Reply to Thread

Thread: Roaring Bull with MMA/Vet/ES (no cannons)

Flesh Eating Mushroom Keen Commentor SwampHen's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove

Cool Fast Roaring Bull with MMA/Vet/ES/XB (no cannons)

I've calculated troops for quick RB with MMA/Vet/ES for use with PrincessAlly's RB guide.

I've tried it about 50 times, no troop losses apart from R and B. I have pasted in the pictures from PrincessAlly's guide for troop placement.

I did a lot of RBs from level 45 to level 48. Even now that I have cannons, I'm using the same troops except for the last attack.

Troops required (no cannons): 750R, 450B, 160C, 90ES, 200XB, 1M, 1S.
    Troops lost: 615R, 361B (give or take a few of each, using all possible blocks).

NB: An extra 36ES are required if you want to use the round block instead of 1R block for Garrison Position 2. An extra 110R are required if you want to avoid the block on camp 20 and kill it instead. This makes for a much more straightforward end to the adventure, and no risk of losing your crossbows.

Troops required (cannons): 650R, 400B, 160C, 91ES, 61K, 18S, 1M. (lose 18S but save Rs and less risky block on last tower)
    Troops lost: about 595R, 320B, 18S.

Gens required: 1 x MMA, 1 x Vet, up to four normal gens (optional block on camp 20/last witch tower, possible round block for second witch tower saving a gen)

You can complete RB in under an hour and a half with a bit of practise.

Garrison Position G1 (Camps 1-6)

Camp A - your MMA (you will move it later, but saves a fair chunk of time having it closer)
    Camp B - normal gen for 1R block later
    Camp C - where you move your MMA to for attack on WT
    Camp D - your Veteran (with 160R 90ES)

From A to Camp 1) 120 Bowmen, 80 Composite
    MMA general: 60R 160C (42R)

From D to Camp 2) 90 Nomad, 60 Lance rider, 50 Cataphract
    VETERAN general: 160R 90ES (152R)

From A to Camp 3) 100 Cultist, 100 Firedancer
    MMA general: 60R 100B 60XB (60R 73B)

From A to Camp 4) 40 Cultist, 60 Dark Priest, 100 Firedancer
    MMA general: 20R 200B (20R 135B)

Move MMA to position C.

Zoom your map out so that things are quite small. This 1R block may take you a few goes to get right.

From B to Camp 5) 70 Cultist, 50 Shadowsneaker, 80 Firedancer
    BLOCKING NORMAL general: 1R

Attack straight away with MMA.

From C to Camp 6) 80 Cultist, 120 Firedancer
    MMA general: 40R 140B 40XB (40R 103B)

You can check the block at this position. The gens should walk through the gates simultaneously. Just retreat if they are too close. You will get used to how the timing of this works for you. For some people you might need to count to two before you send the MMA. It takes a little practise, but saves you 40R 180B if you can get the block to work.

When the tower comes down, you can immediately start relocating your generals for the last two towers.

Garrison Position G2 (Camps 7-8, BLOCK)

Position A: NORMAL general for Block
    Position B: VETERAN general

If you position your gens carefully, this block is very straightforward.

From A to Camp 7) 110 Nomad, 40 Riding Amazonian, 50 Cataphract
    or BLOCKING NORMAL general: 36E 153C (round block suggested by Vorpicus, will mean this gen is not disabled)

PrincessAlly says: Count to 5 seconds and then attack with the second general.
    SwampHen says: Don't rush but just send the veteran general. If you rush, the gen will get intercepted.

From C to Camp 8) 70 Nomad, 100 Lance Rider, 30 Cataphract, 1 Uproarious Bull
    VETERAN general: 158R 1M 1S 90E (138R) (suggested by Vorpicus to reduce pull down time of tower enabling use of round block)

Lootspots

Your looters should send an MMA with 1R or a fast general with 1R and 4C.

An MMA with 1R will guarantee a kill. If your looter arrives in the top left position, attack the nearest camp (40LR/120N/30CB) with 4C. If your looter arrives in the top left position, attack the nearest camp (80N/120CB) with 1R.

Some people send 3R/3C. You need to know that 3C does not 100% guarantee a kill on the 40LR/120N/30CB camp. There is a <1% chance of failure.

While your looters are sending, you should get the first wave attack done on the final witch tower.

Garrison Position G7 (Camps 20-21, BLOCK)

If you have cannons, please look further down for cannon setup with one block.

You can choose not to block Camp 20, and lose an extra 110R. If you do not want to block Camp 20:

From B to Camp 20) 100 Cultist, 40 Shadowsneaker, 60 Firedancer:
    MMA general: 130R, 90ES (110R)

From B to Camp 21) 80 Cultist, 50 Shadowsneaker, 70 Firedancer, 1 Dark High Priest
    MMA general: 140R, 50B (140R 50B)

From D to Camp 21) 1 Dark High Priest
    Any general: 194XB (no loss)

To block Camp 20 (no cannons):

Position A and C: Normal generals with 1R
    Position B: MMA general
    Position D: Any general

PrincessAlly says: Send generals straight after each other OR in a laggy system or if you are not confident send 1R block and its matching attack and wait.
    SwampHen says: This block will go fine for you 90% of the time, and the other 10% of the time it will stuff up and you will lose your 194XB. I wouldn't send both attacks at once.

Check the separation shown in the picture and if your generals are too far apart then retreat. The blocking gen should be passing the wall when the attacking gen is at the markers. The 1R block will finish before your attacking gen gets to the witch tower, and this is fine if the attacking gen has lined up with the gate to the witch tower he will not be intercepted. Do not lose your nerve at this point and retreat unless your gen has been intercepted!

From A to Camp 20a) 100 Cultist, 40 Shadowsneaker, 60 Firedancer

From B to Camp 21a) 80 Cultist, 50 Shadowsneaker, 70 Firedancer, 1 Dark High Priest
    MMA general: 140R 50B (140R 50B)

From C to Camp 20b) 100 Cultist, 40 Shadowsneaker, 60 Firedancer

From D to Camp 21b) 1 Dark High Priest
    ANY general: 194XB (0 - 0 - 0)

To block Camp 20 (if you have cannons):

When you get cannons, you will be glad to know that this last attack can be done in one wave if you are willing to lose about 15 S (which I personally am fine with). It is actually more expensive than the previous version (lose 140R 50B vs lose 140R 15S) but I feel it's worth it for one less block.

From A to Camp 20) 100 Cultist, 40 Shadowsneaker, 60 Firedancer

From B to Camp 21) 80 Cultist, 50 Shadowsneaker, 70 Firedancer, 1 Dark High Priest
    MMA general: 140R 18S 1ES 61K (140R 15S)

If you try this guide and it helps you, please leave a reply. I'd love to know if someone else used it.
    Last edited by SwampHen; 21.10.15 at 23:30. Reason: Fix image link. Add numbered camps image. Add more images.

World
    Sandycove
    For camp 20, it is less risky to kill this camp instead of blocking. To kill use MMA with 130R 90ES (loss ~110R).

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Right mistook camp 5 and 7, so rewriting this.

Camp 7 (camp east of the most northern tower) containing {110 Normads, 40 Amazon Riders, 50 Cataphracts}can be blocked with [36E 153C] (Normal Gen) instead of 1R, it will save 1R and keep your normal general alive to do other stuff.

Combine that with attacking camp 8 (Northern Tower) {70 Normads, 100 Lance riders, 30 Cataphracts 1 Uproarious Bull} with [148R 1M 1S 100E] (Vet) instead (you can replace some of the Es (up to 10) with R/M/S.

It's important to add the M and S to the combination as it will decrease the pulldown time on Tower, so renember to send 1M and 1S too.

Block on camp 20 isn't too risky, first of all you got good time to withdraw if the block fails so a minimum of attention should keep you clear, and as a trick you can put your Ninja/Vet 1 flag closer, while that's technically too close to be optimal, the one flag is offset by the time it takes to move the curser back from camp to ninja, and to tower.

Havn't recalculated the camps settings, so I don't know if it's an optimal guide, but it's good to see a no cannon guide.
    Last edited by Vopicus; 07.02.15 at 14:34.

World
    Sandycove
    Thanks for the feedback, Vopicus. I've added in the map from PrincessAlly that has the camps numbered.

With respect to camp 20, the first ten times I did RB, I was fine with the 1R blocks, then I had some strange stuff happen on particularly laggy days, and my gen got intercepted. The second time I lost 200 XBs, I stopped bothering with that last block.

I've never had a problem with the 1R block on the northern tower, but it's a good alternative to have a round block, if you need to save a normal gen for later.
    Last edited by SwampHen; 13.02.15 at 10:54.

World
    Sandycove
    I've updated this guide to have pictures and incorporate Vopicus' round block for players who don't have four normal gens.

World
    Northisle
    not to bad the blocks worked ok

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    camp 21 can be kill if you garrison your Gen between the WT and the coast
    no block need and camp 20 don't need to be kill

World
    Sandycove
    You're right samsunw. I should update last camp.
    Deathcap - The Flesh-Eating Mushroom from the Create-An-Enemy Contest 2013

Reply to Thread