Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-think the loots from Co-op adventures

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove

Re-think the loots from Co-op adventures

Recent changes to the loot drops have TOTALLY KILLED the co-op adventures.
    It's no longer worth doing any of them to be rewarded worthless loot.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    totally agree, they should have good loot to encourage people to work together and complete them.

World
    Newfoundland
    I agree too, co-ops are no longer worth doing as the loot is not deemed enough to cover the cost of doing them. Co-ops got off to a rocky start when they were first introduced, but people eventually warmed to them and many enjoyed playing them, but now it is very hard to find players willing to do them. The idea of co-op adventures is a nice one, players working together on a single adv, but without good loot, they will just become like other certain adv's that fill up star menu, and can't even be sold for 5 coins. I used to love doing tombraiders, but don't do any now.

World
    Sandycove
    +1 there used to be a healthy interest in Tomb Raiders in particular until they nerfed it

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    +1 there used to be a healthy interest in Tomb Raiders in particular until they nerfed it
    same.

The problem of Coops is that we constantly run a risk of one of the 4 players causing major delay thanks to Real Life, and 3 other suffer.
    In regular adventures, 1 player (who has as much time as they desire) will complete most parts, then invite others for a total of 15 minutes, sometimes less ("Instakills"), so players are much less likely to impair the gaming experience of others.

Coops used to compensate this risk with interesting loot, but that is now a thing of the past.
    Higher risk + more frustation = less reward, doesn't compute in my book.

World
    Newfoundland
    I have done usually more than 5 TR's per day, there was a community which has done co ops (in this case especially TR) and we enjoyed playing. Now its hard even to find players for coops and tbh I dont really have big interest getting low granite or even flowers, I rather do RB and lose almost the same amount of troops as I did at TR and therefor have a 3x chance for 1,5k granite and WT if I swap the spots.
    I have done like 4 TR's since the loot was changed and only because I felt sorry for ppl I knew and saw them they cant find a player.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    lets be realistic none of the normal adventures (not tailor) are worth running cept RB.
    Last edited by Narcil; 18.01.15 at 00:57.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcil View Post
    lets be realistic none of the normal adventures (not tailor) are worth running cept RB.
    That's your personal opinion I find plenty of normal adventures profitable especially since bread,brew and bronze swords are almost being given away since the changes.

Although I never really bothered with Co-ops even before the changes took place I can agree they have almost died since the changes, they should have something to mark them apart from normal adventures or no-one is going to bother. Pretty easy solution might be a chance to get a noble deed.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    same.

The problem of Coops is that we constantly run a risk of one of the 4 players causing major delay thanks to Real Life, and 3 other suffer.
    In regular adventures, 1 player (who has as much time as they desire) will complete most parts, then invite others for a total of 15 minutes, sometimes less ("Instakills"), so players are much less likely to impair the gaming experience of others.

Coops used to compensate this risk with interesting loot, but that is now a thing of the past.
    Higher risk + more frustation = less reward, doesn't compute in my book.
    +1
    Co-ops really helped to build the sense of community within the guild so I think are more important to the game than other adventures.
    I like the idea of things like Nobles, granite and WT in the loot.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    That's your personal opinion I find plenty of normal adventures profitable especially since bread,brew and bronze swords are almost being given away since the changes.

Although I never really bothered with Co-ops even before the changes took place I can agree they have almost died since the changes, they should have something to mark them apart from normal adventures or no-one is going to bother. Pretty easy solution might be a chance to get a noble deed.
    might be proifitable but your time would be better spent doing RB or a tailor.

Reply to Thread