Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Guild Quests need to be changed

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by EWiggin View Post
    The Cambridge dictionary defines a quest as: "a long search for something that is difficult to find, or an attempt to achieve something difficult". It does not talk of reward or profit - often the only reward would be completion of a quest.
    I take major issue with that because it's a definition for real life when difficulty matters/exists. In a game though difficulty is supplemented for time (how quickly it takes) and cost (how cheaply it can be done). Often the player has to try and find a balance between these 2 things which then produces that players 'game difficulty' in achieving the quest.

In addition to this I would argue that if a quest is meant to be hard or difficult to do then why are there a number of quest that can be done for little cost and 2 clicks of a button? Not very difficult or challenging so either way BB fails.

The guild quest system is a complete mess by any definition. It's either too quick and cheap, too expensive, too time consuming or in some cases counterproductive. It is the real world equivalent of taking 2 steps back in order to go 1 step forward rather than 1 step back and 2 steps forward.

In just about every game made before f2p came a long a player would take up a quest with the understanding they would get something out of it at the end even if that reward was the ability to progress to the next level or quest in the chain in order to get a special sword or chain mail +1.

That is the definition of a quest when applied to gaming and is what most players would expect. You do something 'hard' or laborious and in exchange it helps you, progresses you or benefits you in some way without making you worse off then you previously were before you undertook the quest. Otherwise why the heck would the average player bother with it knowing it would cost them more then the reward is worth?

If it was about comradeship and doing something together it wouldn't be implemented in such a pathetic and ludicrous way while called a guild quest.

Guild quests are no different to single player quests. Do an adventure, spend some resources etc... The only change comes in the form of them accumulating till enough people reach a magical number wish outputs a few more extra guild coins. This is nowhere close to what I'd call a guild quest, more like a single player guild annoyance in most cases.

A guild quest should be something like a 20 player adventure where guild members need to fight their way through completely random enemy camps and reach the castle, dragons lair, etc to get the well worth it reward.
    Something where guild members actually interact and meat on the battle field, strategise, plan and work together doing something rather than just sending off more resources into a sink hole void never to be seen again or completing an adventure by yourself again and again.
    A little less compensation, a little more action please
    All this compensation ain't satisfactioning me
    A little more content and a little less bugged
    A little less inconvenient and a little more hugged
    Re-do PvP so its actually PvP and bluebyte satisfy me.
    Satisfy me bluebyte.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by EWiggin View Post
    I think you all missed the point before I ever did! The point of GQ was never reward (It never added up to profit for all).

The point of GQ is to increase cameraderie and participation over and above any perceived material gain!

I'm certainly not saying that BB does not need to look at the current content - but some of you may need to look at the reason why you do GQ at all...
    -----------------

"camaraderie' mutual trust and friendship among people who spend a lot of time together".

On that definition it does not fit to say to members, Do this quest, no matter how much you lose out or leader will kick you out of the guild regardless of any sense of fairness.

EWiggin
    I thought this one was asleep! I ignored the post a couple above because that friend was clearly both over and under thinking - who wants to get mixed up in that!!

We have a happy guild of 90 members who get a lot of guild coins and enjoy having a job to do when they come online!

It is the members - not the guild who are unhappy when it overuns - and we all agreed on the solution - which we very rarely use...

If a new member dislikes this - then they are free to leave - join another guild or go solo... But many of us are in second or third year!

Most stay - because we are about so much more than guild coins - which most of us don't care about.

I suspect we have one of the highest levels of activity - and older friends who join love how active our guild chat is.

So dont judge us by thinking we have a single mantra about guild quest just because that is what is discussed here!!!
    Last edited by EWiggin; 23.02.15 at 00:00.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland

Guild Quests need a makeover

I am posting this on a new thread as previous posts regarding this do not seem to have a reply from anyone on the official side. Hopefully this one will get some feedback

As the Leader of a large guild My officers and myself are constantly having to bully members into competing GQ in a reasonable time. The main reason for delays is due to the high volume of quests requiring specific adventures or 2 adventures to be completed. Add to this the need to pay expensive resources like cannons or carriages and some feel the rewards for completing it are not worth the expense/effort involved. We even have regular requests for mid levels to complete IOTP adv which is no longer available except from searches. This means that we normally just delete the quest making it pointless.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can someone look into making the guild quests more in line with the new loot and adventure availability.

I would also appreciate some indication that this has been read so I know I am not wasting my time posting a suggestion that will never be read.

Thread merged with original.
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 21.07.15 at 06:36.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    i read it, get em to sort out the pointless daily quest while ur at it. whats the point in swapping a few low lvl items for a few different low lvl items. the most excitement lately is having to build a lvl1 well!

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    maybe bb could look at updating this stuff b4 adding content that ppl don't really want, like a non event, I won't mention pvp again lol and them arrows in barracks that don't really do anything other than waste my graphics cards resources having to draw em on screen!!!

I'm only messin with ya bb, but there is a grain of truth in my comments
    Last edited by vigabrand; 14.07.15 at 19:45.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    +1 especially quests requiring adventures that cost an arm and a leg on trade, if they're even available

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think there is another tread about this,- but I agree. We make a topic in chat every time we have to give cannon part, that the quest is deleted in the evening.
    The Iopt quest I actually like. We are normally able to provide it for those who does not have it. Making it available in the shop for map fragments, or change it into an adv you are able to get would be logic.
    More guild quests and daily quest that gives you something to do besides selling 50 titan ore or building a level 1 well, when you are at level 50, would be nice. I have not even played the game a year, and are already onto trying to make my own achievements to find something to do in the game.

( and no- no way am I starting to do pvp )

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Yep, I agree with every comment above.
    Guild quests are so unbalanced and can grind a guild to a halt.
    So, maybe a suggestion box ? ( do we ever get actually heard ?)

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    What makes all the older threads with good suggestions any less valuable?

Reply to Thread