Reply to Thread

Thread: BB Please look again at the resources in loots

World
    Sandycove

BB Please look again at the resources in loots

You revised the adventure reward loots because you said they were not balanced. You took away the weapons and replaced them with general resources. We are now stuffed to the gills with so many settlers, logs, brew, meat and meat refills etc. that we cant move.

What you have failed to realise is that you have effectively removed the need for us to obtain silos/friaries/schools/deerstalkers. Why would we even consider purchasing gems to buy these items in the merchant when you have effectively flooded the market with their end-resource already?

Why not add titanium bars and gunpowder to the loot instead? These resources are more important for us who adventure to maintain a steady weapons production. Add some book fittings and advanced paper as well whilst youre at it...

Anyway, you get the picture; the saturation of low-end resources as it stands at the moment serves little purpose other than to clog up star menus and waste server space...

World
    Sandycove
    +1 well said Jolly!
    Please BB, give us more adventure friendly loot to make up for the loss of weapons especially in the harder adventures - I too am clogged up with unneeded low end resources.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    +1

I think that first BB have to change the Co-op adv loots ( if they want somebody to play them).

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    I was always, and continue to be, a big supporter of removing weapons from loot. For the same reasons, it's not a good idea to add titanium bars and gunpowder instead. That would remove the need for the relevant buildings, just as the weapons in loot removed the need for the weapon-making buildings.

But that is not to say that the current loot balance is even close to being right. It's not. It's an epic failure.

I can't believe anyone ever thought that spamming pinewood in loot would be a good idea. Get rid of it! People doing epic adventures DO NOT NEED IT. The loot would be improved just by removing the junk and not bothering to replace it with anything.

I still stand by what I said at the very beginning of all this. Balancing of loot AND balancing of the cost/speed or expert buildings needs to be an ongoing refining process, not a one-shot "this is the new system, deal with it".

So I think the entire thrust of this post - "look at it again and fix it" - is wrong. That will not work, just as the first attempts to fix it did not work either. Loot needs to be balanced and modified on an ongoing, monthly basis. There is no single fix or idea that would work.

But, yes, removing the pinewood logs would be a good first step...

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Reply to Thread