Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scrap notPVP and fix the bugs introduced in proper adventures when it was released

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle

Scrap notPVP and fix the bugs introduced in proper adventures when it was released

Still having generals moving out of sync. It's a bit ridiculous for these huge bugs to still be in the game. Ditch the colony stuff it's rubbish anyway and make the adventures actually work again. Which includes invites and accepting not taking 3 minutes. Sending and invite and accepting being able to send a general there should take under 10 seconds

World
    Sandycove
    +1
    I doubt it will happen though. It seems PV? was some ones (important in TSO offices ) baby and they are determined not to scrap it. All the `bug fixes' on test seem to be concerned with the colonies at present and not about regular game, nothing about addy fixes, nothing about further ( and proper ) rebalancing, nothing about fixing quild quests/broken quests due to merchant changes.....I guess its just more of the same...half baked ideas...released half finished...half repaired...and then lose interest and pile another half baked idea on top...along with a half price gem sale....
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hopefully you will both be pleased to hear that Ravel posted an update 30 minutes before the original post in this thread in which she explains that a patch is being deployed next week to address 17 Fixes & Improvements. The main one that I assume will be of interest being - 'Technical issues on Adventure zones (i.e. jumping generals) were fixed'

It also mentions 2 new features one of which is;
    'UI improvements for the Provision House and Barracks
    Queue multiple stacks (up to 200 stacks with 25 units / items) at once'

I am happy to moan about BB when they suck but I have to say a big thank you to Ravel for sharing the news with us. It would appear that BB are still working on non PVP related fixes and continuing to develop the non PVP aspects. Personally I think the way PVP has been implemented sucks big time but at least its optional.

A little bit of me also thinks shame on you both for not clicking and reviewing the 'New Posts' button before moaning about BB not doing something that they had posted an update about 30 minutes earlier.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Even if the fixes and improvements make the game stable again, the PVP costs are not worth any of the rewards. Its the costs that need to be looked at and changed for the players to invest so much time and resources for it to be worthwhile.

World
    Sandycove
    A little bit of me also thinks shame on you both for not clicking and reviewing the 'New Posts' button before moaning about BB not doing something that they had posted an update about 30 minutes earlier.
    Actually fishslice, as you can see I came to game a little late last night, and tend to read posts ( subjects) from top to bottom, this one caught my attention before getting to `news feedback' . I did read it subsequently and thought about editing my post...but then I saw when this was to be implemented.....remembered that historically `bug fixes' rarely go to plan, especially coinciding with adding new content. Even the description of `jumping generals' does not ring true to the problems of server not logging correct battles and troop configurations, so after a little thought I let the post stand. They are not testing properly on test server in any constructive manner I can comprehend to give me any further confidence in the proposed fixes, as for the new ui in barracks, I of course welcome it...if it works, and does not create even more server lag. ( Being able to build troops on mass is all well and good, but its a little pointless if we can't use them on adventures that work, are fun to do, and are worth the rewards/costs )
    I'm hoping its just post Christmas blues on my part, and genuinely hope the game gets back its sparkle or my little green light will go out like so many have done recently on my server
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree Larili, lets hope its just post Christmas Blues.

Lets hope the technical issues are not just about the jumping generals or laggy behaviour but do put right a number of problems that different people experience. Fingers and toes crossed for next week

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    They don't get credit for taking 2 or 3 years to do a small simple update that everyone has been begging for and fixing a bug that shouldn't have even made it to the live server anyway. Not had any teleporting generals since the update but it's still taking minutes for adventure invites to work properly which still sucks. And buffing is still laggy as hell. So notpvp needs to be binned and performance fixed so the game actually works, then they can bring it back not buggy and laggy and I can ignore it without having the rest of the game affected

Edit...aaaaaaaand there they go teleporting out of order. My vet somehow made it to the camp he was attacking second before the general who was in front of him and left first. So bug fix is a dud, what a surprise
    Last edited by Hazgod; 20.01.15 at 22:51. Reason: BB waste of space updates

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Talk sense Hazgod - the technical fix is due next week.......

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Ah, I reasonably assumed because it was just before maint it was the stuff being fixed that maint. Still not giving them credit for taking 2 years to do a simple update and fix a game breaking bug that they let live

World
    Sandycove
    *Coughs

BB_Ravel wrote( 26/01/15)
    UPDATE:

The deployment announced for this date has been postponed for now.
    The title of the thread will be changed to reflect this as soon as we have a new date and another update will be posted in here and on the original thread.

I'd uncross those fingers and toes fishslice you'll cut off your circulation and they'll drop off

Reply to Thread