Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Easter 2015

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I would like to know why BB decided to change the eggs, is it because of the hoarding and they want to prevent that ?
    If so, those are lucky ( and rewarded ) for doing that, while, those who have helped others to get an mma/vet and didn't hoard, can simply look at the shop and wonder if they should stop helping people in the future.
    A warning should have been given, or the option to gain some old eggs still. Not like this. It will make people selfish.
    Helping guild members acquire a vet or any other item is a huge part of event fun in my guild, i am very disappointed that's gone.

World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Inya,

I believe half the problem with the old spotted egg system is the rich long term players end up dictating the values on to effectively pricing the newer younger players out of it year after year.

This new system seems a lot more friendly towards the newer player, From what I have seen on test so far no one should have any trouble collecting stripy eggs therefore to price's will be a lot lower than they are currently.

Cant say Im over the moon with the new shop, But I play for content over reward any day.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    You're wrong

colonies were described as optional in the sense that nobody would be attacking your home island.
    Don't worry - your island remains safe! PvP will NOT affect your home island. It's an optional feature

World
    Sandycove
    how about, to keep everybody happy, the scouts find a mixture of both yellow and blue eggs just for this year only? I think thats a fair compromise and will drive the trade office prices down enough for most to afford?

World
    Sandycove
    As it stands with the change new players who don't have last years eggs will find it impossible (or very costly given trade prices for old eggs) to buy the MMA and other things from last year. As suggested by Jolly if the scouts find a mixture of both yellow and blue eggs just for this year only, us players who weren't here last easter stand a chance

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi Brayarg ,
    I do agree with you there, i've seen the trades and i have no doubt they will throw their spotted eggs on the market for insanely high prices as soon as the event starts.

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    how about, to keep everybody happy, the scouts find a mixture of both yellow and blue eggs just for this year only? I think thats a fair compromise and will drive the trade office prices down enough for most to afford?
    a lot players including me, don't need old eggs.

only solutions is keep old eggs (pumpkins, presents) for this year(2015) events
    next year (2016) will be new eggs (pumpkins, presents) and for every next event (2017,2018....) will be new eggs (pumpkins, presents)

without any mix with 2 shop and 2 event resources at same time
    BB don't understand their own game

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post
    a lot players including me, don't need old eggs.

only solutions is keep old eggs (pumpkins, presents) for this year(2015) events
    next year (2016) will be new eggs (pumpkins, presents) and for every next event (2017,2018....) will be new eggs (pumpkins, presents)

without any mix with 2 shop and 2 event resources at same time
    this still wont work as the old eggs will be sold at prices so high as to keep newer players out of the market

World
    Newfoundland

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    There was never any guarantee that the MMA would be offered this year at all. Or any of the same prizes. The event shops frequently change. If they had changed the shop to the new one but kept the spotty eggs, would people be howling so much? New players can still collect the stripy eggs and get prizes. As always. We never normally get the opportunity to get previous prizes from the various events. So there will always be players who have items that others do not. This is not new. I have a gold tower from a xmas event, should all new players now be able to get the same? I am quite happy that the old spotty egg prizes are being offered this year too, I think it is very generous, it means I can indeed get the MMA which I missed out on last year. And no I did not have a single spotty egg saved from last event.
    Hi Kit! You're great on help chat but I cannot agree with you here!

The biggest complaint is the total disparity in rewards between the two events. However MMA's or Vet's or the like are never guaranteed but people are howling because last year's shop is realistically only accessible to older players. The game is offering something to you that it cannot offer to new players. Rewards should be offered to all players. You missed out on certain items, so? That happens to players every event. BB is giving you a second crack at the whip when new players haven't even had a chance! If people were hoarding (and that's perfectly fine btw) eggs for this event, BB could have offered a system where their eggs could be traded into new ones. This current method just smacks of being lazy.

Please don't excuse this for simple jealousy! It's great some people are getting the opportunity but excluding new players is fundamentally wrong! I started last May, so I have been fortunate to bag a few eggs on TO to get what i need. But I have friends and guildies who have no chance!

That's my take on it! Happy debating

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    There was never any guarantee that the MMA would be offered this year at all. Or any of the same prizes. The event shops frequently change. If they had changed the shop to the new one but kept the spotty eggs, would people be howling so much? New players can still collect the stripy eggs and get prizes. As always. We never normally get the opportunity to get previous prizes from the various events. So there will always be players who have items that others do not. This is not new. I have a gold tower from a xmas event, should all new players now be able to get the same? I am quite happy that the old spotty egg prizes are being offered this year too, I think it is very generous, it means I can indeed get the MMA which I missed out on last year. And no I did not have a single spotty egg saved from last event.
    You're right, BB has never guaranteed it would even offer any Easter event. Event shops do change, and that's totally fair and acceptable for everyone. They have to change. Otherwise this would be very dull game.

Gold tower is not a good example. I can get it for bean stalks - you got it from xmas event. I can still get it so there is nothing unfair in this situation. You have been just bit luckier for playing longer than me.

But would you be happy if BB would like to offer a Veteran for 2000 stripy eggs but only for players who have been playing less than a year? Of course not because you would have a disadvantage only for playing longer than someone else. And that is not fair.

Reply to Thread