Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    yeah thanks for the event

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    I disagree. This is why.

The balance was all wrong. High level players got loads of presents (because they have loads of explorers) and had nothing to spend it on.
    I personally I had purchased both Coal Factories, both Deer Factories and all of the recipes by the end of the first week. (started with 0 presents in the bank)
    When you are just 1 week in to the event and you have already got everything out of it that you wanted it kind of ruins the rest of it for you.

What I ended up doing then was spending presents on Grout. I now have over 20k which I will never get enough granite to actually use.
    Creating this glut has in effect ruined future events for me as well since I wont be interested in getting any more of it.

All of this could have been avoided had they added in some high level items for players to spend their presents on.
    For example a gold tower for 6k presents.

The other thing that annoyed me during the event was seeing that the devs had done some great work that is in effect wasted because of bad implementation.
    Here are two examples.
    1) I did all of the "adventures" only producing two types of "present" buffs. What was the point in that? Why waste all that time in making a dozen or so buffs if we only have to use two of them.
    2) The newly introduced recipes could be a great addition to the game. Obviously someone out there is working hard when they thought these up. Unfortunately the cost to make some of these items is so extreme that they wont ever be created.

Finally, I spent lots of gems on the random box and only got rubbish back. I had assumed this was just bad luck but given previous posts I thought I would add it to the list.

I am not making this post to run down BB. I am making it so that they have some user feedback to fine tune their efforts and make improvements for next time.

Thanks.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbelly View Post
    I disagree. This is why.

The balance was all wrong. High level players got loads of presents (because they have loads of explorers) and had nothing to spend it on.
    I personally I had purchased both Coal Factories, both Deer Factories and all of the recipes by the end of the first week. (started with 0 presents in the bank)
    When you are just 1 week in to the event and you have already got everything out of it that you wanted it kind of ruins the rest of it for you.

What I ended up doing then was spending presents on Grout. I now have over 20k which I will never get enough granite to actually use.
    Creating this glut has in effect ruined future events for me as well since I wont be interested in getting any more of it.

All of this could have been avoided had they added in some high level items for players to spend their presents on.

The other thing that annoyed me during the event was seeing that the devs had done some great work that is in effect wasted because of bad implementation.
    Here are two examples.
    1) I did all of the "adventures" only producing two types of "present" buffs. What was the point in that? Why waste all that time in making a dozen or so buffs if we only have to use two of them.
    2) The newly introduced recipes could be a great addition to the game. Obviously someone out there is working hard when they thought these up. Unfortunately the cost to make some of these items is so extreme that they wont ever be created.

Finally, I spent lots of gems on the random box and only got rubbish back. I had assumed this was just bad luck but given previous posts I thought I would add it to the list.

I am not making this post to run down BB. I am making it so that they have some user feedback to fine tune their efforts and make improvements for next time.

Thanks.
    +1 to everything said. It was not a bad event otherwise but not much new stuff.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    The christmas event was ok,thx devs.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I disagree. This is why.

Here are two examples.

Thanks.
    Pretty much sums up event, it was ok but rather dull, think the biggest mistake was removing RtBN and MSE that were in last year, established players would of had plenty to buy. It's nice newer players should of got most if not all the stuff from merchant given prices dropped so low. Developers might have to think long and hard about next year because if over half the Christmas content is already owned (RPH and recipes) that event is going to be dire.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    pretty much as others have said without even trying that hard i managed to get everything within days and then the thousands of present gained for the other 3 1/2 weeks went into the only thing i could buy grout now sitting with 150k or so grout not exactly rare now is it

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    curious why high lvl players..never used the pressies to trade....unless they have all that they need already
    nice event....but more thought should have been given to the high level players :-)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    High level players were trading presents, admittedly most trades were for high level items.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Finally, I spent lots of gems on the random box and only got rubbish back.
    You must have been unlucky. I got several improved storehouses & a silo straight off. Sold a storehouse for cash when meant I could use presents (which I'd normally sell) for a rarity provision house, recycling & deerstalker. Then I got a christmas tree which is when I figured it was time to stop gambling..

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    High level players were trading presents, admittedly most trades were for high level items.
    I gave 1200 presents away, simply because I could. I guess that's called "Christmas Spirit".
    Other than that, yea, I would there had been more to do with presents.

Reply to Thread