Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: PH/Barracks idea - 'Do This Next'

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    OP's suggestion is simple, useful and should be easy to implement.

+1

Although in all fairness, changing production amounts from 25 units to a bigger number seems even more simple and easy to implement, and has been craved by players for years. But this does not seem like reason enough for BB to do something about it.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    +1 and +1 for Hazgod. Just today I had to make 50+ clicks to make 1300 army. Nice

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove

Added button for Provision house or barracks

Put simply a jump to top or bottom of the queue button. need i say any more! :-)

World
    Sandycove
    +1
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Jump to top is must have . When you kill some valuable troops, you don't want to push it up one by one through queue.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    I suggested this almost a year ago... +1

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle

Suggestion about the barracks

Hi, since the implementation of new barracks (which is awesome!) there is one thing I find hard to do and if change is not much complcated I think it would be great.
    If you have set troops to be made and then changed your mind or made an error in count, you need to delete troops or you maybe want to move certain group of troops to be done before the ones you originally queued.
    With existing system it is rather hard to do it. Before, you could cancel more bundles than 1 at the time and page would not restart from the top once you did it. This thing is really annoying, imagine if I want to move (f.e.) 100 recruits to be made before 2000 bows I already put making. I either have to press x, 1 by 1 with waiting time in between or I need to move them up which is even more complicated. Page resets on top and you need to scroll down, move by 1 then wait, then again scroll down find it then again wait....I would say it is almost impossible to do.

That leaves me with deleting as an only option. And with large quantities of troops, I just think 1 by 1 with waiting time is really user unfriendly and why reset on top?

Thanks and please share your thoughts.

Regards
    Last edited by CrazyBat; 01.03.15 at 19:13. Reason: typos

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland

Move to top and move to bottom needed in the barracks and provision house queue

The new system where you can do multiple stacks and then reorganise the production queue is really nice but the system where to move batches in the queue really isn't designed for more than four or five items such as the building queue.

A common scenario when you want to rearrange the army production is when you realise that you miss a specific type of troops for the next attack. So you put say 100 bowmen on training. Problem is that they are now behind 300 Recruits and moving those 4 batches up through a queue of 12 takes ages. Specially when you are moved back to the top every single time. When you have a very long queue with say 1000 units, you don't really want to cancel them all only to add them again.

A simple solution would be to add two more arrows, make them double arrows or an arrow with a line on the tip or something, that move the batch to the top or to the bottom. That would save a lot of trouble and make the barracks much more useful.

World
    Sandycove
    I agree the move up down facility is flawed. It just takes too long. Not sure of the best solution but happy to hear others as well

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    I agree the move up down facility is flawed. It just takes too long. Not sure of the best solution but happy to hear others as well
    I think the best solution would be a drag and drop solution where you could just select one batch and move it around with the mouse but I really doubt the developers can implement that in the game. I suggested a simple top and bottom solution because that should be very easy to implement. It's a very basic change to the existing code unless they have a really REALLY messed up code base. It should be trivial for a competent programmer to implement which mean it should be doable even for BB. I also feel that it covers the most obvious case when you need to reorganise the queue, that's the extreme case.

Reply to Thread