Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Easter 2015

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Bb in troduced the very good (possibly too good) MA, but for people like myself who missed the event last year and so do not have an MMA it is going to be impossible to get yet BB are not dropping in any more spotted eggs even for gems - which frankly is ridiculous.

World
    Newfoundland
    I will not comment on the change in event resources. I have passed on your feedback on the matter (both good and bad) and I can see both sides.

I would like to remind everyone that is upset about not being notified in advance, that you did learn about this change in a Sneak Peek (posted 1 month and 5 days before the event is supposed to go live). I am aware that finding out about this earlier would have been better, but it would have been impossible to inform you of this during last year's event as I am pretty sure this was not decided at that time.

Regarding the choice of buildings to be upgraded to level 6, this decision was not made lightly. Game Design analysed the demand in resources (based on TO, etc) and decided this upgrade would benefit players the most. Your comments in this regard have also been passed on.

Thank you again for your feedback!

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Game Design analysed the demand in resources (based on TO, etc) and decided this upgrade would benefit players the most.
    Does game Design look at what's going on with spotted eggs on TO atm ? 50 eggs for almost 14k goldcoins

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    So, Game Design looked at TO, scratched themselves on their heads when they saw iron went up a lot.
    Let's go back in time a bit, the Dev Diary that has been altered, the one with the new battle system.That didn't end up on some dusty shelves did it ? No, it's still there, but needs players to slowly re organize their islands in order to be prepared for what's coming. Iron has to go down to make the game worth playing for new players to come, with iron this high that won't be possible, i can see that. Logically iron has to be upgraded to 6 to make that possible !!
    Sure, that is a lot more important than some silly eggs that would benefit those new players to gain a good general that will help them to enjoy the game more.
    They can buy gems at a happy hour...

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post

Regarding the choice of buildings to be upgraded to level 6, this decision was not made lightly. Game Design analysed the demand in resources (based on TO, etc) and decided this upgrade would benefit players the most. Your comments in this regard have also been passed on.

How can the TO reflect that older players need space ? The obvious choice was Bronze Economy, both Tools and Bronze Swords, being able to compact this chain of buildings would of free'd up lots of space to plant more Iron related buildings if they were wanted and would of given the option to fit more coking plants if desired. Second to that would of probably been Watermills and possibly Butcher/Hunter/Deerstalker after that.

Couple of other questions that sort of bug me, what justified the stealth increases in the old egg part of the Merchant I thought it was just a straight mirror of the 2014 event shop, isn't it hard enough for newer players to get the eggs without adding 300 or so to the price of a MMA ? Secondly isn't 50 grout a little on the high side when upgrading an Iron mine to 6 considering it can still fall down ?
    Last edited by Bluesavanah; 17.02.15 at 18:43.

World
    Newfoundland
    all changes looks nice just one thing with the old eggs bug me. My brother started to play not so long ago saw the chance that i can help him get that MMA but then i saw eggs price in TO and got surprised of it price i think now MMA worth spending gems more then buying it at event no chance to buy him that general. There should be some other way i think. Like changing new ones to old ones and old ones to new ones with very bad rate but at least with chance to get what is more needed.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Suggestion for next event: make a poll to let the total player community decide on the level-6 upgrades, just like the guild store.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ViliusV View Post
    all changes looks nice just one thing with the old eggs bug me. My brother started to play not so long ago saw the chance that i can help him get that MMA but then i saw eggs price in TO and got surprised of it price i think now MMA worth spending gems more then buying it at event no chance to buy him that general. There should be some other way i think. Like changing new ones to old ones and old ones to new ones with very bad rate but at least with chance to get what is more needed.
    I second this - I'm fine with pretty much everything else in this event (including the buildings to be upgraded to lvl6). Either make the MMA purchaseable with new or old eggs, and/or make an unlimited shop item or provision feature to convert new eggs into old (1:1, heck even 2:1 would be better than nothing).

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    I will not comment on the change in event resources. I have passed on your feedback on the matter (both good and bad) and I can see both sides.

I would like to remind everyone that is upset about not being notified in advance, that you did learn about this change in a Sneak Peek (posted 1 month and 5 days before the event is supposed to go live). I am aware that finding out about this earlier would have been better, but it would have been impossible to inform you of this during last year's event as I am pretty sure this was not decided at that time.

You are completely missing the point. Telling is that old eggs are being removed one month, one week or six months in advance makes no difference. You either needed to tell us last year OR you needed to move the change to next year. So don't try to pull that card because it's BS.

Do you understand why your statement has no basis in reality?

Now tell the devs to postpone this change to next year. Add a regular Easter event now and let this be the last year to get the regular eggs. Then you can change to the new eggs next year. That's the correct way to do this kind of changes. That way you don't screw over all your players.

World
    Newfoundland

BB_Ravel,

Why go to the trouble of creating a new event resource? Surely, it was easier to state that this was the last time these eggs would be used in an event, no? I appreciate that you are adding new content but I can't understand the logic behind this, unless i put my cynical cap on!

I'm not complaining on the change in event resources. However, I am complaining that the two shop's are on offer. The 2014 shop just serves as gem baiting for new players that have no realistic chance of obtaining an MMA/Vet with dotted eggs. The chance to buy these special generals has always been available, but by you highlighting the disparity between the two shop's, you must know what the majority of players are going to want and more importantly, be tempted to cash in on.

I feel if these were not offered in the first place, you wouldn't see as much negative feedback. I understand you have to make money but this is such a sneaky tactic. Bravo! I am sure you will catch plenty of fish!

Thank you again for always considering our feedback!

P.S. When Game Design were busy analysing iron resources, did they stop and think of the demand in dotted eggs as a consequence of this?

Reply to Thread