Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Easter 2015

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by TipTap74 View Post
    Yep, Ozzy, I remember that comment very well.
    Is this game environment to start look like insurance policies, where you need to look out for the very small letters on the back of the contract? Because if it is, I have enough of that in "real life" to get annoyed with.
    I might have some sympathy if the same disclaimer was not highlighted near the top of every sneak peek article for the past two years. I'd hardly describe that as 'hidden small print' as you are trying to assert. You say you "remember (it) very well", you chose to ignore it and you ended up getting burned.... caveat emptor.

And before you try the "easy for you to say" line... I just found out that the 6000 pumpkins and 6000 presents I have stashed will be no good at Halloween and Christmas this year and that I have to wait, in suspense, to see if I'll actually be able to do anything useful with them over the summer. Am I crying about it? No... because things change in this game. In fact, there is a significant chunk of players that complain about the game getting "stale" because things don't change fast enough for their liking.

BB put forward a proposal for the Easter Event that was clearly labeled as such. Their ideas received a largely universal negative response and they adjusted their plans in light of that... and now players are complaining about BB actually listening to feedback? That just beggars belief!

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    thank you. thank you. thank you.
    you dont care about what people paid for the event items.

what about my 12k eggs, 13k pumpkins, 10k presents what i bought for events?

what about my 5 frozen manors? over 10 deerstalkers what i sold to help others get MMA?

at the end i know. for you is good when players is poor, becouse the player want to have richer map and you have chance get money for gems.

another thing is that maybe you killed some veteran players which will be upset and leave, becouse you did kill them without warning with knife from back.

anyway. thanks for nice games, but this move was destructive for many players (not for me, but removed). BIG BIG THANK YOU

Please do not swear on the forums
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 28.02.15 at 05:41.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by AmigaX1000 View Post
    Look at this guy... obviously he's bragging and his hands struck number 0123 on keyboard.

Now if he is not bragging, the only reason to make such reserve on event resources is to rip off new guys next year when event starts... quite a charming guy this one.

I for one love it that each year will have resources for that particular event only so that top tier players can aid lower tiers in obtaining good stuff.
    Imagine how many new players guild m8s he'd make happy with the amount of resource mentioned above.

what about my 5 frozen manors? over 10 deerstalkers what i sold to help others get MMA?
    Being generous here, and in the same breath crying how you lost assets. Dude didnt you just say it was already ment for others? So why should you care about it. You are a "generous guy" you were giving it away nyway.
    Last edited by Aiusha; 27.02.15 at 11:16.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    the event items were the only reason why i was logging here. i am playing this game on another TSO server where i finished island too. for me doesnt matter what happend too much, i just talk about it. its just one more reason why start play this game from beginning on third server and dont care what have happend earlier.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    I might have some sympathy if the same disclaimer was not highlighted near the top of every sneak peek article for the past two years. I'd hardly describe that as 'hidden small print' as you are trying to assert. You say you "remember (it) very well", you chose to ignore it and you ended up getting burned.... caveat emptor.
    Ozzy, you are right and I rest my cause, "my mistake, my pay" - I did learn the lesson, though, that I can assure you.
    And cause I also an "old latin" lover, my motto will be "Bestia bestiam novit"

World
    Newfoundland
    I for one am very pleased with the new changes. Thank you for listening to the feedback BB

With regards to the complaints about people now feeling shorthanded over buying the old eggs, this was a sneak peak only and there was no guarantee that the test iteration would be the same as the live one. I bought nearly 3k of these eggs and spent all my resources but its tough luck and I can accept that because this setup is fairer.

I don't buy into the fact either that some people believe BB never listen either. Between this feedback and that of the battle system, we struck up a decent compromise. Release your inner cynic Congrats to all!

Hope you have a Happy Easter

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Three MMAs or two?? (the rest, whatever)

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    To those who complain about changes from first sneak peek to final version - you must be those who never complain about bugs, and why they were not found on testserver. To test an event there has to be a setup - and that also gives players the opportunity to comment on that setup. If that gives negative response then BB has a chance to change setup. A lot of negative comments started on feedback could have led to beeing a little cautious and expect a change.
    I hoped for a 'nothing changed event' - but had made up my mind to continue without a MMA or buy him for gems, if I could not get one in event, so I could have accepted the new shop - but being mobbed with the old shop was not acceptable. And to those who complain that BB did not announce change in eggs in advance - why do they not complain over BB announcing the 'old shop' in advance.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    thank you. thank you. thank you.
    you dont care about what people paid for the event items.

at the end i know. for you is good when players is poor, becouse the player want to have richer map and you have chance get money for gems.

another thing is that maybe you killed some veteran players which will be upset and leave, becouse you did kill them without warning with knife from back.

anyway. thanks for nice games, but this move was destructive for many players (not for me, but 5h17 ). BIG BIG THANK YOU
    I don't think this is bragging, in our guild some of the higher levels have been buying eggs to give to our low level members so they could buy an MMA or a Vet.

I personaly think the idea of new event resources every year is a good thing, but maybe they should have given us a lot more notice about the changes, they knew what they were going to do so they should have had all the information ready and posted so folks knew exactly what was going to happen. As always lack of information has caused some people to feel cheated
    Last edited by unicornlinzy1; 27.02.15 at 16:30.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by unicornlinzy1 View Post

As always lack of information has caused some people to feel cheated
    What lack of information ?! As mentioned a lot before, it was a sneak peek, NOT final.

Lack of information what a sneak peek is ?
    Sneak peek is a brief information about one of the upcoming game versions and may not reflect the final status of the content. Once the game version is finalised, a corresponding Dev Diary will be published.
    lack of reading maybe

Reply to Thread