Reply to Thread

Thread: Server Restart

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove

Server Restart

From the front page:

Dear Settlers,
    Our servers need to be restarted during the night of Thursday, the 5th of February. You might experience small glitches when trying to change or reload the island during that time.
    Start: Thursday, 01:00 (GMT)
    End: Thursday 02:00 (GMT)
    Game: Will be available,
    Changing the zone might lead to a forced reload
    Well I got glitches alright... 'hammer man' pop-up (connection lost) flashing on and off for a few seconds at a time repeatedly as I was in the middle of an adventure. Tried to return home to see if switching zone might help, got stuck in an endless loop of 'loading' pop-up alternating with 'hammer man' pop-up. Tried refreshing and then locked out the game (connection failed) with premium time going to waste.

Could we have someone announce stuff like this IN GAME please with some reasonable amount of warning?

Anyone else, like myself, who logged in before the news was posted will likely have had NO IDEA this was going to happen.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    yeah the "small glitches" were anything but. It was a total loss of the game and we were given no pop-up warning as we do with maintenance. Nor did it seem that there was much said in chat by MODs who usually do a very good job of making people aware of approaching down time - I guess it caught them by surprise too.

Disappointing - especially after an update which seemed to fix lots of stuff without breaking anything
    HOTFIX!

Reply to Thread