Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Easter Event 2015 - distinctly underwhelming

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove

Easter Event 2015 - distinctly underwhelming

Here's the gen: http://www.settlersonlinewiki.eu/easter-event-2015/

And I am not even slightly excited by the prospect, I have to say.

For those of us like me who have none of the old eggs, there's very little worth going for. The Legendary Veteran is rubbish- troops "increased to 200"! I don't have a single general with less than that. The MMA and real Veteran are only available for old eggs. Same with the fast explorer.

I mean, if you don't want to make the event fun, why bother having it at all?

Please do not swear on the forums
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 20.02.15 at 00:52.

World
    Sandycove
    First comprehensive list I've seen - thanks for that.

I'm mixed on the event but now that I've seen the full list I'm mostly positive.
    I also don't have any old eggs to work with so I can only talk about the new things:

I'd love some watermills and floating residences (assuming any prior limits are not going to interfere, then I will feel differently). The adventures and the Easter residence look kinda fun. Most of the others (especially the buffs) are 'ok' but nothing to hop up-and-down about.

The Legendary Veteran is completely confusing. How can units be 'increased' to 200 when that's the minimum for all generals? I'm praying that's a misprint and it's going to be at least 220 (and as noted in many other posts, being a veteran it should be 250 - or else it should be renamed). Regardless, he will be a good LS general and if the troop limit was raised would be a great general.

Overall I think it will still be fun to play but I wouldn't mind seeing some other buildings instead of some of the buffs, and as noted in other posts there should be a way to convert old eggs to new eggs (and/or vice-versa) since the old ones are deprecated and the previous limits on generals have not been reset.

I'm not as negative as many others, but I think the Halloween and Christmas events might have benefited me more. I'll have to play it to be sure (unfortunately I'll be in a no-internet zone during most of the event, so I'm pretty much gonna miss out on the better stuff anyway) :-(
    Last edited by Xibor; 20.02.15 at 02:40.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    I am going to assume that things requiring dotted eggs can not be obtained again if you got them last year, which is not very fair on the players who got attended the event last year.

If you were not there (i.e. did not have an account) or were unable to get them then tough, the ship has sailed.

it annoys me that the reg players players who invest their time into this game always get the raw deal ?

Makes you question should we really both with events if they will do this each time.

And yes this years stuff isn't as good.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

World
    Newfoundland
    Asking those who actually play PVP: is that marshal good for anything? It seems there is a similar one in the merchant for coins already.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by FishSmell View Post
    Asking those who actually play PVP: is that marshal good for anything? It seems there is a similar one in the merchant for coins already.
    It looks same like the one from the merchant .The difference is that the event marshal returns to the home zone twice as fast(but that's not big plus if u ask me) ...so i think he is useless.
    Last edited by Bfreak; 20.02.15 at 11:09.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post

The Legendary Veteran is completely confusing. How can units be 'increased' to 200 when that's the minimum for all generals? I'm praying that's a misprint and it's going to be at least 220 (and as noted in many other posts, being a veteran it should be 250 - or else it should be renamed). Regardless, he will be a good LS general and if the troop limit was raised would be a great general.
    I guess The Legendary Veteran will be used in Pv"P", so the increase will be huge (double :P)

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Vydoonacc View Post
    I guess The Legendary Veteran will be used in Pv"P", so the increase will be huge (double :P)
    It's normal adv. general. There used to be vet pvp gen in beta (120 troops) but was removed due balance back then

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    2 skills of legendary veteran are important:
    Skills: Attacks weakest target first
    Skills: Greatly increased HP
    I think it will be the strongest general in this game...

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Elderien View Post
    2 skills of legendary veteran are important:
    Skills: Attacks weakest target first
    Skills: Greatly increased HP
    I think it will be the strongest general in this game...
    Wrong. Attack weakest means only the general and he does 2-5x less damage than normal BHG so its useless. Also big HP does not mean a thing when general gets always attacked the last. To sum it up, this general is the worst general in the game history with current stats and skills.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    As it stands now the event is going to be pretty much exciting. Trade office is already running at crazy prices for old eggs because of the MMA, Veteran and Explorer. I personally welcome the idea to bring the old event shop together with new one - more options to look at and eventually buy from.

I can't really say what the idea behind Legendary Vet is. As it stands now the use for it is barely none but knowing BB and their long-term plans to change the game we can expect soon for him to become crucial part of the adventures.
    Remember, remember the 25/11? You should have seen what happened on 17/03, 14/04 and 21/04 ...
    29/09 seems to be a major problem...

Reply to Thread