea: Why dont Guilds just cancel those Guild quests that require you to do dark priests and IOTP. We have done that until further notice, or until BB changes it and it works fine. Its completely unfair to ask low level to do a GQ which they are unable to do. So speak to the Guild leaders and see if they can change it.

World
    Northisle
    We are cancelling them (we let them run for a couple of days then cancel them, so people can get the extra few gcs if they want) but we end up having to cancel a lot of GQs because of the changes and it would be nice to have the system revisited and changed to reflect the changes in the game.

We don't get the 'payout' if we cancel the GQ, so it'd be nice to not have to keep cancelling them because they require advs that are no longer available to buy or that cost 5 times the reward.

As I said, it's not a game-breaker, but it really is frustrating.

Gracus
    we normally run it incase people want to do it and claim individual Guild coins..but If theres a waiting Quest following day its gets cancelled then. I do agree its very annoying. My Guildie contacted BB about changing it and they got back to her saying they are "looking into it" so not sure what that means and when changes will happen. uptil then its good idea to just cancel.

Reply to Thread