Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Now that jumping generals are fixed...

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    For blocks I used my regular generals. Checked that more than once. I used Evil_J's guide (link given in post #7) for placement and block setup, but instead of major general I used veterans. I believe using vets instead of MG should not be a problem, because the simulator showed that number of rounds to win is identical in both cases.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dialecticus View Post
    So, I'm in Roaring Bull now, and attacked central zone, also known as WT1 in Evil_J's guide, only using VET 144R 1S 105E instead of Evil_J's major gen. Simulator says that both Evil_J's major and my veteran (actually setup from PrincessAlly's guide) complete the fight in 2 rounds. So there should be no problem...
    Unfortunately that is not the case, because you are using Elites instead of Cannons.

Killing the troops is only part of the battle and while that part lasts the same number of rounds for both troop configurations, it takes Elites a lot longer to destroy a Witch Tower than it does Cannons (because they have a specific bonus in this regard).

So, whilst both Evil J's Major + Cannons set up and your Veteran + Elites set up take the same length of time to kill the troops, the entire length of the fight is much longer for the Veteran when you take into account the camp destruction time. A quick check in a combat simulator tells me that the difference is 40-60 seconds.

Run these sims and check the 'Battleduration' column for yourself:

144R 1S 105E 1V vs. 70N 100Lr 30Cat 1UB

126R 1E 143Can 1MG vs. 70N 100Lr 30Cat 1UB
    Last edited by Madorosu; 24.04.15 at 11:42.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Right, this explains the first attack. I should have used 143R 1E 106Can 1V vs. 70N 100Lr 30Cat 1UB. So I guess, if I stayed on the island for the whole attack I would see progress bar on blocked camp appearing and progressing faster than on leader, and finishing first.

This also explains the fail with my second attack. With block 132C 65E 1G vs. 70Cu 80Fi 50Sh I should have used 54R 91B 62CB 13Can 1MMA vs. 80Cu 120Fi, instead of what I was using.

Thanks for the explanation.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Actually, maybe even these "improved" setups could fail. Didn't properly count in the time between blocker reaching its destination camp, and main general reaching the leader.

Reply to Thread