Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Easter 2015

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    It never ceases to amaze me how much people constantly complain about this game (lag and bugs are worthy topics - but this stuff?!?)

Hoarding resources from previous events is an investment. You expect that the investment will pay dividends, but like all investments it carries risk. In this case, that risk is tiny because you still have the opportunity to recoup that investment with last years shop. Yet you still complain (I think "whinge" is a more appropriate word).

It's a game. The market surrounding one asset (resource) class in this game is evolving. So what? Grow up, suck it up and evolve with the change! Sheesh!!!

I'm going to take a guess that most people that have any significant event stores are lvl 50 anyway, so it's not like it's going to be particularly hard for you to get everything you want from the event anyway - you'll just have to work that little bit harder at the event to do it. My heart is bleeding for you!

Don't mind the haters BB - some of us still love ye!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    If we have buff adventures, please clear our star menus etc from useless items that are stocking up at the end of the adv!

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Not happy that old event resources can not be used

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    generally like the idea of the new event, resources and such all changing.
    But please remember that the PVP is voluntary. so don't include it in your quest strings for easter. otherwise for those of us normal folks who didn't volunteer,
    you will completely ruin our chances of fun equaling gain

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Don't mind this, as long as there are decent unlimited items and it's easy to get plenty of the new eggs with a reasonable amount of play time. Would have liked to get a 2nd MMA and more lucky explorers and hopefully we can get those with the new eggs

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    love the doe bunny, buck not as much lol

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MildyMac View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me how much people constantly complain about this game (lag and bugs are worthy topics - but this stuff?!?)

Hoarding resources from previous events is an investment. You expect that the investment will pay dividends, but like all investments it carries risk. In this case, that risk is tiny because you still have the opportunity to recoup that investment with last years shop. Yet you still complain (I think "whinge" is a more appropriate word).

It's a game. The market surrounding one asset (resource) class in this game is evolving. So what? Grow up, suck it up and evolve with the change! Sheesh!!!

I'm going to take a guess that most people that have any significant event stores are lvl 50 anyway, so it's not like it's going to be particularly hard for you to get everything you want from the event anyway - you'll just have to work that little bit harder at the event to do it. My heart is bleeding for you!

Don't mind the haters BB - some of us still love ye!
    You missed a major point in your argument there. If you have a bunch of old eggs left from last year, that's most likely because you bought everything last year and was hoping to get a head start this year. They have introduced more and more stuff each year so the cost has increased. But now you can't unload those old eggs because the old shop does not refresh. It's the same. So the investment is now worthless.

We have all the right in the world to complain because this is yet another bad and clumsy solution to a problem the devs themselves introduced by being bad at game design. They created the event resource inflation themselves by not making the eggs scarce enough and by not setting up smart enough sinks for people to spend their eggs on. They needed to set some consumables up that were actually worth the cost. The grout is a little too little, a little too late. Seriously, they wanted people to spend lots of eggs on chocolate bunnies? Then they were stupid enough to make the lucky explorers drop those in abundance making a bunch of the buffs irrelevant as well? The devs really don't have a clue on how to handle power creep and inflation in a game. So now they nuke the old currency and screw over the players in the process. Not a good move.

There are options that are better but I guess that's asking too much of a dev team that can't even implement basic multiplication of a variable without breaking the game for weeks. I wish I was exaggerating on that one but sadly it's true.

BTW, changing the rules retrospectively is always a shitty thing to do in a game and it's a good sign that the devs have no idea what they are doing. They should have told us last year that this is the last time for eggs to be used. Or they should have used this year to get rid of the old eggs and introduced the new ones with new mechanics next year.

I will stop criticizing the devs when they stop being useless.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I don't have a single iron building so lvl6 is of no use to me, how about lvl6 copper? Epecially the endless mines? They cost enough so I'd like to see them go to lvl6, but the new res looks good as long as it's not huge

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I am happy with the level 6 iron smelter, this will help not only that chain but also the cannon and steel.

As for old eggs. I was surprised when they did not change them each year and so never took it for granted. Indeed why should we take things for granted its a game and it should keep evolving.

If we choose to spend the time and real money that is our personal choice and the risk we take. It does not give us the right to demand things to suit us personally. It would be a boring game and I for one would not be still here.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Wow .... so what a lot of these people complaining about losing their hoard appearantly don't seem to get is the following. You can trade the eggs away to newer players that didn't have access to the old store as well! So that mans you won't need to spend as much of the new eggs on getting the new stores items or none at all. So your investment still has value, just in a different way. Fact remains though that you shouldn't expect things to stay the same. You did, gambled and it didn't work out like you expected.

Reply to Thread