Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Shotfirer (a.k.a. Mountain Buff)

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Don't care about the cost as I won't be buying it. But some people always will, so complaining about cost is pointless. If it's too expensive for your tastes, don't buy it. Simple...

But (and I haven't tested out the newer versions of this to see if it's been fixed) the problem with the whole system is you have no real idea when you use the buff what extra space you'll have afterwards. This needs to be made clearer - if you're going to invest gems in something, it should be clear what you're getting back in return.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    Don't care about the cost as I won't be buying it. But some people always will, so complaining about cost is pointless. If it's too expensive for your tastes, don't buy it. Simple...

But (and I haven't tested out the newer versions of this to see if it's been fixed) the problem with the whole system is you have no real idea when you use the buff what extra space you'll have afterwards. This needs to be made clearer - if you're going to invest gems in something, it should be clear what you're getting back in return.
    This is true, you need to be told how many extra spaces this could potentially give you, and WITHOUT those damned grass clumps all of a sudden spawning..
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 13.02.15 at 17:18. Reason: awful spelling on my part

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    I don't understand why people want more space. The challenge of the games is to optimize your economy within the constraints of the game, one of those constraints is the available space. Does this add to the fun of playing the game? No.

World
    Sandycove
    I guess it depends on your style of play. I do adventures every day, lots of them. For this I need a high pop count and (previously) high amounts of bakeries to make men. The grout has not yet allowed me to afford to upgrade everything so more space is a natural requirement

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    The combined cost of the buffs plus some/all the extra licenses makes this a silly proposition, hopefully everyone will ignore it and in good time it will be on some sort of promotional offer.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    only 20K gems i will buy um all after my next 100 gems spent on my last gem pit
    Thankyou BB

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    +1 I have no shortage of gems tbh but won't be using 18k to blow up a few rocks many of which when cleared leave unusable spaces anyway.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    The combined cost of the buffs plus some/all the extra licenses makes this a silly proposition, hopefully everyone will ignore it and in good time it will be on some sort of promotional offer.
    I think the extra licenses is a utter waste if you already spend a lot on gems. I have mainly event / gem buildings, a packed island and regularly have between 60 and 75 spare licenses - depending on the number of mines built.
    I would imagine most high spending (or previously highly spent) players will be in similar positions.

That being said I also think with the extra settlers dropping from adventures a high level of farm production is wasted these days unless you are in the habit of dropping lots of stuff on newer players.

I still like that the buffs are gen only though.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    and rightly so this should be a Gem item!

World
    Newfoundland
    I like what MarkG, and others have said about using said about gunpowder, at least for some of the mountains.

I don't like that you can not clear your island.

I would have shelled out the gems if there were enough buffs to clear all available mountains, but not for a selection, as it is still not enough and at this stage I would need a better incentive to keep playing.

Over all I don't think it is value for space, the areas that I cleared both times on each test server only free up a zone that was unproportionate and small, considering the space there was in somewhere like the very northern part of Sector 7.

And yeah fish i have around 47 ish....but even if i clear all the mountains there isn't enough for 47 new buildings.
    Last edited by BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA; 13.02.15 at 19:27.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Reply to Thread