Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Easter 2015

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Zotamedu View Post
    TL;DR: The devs and programmers are utterly useless at their jobs.
    While I myself typically like to go devbashing here on the forums, I wouldn't say they are "utterly useless".
    There is really only 1 flaw in the Bluebyte system: the huge disconnect between what developers are doing and what the community wants them to be doing.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    While I myself typically like to go devbashing here on the forums, I wouldn't say they are "utterly useless".
    There is really only 1 flaw in the Bluebyte system: the huge disconnect between what developers are doing and what the community wants them to be doing.
    Actually no. Considering the amount of silly bugs and the handling of those bugs, it's safe to say that the programmers are in fact useless.

Remember the explorer event? All they needed to do was to add a modifier to search times which basically is multiplying the fix search time with 0.8. They utterly broke the game by doing that. It took them days to send out a fix that did not in fact fix the problem. What did they do then? They deployed the event on even more servers ignoring reports that the event was broken. Guess what, now more servers got to enjoy the broken event. It took them a total of two weeks to sort it out. Instead of just reverting the update like any sane person would do in the case of such a bad bug, they went on and kept it live. The current barracks event also suffers from problems. So they cannot reliably multiply a variable with a constant. So both devs and programmers have proven beyond reasonable doubt to be utterly useless. There are problems on so many levels.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Worst event preview ever, the 2 generals are not worth anything,lousy, its not worth spending time on. Please keep the MMA and ordinary veteran General. It has been the most important player event, because it was possible to get a veteran general for new players.
    The watermills and floating residences are OK
    I do how ever like the new egg graphics, they are easy to find.
    The iron chain upgrade are also ok, but there are other chains that could be upgraded instead of iron. like copper or water.
    The egg box are also not worth spending gems on. There are no residents buildings or other special buildings.
    The quest chain are fine.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Wonder if they will add last years collectibles to make spotty eggs .....I guess it would have been best if they did not implement the new strippy eggs until the following year...saying that new content keeps the game fresh....as someone pointed out earlier ...you can please some people sometimes but not all...all the time happy settling :-)

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Some of the old items can be obtained with the old Easter eggs OR Stripy eggs. :-)

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Zotamedu View Post
    Remember the explorer event? (...) Instead of just reverting the update like any sane person would do in the case of such a bad bug, they went on and kept it live.
    I would guess these kind of things are decisions of a product manager and developers have little to no say in them.
    While yes, devs both caused the bug and failed to remove it - the choice to roll out this bug and probably even the choice that they couldn't singlehandedly apply an 0.8 multiplier in the config but had to do this "global buff" sillyness was most likely a PM decision, a decision of someone who would either not care or not care to know what the consequence of these "global buffs" are on the game.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    I would guess these kind of things are decisions of a product manager and developers have little to no say in them.
    While yes, devs both caused the bug and failed to remove it - the choice to roll out this bug and probably even the choice that they couldn't singlehandedly apply an 0.8 multiplier in the config but had to do this "global buff" sillyness was most likely a PM decision, a decision of someone who would either not care or not care to know what the consequence of these "global buffs" are on the game.
    I have many times stated that they are all useless. The only people who are doing a good job are the community managers and support staff. Above that, it's all utter incompetence all the way to the top. The coders can't code, the developers can't develop, the designers can't design, the managers can't manage and so on. It's incompetence on top of incompetence.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Think this is not thread to discuss are programmers good or bad. They are doing anyway valuable job. Would be nice if players could give feedback on this Easter 2015 event and at least try to affect on fact that this event won´t be fair to all players. Fair it would be if spotted eggs are no longer valid at all and event would go with new eggs only. OR MMA, VET and explo would be available with both egg types. Those player, who has already got their Vet and MMa + explos without gemms should be not able to get more of them.

Reality: old player, has 2 or 3 MMa + 2-4 Vet + all other fast gens, and still can buy more at merchant, new player can only have 1 MMa, + 2xVet, and all you are able to buy with gemms only. Same with special explorers.
    So do I feel this little bit unfair? Yes. I am getting the feeling that new players are not wanted on this world.

Funny to see, how these feedbacks are mainly ignored, especially if feedback giver didn´t start playing on beta phase or when game was launched on live. And we new blayers should be the ones, who buys gemms, old players won´t perhaps do it, because they have all stuff already.. so there is egg and chicken situation...

Only hope there is left for this event is new general. If it is going to work as it should with 1000HP and defender skill (attacks weakest first). Then it could be usefull, when attacking against first strike units. But and if, only if it will work correctly. Then general would take first hit from enemy and so far save max 25 recruits at first round. But can general die before his troops?
    Last edited by Zeta123; 17.02.15 at 12:36.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    The idea with the stripey eggs seems to be to get people actually involved in the event more. More quests, more to do, more ways to get eggs, there seems a lot of content, so all lvls can achieve something.
    The things you speak of may or may not happen and are not direct outcome of the event resource change. The primary reason is obviously the hope to sell more gems. Since everyone starts at 0 on day 1 that primary goal will more than likely be achieved.
    Other side of the coin is that on the last day everyone will have to get rid of the excess eggs and that will make prices plummet. So the price of event resource will change very rapidly in a relatively short time which is very bad for planning and stability and makes it easier to take advantage of players. I was glad when grout was introduced since even out of event prices would be reasonably stable. Now that is out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    And the hoarders will have to participate too, rather than buy everything on day one, and complain of boredom the rest of the event
    Xmas 2014 was the first time I could do that. Only took me 2+ years of playing with average active login time of 4-5 hours a day. I played as hard as I always have never complaining about boredom although the event itself was average.

In response to (negative) comments on very active/hardcore/hoarder players:

1. Nothing will change for us. We can buy everything on the first day or later either for gems or resources. Average/casual player is likely where the change will be and I dont see it being for the better.
    2. Making game design decisions based on such a small minority is silly.

I have never hoarded event resources to sell for profit. There is plenty of players that need help..
    If the resource is changed for every event from now on I will have no reason at all to login when there is no event active. Not sure it is the desired result by BB but thank you.
    Last edited by topgearfan; 17.02.15 at 13:56.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    loads of bad comments as normal. i for one say WD on upping iron to lv6, cos its silly price to get in trade, so hopefully it will come down, and also ty for given us the chance to pass on last years eggs.. IMO all events should be pesific to there year only, give us more to try for instead of playing last years items..
    Thank you BB once again

Reply to Thread