Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-think the loots from Co-op adventures

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Its not just the co-op adventures that need adjusting, but the less popular ones and since the loot update ones that used to be popular and are no longer.
    To me it appears obvious that troops lost and time needed represent difficulty and should be rewarded as such. Then there are the co-op adventures which require good co-ordination from all the participants and should be more rewarding than adventures a single player can complete.
    The lootspot issue could have been fixed long ago too, by giving loot to anyone invited without needing to kill a bandit, or require certain camps to be beaten by other players similar to the co-op design.
    Since the introduction of premium time, lootspots are being sold at a higher price than the value of the loot for a player without premium. It would be great for the game if the devs were somehow able to fix these issues, instead we see a game that new players will find even harder than players did 2-3 years ago.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove

Cooperative adventures

These adventures - notably Tomb Raiders - used to be great. They got people working together, particularly in active guilds. Then the loot changes in November killed all that.

It seems the drop rate from adventure searches has gone up significantly, while the number of players doing them has dropped. I have accumulated so many I trade them away for a fish.

I would suggest a better way to encourage more people to play co-ops would be to make the loot more attractive rather than ramming the adventure maps down our throats through higher drop rates.
    HOTFIX!

World
    Sandycove
    +1

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    hear, hear

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Suggested that as well ages ago, including making less desirable adventures somewhat better. I got shot down hard here by the players rofl

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhylian View Post
    Suggested that as well ages ago, including making less desirable adventures somewhat better. I got shot down hard here by the players rofl
    It is going to be hard to agree on what ads are less desirable, as we have different oppinions on that.

I only played since december but I must say that some adv seem to pile up in my star.

the co-ops are among them, and that is not because I dont do them or dont like to do them. I can see that sometimes I get tired just to look at 18 of the same adv, and that alone makes me not want to do them, so yes - spamming us with them does not make us want to do them.

One adv I have done one time - and I am selling them in TO for a fish or a few map frag, and that is Wild Mary. It is not a bad adv really, but you just lose way too many troops compared to the loot, so yes it might help making the loot better in some advs.

And for the co-ops - why do they not show up in the guild quest ? - I am sure then more would do them.

World
    Sandycove
    Agreed that if the co-op's had better loot, they would get played more. Also agreed that if they were in guild quests that would also be an encouragement - and if some guild coins were thrown in for the players that participated, I think you would see them played even more.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Cooperative adventures
    These adventures - notably Tomb Raiders - used to be great. They got people working together, particularly in active guilds. Then the loot changes in November killed all that.
    +1 - multiplayer and co-op adventures should give better loots and should be the only ones that feature in guild quests. They encourage player co-operation and help the overall game experience for those in guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    Agreed that if the co-op's had better loot, they would get played more. Also agreed that if they were in guild quests that would also be an encouragement - and if some guild coins were thrown in for the players that participated, I think you would see them played even more.
    +1

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    As far as I'm concerned they are a failed experiment and should be removed from the game when they were done it wasn't because they were anymore enjoyable than any other adventure it was because the loot was very profitable for the effort involved on 1 or 2 of them, once the loot changes took place they were dropped like a hot brick.

Though it can't be proved by myself the droprate for these adventures from searches seems to have increased recently and it is rather annoying to realise that 9 mf is actually more valuable than getting one of them.

As for putting them in guild quests maybe that would work for 56+ member guilds but not for smaller ones.

A change that might make them more appealing over other adventures is remove the 15/30 min travel times to the adventure and reduce it to 2 minutes.

World
    Sandycove
    good idea on the travel time reduction - that would at least nigh on guarantee any player involved doesnt forget to rejoin after sending troops, or even forget totally its running, as has been the case in the past.

Id love for BB to action that idea

Reply to Thread