Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: a normale residence that doesn't need a licence deed

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    @Sharpielein: Uhm Invasion of the Nords is 1495 gems not roughly 2000 (still not worth it with a mere 5% droprate for a frozen though) and Nobles are 95 not 65.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SyKO_ View Post
    cheap (in gem) residences and camps in the merchant to help new and low players to use licence deeds on a more imporatant building ( production )
    They already have those... they are called Noble deeds. Log in every day for a week (even if only for a minute) and you can afford one and still have gems left over... you don't get much cheaper than that! Anything costing less gems would, from a business perspective, likely not be worth the investment of development time.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Firstly I have to ask how many population should the buildings your asking for hold? Second I have to ask what sort of population limit do you think a level 30ish player should have? Thirdly I have to ask how many built residences and how many built nobles you have?

Unless you have brought extra licences even if your population buildings are all brought buildings then you don't have enough licences to be able to build the minimum number of buildings of all the different types the quests ask for. I'm afraid the introduction of the science buildings made that impossible.

Any new building would have to only be able to hold a small amount of population, no more than 20. It has to be that low to make it unattractive to high level traders. The problem is with a pop limit that low you have to ask would it be a long term investment or would it prove to be a waste of gems which you would have rather used to obtain something more useful like a NPC.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    ^^ Dorotheus am lvl 32 i have pop limit of 1270 and i've builded pretty much evry needed building but the coinage chain i tyhink it's a bit a waste of time maybe later and still have the 9th sector not cleared yet with that count i have more than 10 licence deeds left and you can say a good production to some one in my lvl and produce enaugh things most of the time if needed i'd buy !! and if the buildings i've sugested are gifteable and tradeable so they arn't of any waste when no longer needed can be sold or traded for usefull resources !!

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SyKO_ View Post
    yeah i know about them but my suggestions are for the merchant so that evry one can have some ^^ but not too expensive please in gem coins !!!
    So, what's your specific suggestion?
    These are your upper limits:
    No more than 65 gems total cost (because that's what Nobles cost)
    No more than 1.25 gem per pop limit increase (because that's what Nobles cost)

1 Noble ~ 40 Cent real-life (unless purchased with special offers, in that case: 20 Cent)

So, de facto, we're discussing a fictional item which earns BB no more than 20 cent per sale, since it's supposed to be a viable alternative to Nobles, we're discussing a range of no more than 5 Cent per item since otherwise, people would evade to Nobles.

1 Developer-Hour = 60€.
    The fictional building becomes a neutral ROI at 1200 pieces sold per developer hour invested, and that includes pricing, shop placement, graphic elements, code and patch notes (oh yeah, and test, if they do that sort of thing). If the BB team discusses the proposal, estimates, puts on their backlog etc, it's most likely a positive business case somewhere around 50k sold - and that's also assuming that nobody uses "free gems" to buy these things.

If only half of the suggested item are purchsed with "free gems", it's probably a business case somewhere around 100k sold, and I'm really unsure how many new players there are who will invest real money into items both cheaper and inferior to Nobles, knowing it's not a long-term investment.
    Last edited by Sharpielein; 25.01.15 at 09:25.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Mr sharp what you've said counts too for most of the buildings in merchant without forgetting that we can get them in TO so the really question is'nt what the BB will win but it's why they've puted buildings with that most of players can wait and have them with free gems or collect enaugh to buy them in the TO ?

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    No more than 65 gems total cost (because that's what Nobles cost)
    Hate to mess up all your calculations... but Nobles cost 95 gems.

It doesn't really matter though, because your post basically boils down to this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    ....I'm really unsure how many new players there are who will invest real money into items both cheaper and inferior to Nobles, knowing it's not a long-term investment.
    And that's pretty much what I was getting at with my previous post. For the sheer number of units that would actually have to be sold for gems people paid for, this is almost certainly not a worthwhile investment of developer time. The only way it could possibly be viable would be by skipping much of the development time by producing a Residence deed that works uses the existing graphics and mechanics for the basic Residence and would probably need to be priced around the 40 gem mark.

Like Sharpielein says, though, this is not a long term investment and there is only likely to be a finite amount sold for gems, much of which would almost certainly be bought by newer players with their weekly gem bonus and would likely then be passed onto other newer players via trade when they, almost inevitably, decided to upgrade to nobles... or better.

From a business perspective, it's a crapshoot as to whether it would make them money or not, and so it's unlikely to happen.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Silly suggestion, never going to happen, next

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    well steven am sur my suggestion is selly to old players (like you)!!! you must know all what we need why don't suggest things non selly ^^

World
    Newfoundland
    I think many would buy them if they could be "upgraded" into noble residence deeds for the price of as many gems as the original gem price difference + 5 at max. They could have the same graphics as the normal residence you can build in the game. (I still have one of those at level 50 because it looks interesting, even if it uses a licence.)

Additionally, there could be buildings capable of holding 10-25 pop with the footprint of a flowerbed. Those would be popular with level 50s too who have their islands too full to build anything else, I think.

Reply to Thread