Reply to Thread

Thread: special buff that retunrs your buff with remaining time in it !!

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland

special buff that retunrs your buff with remaining time in it !!

simple we might need a special buff that returns to the star menu a buff used on building but with remaing time in it not stop it complitly for example a buff used on a mine that is near of being empty but the buff still have a long time to end we get a buff with the remaining time and we re-use it on an other mine or building ! why waste it !!!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    We have a stop buff blueprint which can be applied to the rarity provision house.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    i've said it i'll say it again not stope the buff return the buff with the remaining time in it they are 2 deffrent things !!!!!! with that we can use buffs at the best of it's poteniel !!

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    So you could stop a buff with 3 hours left on the clock and use the 3 hours when it suits you best ?
    And then what, have single buffs in, an already filled, starmenu ?
    Sorry, no, a bad idea
    You have baskets for 6 hours, if put on by yourself, 9 by others
    Platters, half an hour/ 45 min
    sandwiches 2/3 hours
    feasts 24/36
    and not even going to name all the rest of the buffs
    The stop buff is a really really good one, i see no need for a left over buff

Edit one of the times for you
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 15.01.15 at 14:21.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Seriously, that would mean every "stopped buff" would require an additional attribute, i.e. remaining runtime - effectively turning 25 Irma Baskets (4 Byte = 2b Item ID, 2b Quantity) into a memory mess (25x8 byte = 2b item ID, 2b Quantity [though always 1], 4b Timestamp == 200b).
    I don't even want to know what it means for the current servers if people would actively use this feature, it might create roughly 50x as much server load when accessing your star menu and it's not like "low server load" is the biggest problem the game currently has to resolve.

I'm not totally against your idea in principle, yet because of the implications I simply can't support it.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    With further thought this would only be thin edge of the wedge. If we got this then we would have players asking for same for adventures or premiums. The results of which are almost too ugly to contemplate such as being stuck on a ls until support releases you from it.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    I agree that it's impractical - not only the programming/server issues/star menu management of it all but there's no way I would want to try to keep track of all that!Between the ability to use different length of time buffs, being able to ask friends so that you can double those time frames if you'd like, and the new (and great) stop-buff I don't see any need for buffs to maintain a 'memory'. Would confuse the servers and the players alike.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove

Edit one of the times for you
    thx MOD_Daz

Reply to Thread