Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade Office Improvements

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Trade Office Improvements

Hello Folks,

I thought there might be a few things which could improve the players commercial experiences by adding to the Trade Office

1) Ability to list Adventure Loot Spots.

At the moment these are being traded through the trade channel, which is fine, but I think adding this functionality to the TO would be a great improvement.

2) Show Trade History for specific materials.

I'm sure that BB's servers record all activity on the Trade Office. If they aren't doing this, you may want to add logging all trades. Assuming trades are being logged, would it be possible to alter the TO front end so a player could query Marble Trades and get the last 10/20 buys and sells? I think this is a far better method than the current "PC Marble" cry on the Trade Channel. Often Trade Channel is helpful and you get corroboration. But sometimes no-one is about or you get wildly differing opinions. Past, actual sales are a much better guide to future prices.

3) Ability to list multiple trades at one time.

I don't do this, but I know there are players who like using the TO a lot. I will do a buy/sell maybe once every couple of days but some people do serious business on the TO. If they want to list ten times 10,000 Pinewood rather than one offer of 100,000. Of course this will not be a free service. It is up to BB how they want to price this to prevent abuse of the TO. But I think it would be a popular and useful addition.

I'm sure there are other ideas on improving the trade experience of The Settlers Online so do feel free to post any comments on my ideas or your own pet projects.

Best Regards

Apu

World
    Newfoundland
    1) BB don’t really allow players to sell LS, they do not ban it as they know we want to, but because it is impossible to police they sort of cast a blind eye, hence why you have to sell for a fish and if something goes wrong you are on your own. I doubt they will ever change their view on this matter.

2) The market changes all the time depending on time, day and what is going on e.g events quests etc. The largest factor is what else is in the trader. You have you last x number of listings to see, if not make a note of what you have sold for what
    The whole reason FWB devised a trade sheet was to help with this, it just hasnt been maintained as well since they pasted it over..sorry guys no offence.
    A lot of the time players ask a price to get a generally censors of what the current public are expecting to pay, most sellers have a decent idea of the current price but want to know what public would pay at this very moment.

While this seems like a cool idea, think of all the extra data, scripts and general mucking about it would necessitate, yes it would be cool but this game is full to the brim with bugs and Lag, it doesn’t need anything that will induce that anymore

3) No this is not a good idea, players with a lot of materials will just over run the T.O. BB's whole idea to a limited amount of trades is so that there is some degree of Balance within the game.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Ok I've not logged in since I went to bed last night but I was pretty sure we had 3 on your list already. least ways I've made plenty of multiple sales of marble in the past and am very certain there was a pay gems option to increase the number of multiples.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    You can trade up to 4 lots of the same offer for free by sliding the control in the center of the final confirm screen. More lots can be bought for gems.
    It's a feature I use a lot.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    More lots can be bought for gems. It's a feature I use a lot.
    You use gems on trade office offers? Seriously?

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

World
    Sandycove
    I wasn't saying that you can trade gems if that's what you meant.

When you set up a deal, you can offer multiple lots of the same deal - effectively repeating the offer more than once. You can do up to 4 of those for free.
    If you spend gems, you can sell more lots.

So if you want to make the same offer several times, that's the way to do it. 4 lots seems plenty to me, I've never bought more.
    Great before going to bed if you want to get several offers on the market.
    Attached Images
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Yes, I know what you meant, I was just amazed that you were suggesting you'd actually spent gems on that feature... which you haven't! good!

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Thanks all for the feedback. I wasn't aware of the multi-sale option. Eventually I can see myself getitng to a point where I'm offering large quantities of bulk goods like water etc. So good to know that works already

Apu

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Main improvement in Trade office should a limitation time of updating trades for those who are cheaters.
    E.g. Someone puts a trade of 1000 damascene swords asking for 1500 granite. If someone else put 1000 damascene swords asking for 1100 granite, then the first one can put 1000 damascene swords asking for 1099 granite. DON'T ALLOW him to do it before 24 hours passed.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by tasgog View Post
    Main improvement in Trade office should a limitation time of updating trades for those who are cheaters.
    E.g. Someone puts a trade of 1000 damascene swords asking for 1500 granite. If someone else put 1000 damascene swords asking for 1100 granite, then the first one can put 1000 damascene swords asking for 1099 granite. DON'T ALLOW him to do it before 24 hours passed.
    That's not cheating. it's just the 1st player reacting to market pressure.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread