Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Show Buff Time Remaining on Friends Island

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland

Show Buff Time Remaining on Friends Island

Many of us swap buffs with friends at regular intervals. With the multitude of buffs now available it can be confusing how much time is left remaining on a friends buff - especially if they aren't online to ask.

I propose that a little tooltip appears when hovering over a friends building (say with a 1 or 2 second delay) that shows how much time is left before the buff expires.

I would find this useful and if you would as well then please endorse this post by replying with +1.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    +1 but only if done with the actual time remaining not the time remaining when you first arrived. I point this out as you have a static image of building upgrades and not a dynamic one, most typically seen when buffing a friends copper mines which still show upgrade when in fact upgrade has finished.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    I would find this useful and if you would as well then please endorse this post by replying with +1.
    +1

World
    Sandycove
    Good idea - I wonder if if can be done though. I notice that if a building levels up or a buff stops after I join my friend's island, it does show me - like it takes a snapshot of the information when I land and doesn't change it. So there might be more to it then just showing the time. If the buff runs out while I'm on the island, I have to return and then go back before I can buff their building.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    After seeing what BB did with generals in adventures, I cringe at the mere thought of what they will implement:

Line 1- [Building name]
    Line 2 - [Used buff]
    Line 3 - [Remaining time]

All slapped straight across the building and you can't click on text, so you must exactly place your mouse on a pixel not occupied by text.

BB doesn't understand jack about usability, so I'd rather not get this until they hire an experienced UX guy.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Unlikely to happen - this would be very weighty in terms of server load (especially loading all the information necessary for an island each time you visited). Its why most unnecessary functionality is disabled when you visit a friends island.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    After seeing what BB did with generals in adventures, I cringe at the mere thought of what they will implement:

Line 1- [Building name]
    Line 2 - [Used buff]
    Line 3 - [Remaining time]

All slapped straight across the building and you can't click on text, so you must exactly place your mouse on a pixel not occupied by text.

BB doesn't understand jack about usability, so I'd rather not get this until they hire an experienced UX guy.
    That would be fine, good even, as long as it only shows when you hover over and doesn't block clicks like the horrible generals update

World
    Newfoundland
    +1
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    Good idea - I wonder if if can be done though. I notice that if a building levels up or a buff stops after I join my friend's island, it does show me - like it takes a snapshot of the information when I land and doesn't change it. So there might be more to it then just showing the time. If the buff runs out while I'm on the island, I have to return and then go back before I can buff their building.
    That "snapshot" do get the information of how long time til a buff runs out - no need to leave the island.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Better make it possible to click a friend's building to see buff time remaining instead of making a change to show using "mouse over tooltip".
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Reply to Thread