Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] New Test Server Features

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Still i can't understand why this game gives 50% on buffs off friend's island. Specially on premium. I don't like to buff my island. I don't like to buff friend's island as well. I use premium for my pleasure. Give more time of premium buff on my island

World
    Sandycove
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    The remaining buff time would be useful, with some of the caveats mentioned above.
    However, in practice I don't know how this is going to work (assuming it even gets tested which is unlikely).
    As we all know, visiting a friend's island is a 'snapshot'. If they are building a mine, the progress does not move from the time you 1st visit. The same with collectables, they remain showing even if collected in the meantime.
    Unless BB are going to massively increase the available bandwidth to allow real time information, which is doubtful considering its reduction in the past has caused major problems with adventures, then this new feature too is only going to be a snapshot from the time of ones 1st visit.

Yet again, very disappointed that none of the outstanding bugs are being addressed, nor the stupid mess of 25/11 being reversed, that's now over 3 months of paid-for premium time wasted.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by tasgog View Post
    Still i can't understand why this game gives 50% on buffs off friend's island. Specially on premium. I don't like to buff my island. I don't like to buff friend's island as well. I use premium for my pleasure. Give more time of premium buff on my island
    The devs are trying to make/keep this a social game where interaction with other players is rewarded.
    I suggest you ask them to develop a solitary version of TSO!

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    Does this mean my Island is going to become a screen full of writing because my Island is entirely buffed by my wife ?
    I imagine it would work like it does for countdowns now, and troop deployments on adventures, in that it would apprear only when scrolled over. I welcome the change (both of them, actually).

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless- View Post
    The devs are trying to make/keep this a social game where interaction with other players is rewarded.
    One could argue that lately the focus is on making players buy gems. If premium offered self buffing to be as effective as frend buffing I would buy premium. It would save minutes of tedious work sending buffs via clumsy trade system and make the game more enjoyable for both me and my frend.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Given this some more thought the buff timer is totally not wanted by me, I can't wait to hear the screams of ''I can't find collectibles any more''

I already find the rocks annoying when I'm mousing over island to find the collectibles, I don't want a wall of buff text as well.
    Last edited by Bluesavanah; 05.03.15 at 13:43.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    With the assumption the remaining time is going to be a mouse-over, I like both the features.
    +1 BB
    Based on the information I have right now, I can confirm that the remaining time is going to be shown on mouse-over.
    Also, it appears this will happen on your own island also, not just on a friend's island, based on this Change Log posted today on the test server forum.

We will know more once the version is on the test server.
    Last edited by BB_Ravel; 05.03.15 at 14:00.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    Given this some more thought the buff timer is totally not wanted by me, I can't wait to hear the screams of ''I can't find collectibles any more''

I already find the rocks annoying when I'm mousing over island to find the collectibles, I don't want a wall of buff text as well.
    Refering to BB_Ravel's post above, there will be times that knowing the remaining buff time on the home island would be handy. I somewhat agree with you however that adding this will cause even more tool-tip events like the removable rocks has, and that is somewhat annoying when using mouse-over to find collectables.
    But I have to look at the larger picture and remember that 1) Collectables are supposed to be somewhat hard to find - that's part of the "fun" and 2) Using the mouse-over to find them is a techinque some people use - it's not a feature put in by design to help you. It's a side-effect actually.
    I agree those little buggers hiding behind trees are pretty much impossible to see with eyes alone, but the majority of the collectables are. So I see more benefit than loss overall. I would like it to be an option though (which will be posted responding to BB_Ravel)
    Last edited by Xibor; 05.03.15 at 19:37.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    Based on the information I have right now, I can confirm that the remaining time is going to be shown on mouse-over.
    Also, it appears this will happen on your own island also, not just on a friend's island, based on this Change Log posted today on the test server forum.

We will know more once the version is on the test server.
    Thanks for your response, I'll be interested to see how it works in practice. In the game there are a very limited number of configuration options (sound on/off, etc.) - it would be interesting if there would be additional options for game play such as "mouse-over events on/off" - I may open a thread for such suggestions.

Cheers

Reply to Thread