Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Feedback - New Special offers

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle

Feedback - New Special offers

thanks BB for introducing yet more items which nobody cares for.

- The problem with the 3x PvP buffs is: PvP is considered too broken for many people to actually care about.
    You're not going to make much money off that as long as you don't fix the underlying system.

- Weapon Boost: Nice idea, but totally impractical.
    First, a question: Why was Weapon Boost limited to not work with Bows, Longbows, Crossbows and Cannons? Are these not "weapons"?

Unfortunately, aside from this, you have managed to successfully waste your time because the utility of this item is in no form or fashion correlated to its utility.
    While I know that server economies are different, let me give you an illustration from Northisle:
    1 gem has a trade value of roughly 20 Damascene Swords, or 1000 Bronze Swords.
    In 1 hour, the buff would produce a bit less than additional 30 Damascene swords over unbuffed, or 300 Bronze swords if used on a level 5 smith.
    The buff, if applied by a friend, would last for 72 hours, roughly 80 if using Premium.
    In those 80 hours, the buff would produce a total ROI of the buff is 2400 Damascene Swords or 24000 Bronze Swords.
    In Bronze Swords, the buff has a value of approximately 24 gems.
    In Damascene Swords, the buff has a value of approximately 120 gems.

At a cost of 24 gems, the buff players who only have Bronze Smiths would already be indifferent on whether to use the buff or not.
    At a cost of 120 gems, players with a lv5 Damascene Smith (a fringe minority!) would already be indifferent on whether to use it or not.

At a cost of 20 gems, the buff would be highly desirable to anyone who has at least one lv5 smith, at a cost of 100 gems, only players with Damascene Smiths would find it even remotely desirable.
    In any case, even at 100 gems, only hardcore gembuyers (who are typically not the same people as those who have spare resources en masse) would buy the buff.

If you want people to actually buy the buff, you should have created the buff at a cost of 50 gems.

Unfortunately, even there is a fly in the ointment: Those 50 gems are, again, on Northisle, sufficient to trade for a Rainbow Snow, which lasts 96 hours, so has a 20% higher ROI for the player.

If you want to earn money on the buff, which I would assume is your intention as a company, you should have created the buff at a cost of no more than 40 gems, because 42 gems is already the point where players would be indifferent between Rainbow Snow and this item.

Please, Bluebyte, do some calculations before attaching unrealistic price tags to items.
    I truly wish you success with special offers, but you won't really have it until you bring sales price to a level where people would actually consider buying those special offers!

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    BB should hire someone from Aldi or Lidl to run the Merchant, they know how to set prices and sell loads of product.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    95 Gems for 750 Pine Wood and 750 Hard Wood should be a hit ........ Unbelievable !
    Must be the same feeling when you steal candy from kids :-/

World
    Sandycove
    Blue Byte
    `Special' Basic ore package, 500 iron ore for 95 gems?
    Settlers Consumer Advice Bureau:
    You can get 7500 iron ore with enhanced iron pickaxe for 450 gems ( 3x the amount per gem ) or buy iron diviner at 750 iron ore for 45 gems ( 50% more for half the price ! )
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Bluebyte should learn the term "microtransaction", then people would actually BUY gems in first place and then spend them.
    Out of curiosity: Why instant building upgrades cost that much?? e.g. cannonforge lvl5 - 43k+- gems (which is more then profit of two gempits ). I wonder who might be that stupid to need this building upgraded rightaway and spend a fortune instead waiting 10 days. Shouldnt the purpose of buying the gems be to get advantage over other players -> with this feature definitely failed

Start making smart decisions!!!!!
    suggestion (for which I would definitely buy and spend gems): Instant travel into adventure = 1-4 gems (5+ Don't bother) considering adventures work fine
    Last edited by JiriTomiczek; 15.01.15 at 18:57.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JiriTomiczek View Post
    Bluebyte should learn the term "microtransaction", then people would actually BUY gems in first place and then spend them.
    Out of curiosity: Why instant building upgrades cost that much?? e.g. cannonforge lvl5 - 43k+- gems (which is more then profit of two gempits ). I wonder who might be that stupid to need this building upgraded rightaway and spend a fortune instead waiting 10 days. Shouldnt the purpose of buying the gems be to get advantage over other players -> with this feature definitely failed

Start making smart decisions!!!!!
    suggestion (for which I would definitely buy and spend gems): Instant travel into adventure = 1-4 gems (5+ Don't bother) considering adventures work fine
    +1

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane247 View Post
    95 Gems for 750 Pine Wood and 750 Hard Wood should be a hit ........ Unbelievable !
    well, if you buy the same amount from resources tab it costs 697.5 gems. 86.37% discount sounds pretty good to me..
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Also as regards buffs ,BB are introducing the rock/mountain clearance buffs on the test server,which on there cost 550 gems for shotfirer;and 990 gems for demolition crew. Which in itself wouldn't be too bad, but that's for one buff,and you are limited to how many one can buy ,but if you bought all the buffs allowed it will(as it stands on the test server) cost you 18920 gems(if my maths is right),which is lot of gems .Again not certain how BB come up with costings but too expensive I think.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JiriTomiczek View Post
    Out of curiosity: Why instant building upgrades cost that much?? e.g. cannonforge lvl5 - 43k+- gems (which is more then profit of two gempits ).
    It is so you don't click it accidentally, since no one has that many gems anyhow. (Surely? At least not for a longer time. I imagine people who buy that many it's to spend them on a specific item right away...?) But yes, if BB lowered the prices, they might end up selling more gems than before.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by FishSmell View Post
    It is so you don't click it accidentally, since no one has that many gems anyhow. (Surely? At least not for a longer time. I imagine people who buy that many it's to spend them on a specific item right away...?) But yes, if BB lowered the prices, they might end up selling more gems than before.
    In that case why bother implementing that option into the game, if you dont want people to use it. - which is wrong

From what I obsereved for past +-3 years of playing TSO, bluebyte's targeted group are "rich" players (or rich parents/parents who have PIN at the back of their card - considering it's PEGI-7 and kids play this game ) - cause lets be honest, there is not much to buy, if you dont spend a lot of money.
    Therefore if BB lowered the cost of gem items, more people would buy gems and other's might buy more often.

Reply to Thread