Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A new thread by BB to compile a list of currently undesirable adventures or problems

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    @ FishSmell ehhh I am lvl 43 and I sell them .. horses that is. It's one of the 4 things I can sell. (to gather enough gold for upgrades and ls'es).

@fishslice, yes ls'es. awesome. Same price as they were but pretty much the value has been dropped to 66% of what they were to removal of the weapons. You also forget that since people now have to use ALL their resources or save up for disasters (trust me you do not want to experience losing 100 cannoneers with a stock of zero cannons). So since they need to use the iron and the titanium and well pretty much everything that leaves only a few things people can sell they will have a surplus off. And let me tell you that isn't stuff worth 1000's of gold. more 40 gold per 10K. Now imagine sending a few explorers our (lets assume you manage say 2 commodities that give you a 10K surplus which both sell at 40 each per 10K and yes that is reality I mostly can sell Pinewood and Coal ... both sell at 40 gold per 10K so a massive 80 gold/day at lvl 43 :P) that means 10 days at the very least for a single LS if I don't send explorers. But lets say I can get enough other stuff like water and horses to cover the explorers. so 80 gold/day. So 10+ days to buy an LS which now gives 66% of the old value in loot. Not very much something you'll be doing often now trust me.

As doing even a single adventure will now drain resources heavily it means all the iron and copper you produce are ALL used. ALL of it. So by the time you have recovered even just the recruits from doing a DB (and I am not including blocking here because many people cannot block and the fact loot is basically set to people that can block ... kinda ridiculous) so that's in the vicinity of 2K recruits + 1K horses used. Recovering the resources for 2K recruits takes a LOT of time now. Now on top of that these people will have far smaller population limits. Why? All the epic buildings have been reduced remember? So they will hit walls soon enough that are called Building licenses. Since those epic buildings no longer drop as much as they used to (read 10-20 less then they used to aka you need to do 10-20 the adventures to get them) people will be stuck doing adventures within their pop limit.
    It has created a string of problems that are quite fairly not imaginable for people that have huge stocks.

Now to the gems part. I also happen to buy gems, but you are saying that it is ok that if I want a nice amount of frozen that it is fair that I now have to pay 7 times as much as you did to get them. Because that is now the reality. Do you also know what the result is if they keep cranking up the difficulty for non-paying players? They will quit. I certainly wouldn't enjoy near empty servers tbh. And please do not say that that will not happen. One of my last games died because of exactly that. I wouldn't find a game that is mostly deserted except for the people with lots of money very interesting to play. I like seeing a lively active chat and guilds. I buy so they do not have to. No need to punish them more and more for not being paying players.
    Last edited by Rhylian; 11.01.15 at 12:54.

World
    Newfoundland
    about old players having 100k cannons. i played bk to get to lvl 50 and swapped most spots. at 50 i had 8k cannons total. after that ive earned about another lvl 50 in xp playing adv that drop cannons and bought some ls also. im currently at 19k of cannons. i have not sold them and lost little over 100 cannoneers. so pretty much as average and vanilla as active player can get. 100k would mean you are adventuring/buying ls 8h a day..
    20k is a nice number and will last me a lifetime but only because im extremely careful.
    Last edited by topgearfan; 11.01.15 at 13:38.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    i had 9k cannons before Halloween too, then i double swapped bk non stop on prem for 3 weeks, ended up with 75k and ~20 DCs. doesn't take very long.

@fishslice
    i didn't say they should remove SE because it's hard. its not even hard, the rewards are just complete junk. making them worth doing doesn't necessarily precludes you from having fun doing it either. just because you have no need for anything in the game doesn't mean adventures shouldnt be worth doing, resource wise. who cares you give away 100kgc for 1 stone, that's irrelevant to the discussion here.
    Last edited by Narcil; 11.01.15 at 16:31.

World
    Sandycove
    In regards to the OP and what needs to be looked at seriously regarding the old adventures, ( once the attention of the Devs is removed from the expedition version of the game ) Is taking the old original format of experience/resource/ epic and tweaking it to make it more up to the current rebalanced structure.
    The removal of all weapons from loot was supposed to be the first step in the rebalancing program, it has been implemented in the most basic and simplest form, and the next phase has probably been put back ( forgotten about ) whilst resources have been put into the development of PV? and associated bug fixes.
    I would like to see the blanket ban on weapons in loot to be revised and either some resource addys and epics having weapons included in loot or the middle resources ( bars ) included. With a) Certain individual resources tied to certain adventures - still as a chance not a certainty - Iron bars/swords maybe tied to SOTV: Steel bars/swords maybe tied to DB.
    and b) Those addy's giving such loot should have the loot firmly tied to the xp earned by each player on adventure*
    The requirements for higher level materials has not decreased in game, in fact with the higher weapons buildings and lvl6 buildings it has increased. So there was no need or justification in reducing it from loot. It needs putting back ( and even increasing) especially within the epic adventures, maybe reducing it in the easier resource addy's to reflect their ease and associated targeted player level.
    The finding of epic buildings was hard enough at the old levels, but again ls selling makes it appear easier than it was. If this was restored but also tied in to xp, where the slot only became available ( giving the chance not the certainty ) when a player on the addy accrues a 33% of the available xp on a two player addy or 25% on a 3 player addy this would restore the original challenge and value of these buildings. Thinking about it having all the slots of loot tied into a particular value of xp on any one addy makes far more sense, the more you do the more slots become available and the better the loot ( chances ).
    * I am well aware that this eliminates/reduces the value of ls selling part of the game. But the reality is, the practice of gaining full loot for the cost of 1r or 1c or one kill buff is a major part of the `imbalance' of the game in the first place. I know you will all hate me for saying it , but since coin became easier with the Gold Towers the imbalance has become a good deal worse!
    I would rather we had a good loot ratio to effort rather than what we are currently looking at which is poor loot for everyone ( Which is If BB were working with the ls selling situation in mind when setting the loots )
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcil View Post
    @fishslice
    i didn't say they should remove SE because it's hard. its not even hard, the rewards are just complete junk. making them worth doing doesn't necessarily precludes you from having fun doing it either. just because you have no need for anything in the game doesn't mean adventures shouldnt be worth doing, resource wise. who cares you give away 100kgc for 1 stone, that's irrelevant to the discussion here.

No it isn't irrelevant. I was demonstrating that not everyone does lootspots for profit and I stand by my comment that not all loots should be worth the cost of doing the adventure. That's why some are experience based and some are reward based.

World
    Newfoundland
    I have to say Secluded Experiments is one of my favourite adventures - because it is different from all the rest - it can be attacked in so many different ways. Of course if you use the same guide over and over again it will feel just like any other adventure - but there are a lot of possible ways to clear the island. I also like the opportunity for double leader kill blocking to clear sectors (especially more so with the additional lag).

This is my choice of adventure whenever I want to just run an adventure for the fun of it and regularly volunteer my services when guildmates need it for a quest or achievement. Also my angel gate looks awesome (only had to run it 27 times to get it).

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    You could perhaps take your suggestion seriously if it actually contained any adventures that were undesirable, it's just another whine thread about Guild quests.If you want to list undesirable adventures how about listing SoTV, VtV, Gunpowder,Wild Mary, SE (all adventures shunned by the majority).

I don't personally do DB that often but when I do there are ways and means to reduce the losses to acceptable levels, now given that your getting IoTP ans DP as GQ I'm going to take a leap of faith and presume you in a guild with at least 50 active members, so do something radical and work together to get the DB done, sell both ls to guild members for a 400C suicide, maybe go a little further use up some of those star coins you've been hoarding and use an assassin and a RoA too.
    There is a short version which skips loads of camps (losses 835R 120M 23S 1000C less if use assassin and RoA)

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhylian View Post
    @ FishSmell ehhh I am lvl 43 and I sell them .. horses that is. It's one of the 4 things I can sell. (to gather enough gold for upgrades and ls'es).

@fishslice, yes ls'es. awesome. Same price as they were but pretty much the value has been dropped to 66% of what they were to removal of the weapons. You also forget that since people now have to use ALL their resources or save up for disasters (trust me you do not want to experience losing 100 cannoneers with a stock of zero cannons). So since they need to use the iron and the titanium and well pretty much everything that leaves only a few things people can sell they will have a surplus off. And let me tell you that isn't stuff worth 1000's of gold. more 40 gold per 10K. Now imagine sending a few explorers our (lets assume you manage say 2 commodities that give you a 10K surplus which both sell at 40 each per 10K and yes that is reality I mostly can sell Pinewood and Coal ... both sell at 40 gold per 10K so a massive 80 gold/day at lvl 43 :P) that means 10 days at the very least for a single LS if I don't send explorers. But lets say I can get enough other stuff like water and horses to cover the explorers. so 80 gold/day. So 10+ days to buy an LS which now gives 66% of the old value in loot. Not very much something you'll be doing often now trust me.

As doing even a single adventure will now drain resources heavily it means all the iron and copper you produce are ALL used. ALL of it. So by the time you have recovered even just the recruits from doing a DB (and I am not including blocking here because many people cannot block and the fact loot is basically set to people that can block ... kinda ridiculous) so that's in the vicinity of 2K recruits + 1K horses used. Recovering the resources for 2K recruits takes a LOT of time now. Now on top of that these people will have far smaller population limits. Why? All the epic buildings have been reduced remember? So they will hit walls soon enough that are called Building licenses. Since those epic buildings no longer drop as much as they used to (read 10-20 less then they used to aka you need to do 10-20 the adventures to get them) people will be stuck doing adventures within their pop limit.
    It has created a string of problems that are quite fairly not imaginable for people that have huge stocks.

Now to the gems part. I also happen to buy gems, but you are saying that it is ok that if I want a nice amount of frozen that it is fair that I now have to pay 7 times as much as you did to get them. Because that is now the reality. Do you also know what the result is if they keep cranking up the difficulty for non-paying players? They will quit. I certainly wouldn't enjoy near empty servers tbh. And please do not say that that will not happen. One of my last games died because of exactly that. I wouldn't find a game that is mostly deserted except for the people with lots of money very interesting to play. I like seeing a lively active chat and guilds. I buy so they do not have to. No need to punish them more and more for not being paying players.
    You want to make gc forget resources at your current level, sell BK ls (buying all the bread,brew and swords).A short BK losses about 1000-1200R if you don't block using an MMA or Vet using Elites and Xbow. Regarding population, on my Northisle character I just sold my Frozen Manor and bought 25 nobles gaining 1250 population for absolutely no input other than logging in daily for an entire event.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    You could perhaps take your suggestion seriously if it actually contained any adventures that were undesirable, it's just another whine thread about Guild quests.If you want to list undesirable adventures how about listing SoTV, VtV, Gunpowder,Wild Mary, SE (all adventures shunned by the majority).

I don't personally do DB that often but when I do there are ways and means to reduce the losses to acceptable levels, now given that your getting IoTP ans DP as GQ I'm going to take a leap of faith and presume you in a guild with at least 50 active members, so do something radical and work together to get the DB done, sell both ls to guild members for a 400C suicide, maybe go a little further use up some of those star coins you've been hoarding and use an assassin and a RoA too.
    There is a short version which skips loads of camps (losses 835R 120M 23S 1000C less if use assassin and RoA)
    @BlueSavanah. Which part of "These are just examples" didn't you get? I do not know the whole list of adventures which are undesirable and why they are. So instead of critizing me how about you learn to read. Did you by any chance miss this "Then the next response will be from someone having played adventure X and finds it is terrible to do. He then explains as to why it is terrible and then suggests a fix." or the "Example" part right below it. Not to mention: which starcoins? the ones I do not have at lvl 43? ohhhh riiiggghhhtttt. Your reply is rather daft ...
    On top of that BK costs me 1400-1600 recruits actually not 1000-1200. I have done it MANY times and it's with an MMA.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    As far as adventures go your near the bottom for the highest level of adventures, but as you level up you will open up items which will enable you to do them easier.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread