Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Scenarios & Daily Quest update

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle

Regarding the Daily Quest update

I have been thinking long and hard about this move since I first saw the proposal introduced to the Test Server and I must confess I am still struggling to understand the reasons behind it.

Putting whether or not you agree with it to one side, the removal of weapons from loot has the obvious goal of making high end weapon buildings relevant because players were able to forsake those if they adventured or bought loot spots to any reasonable degree. However, I fail to see how removing the small amount that Daily Quests give out is taking away anything more than a drop in the ocean to established players, whilst removing a potentially important boost to 'up and comers'.

So, the only remaining explanation I can see would be as part of the ongoing (so-called) "Balance Changes" that have been forthcoming lately. In which case, I really only have one question:

Where is the balance in removing weapons from Daily Quest rewards whilst leaving the expenditure of weapons and high end goods in both Daily and Guild Quests?

It seems to me that the only 'balances' being changed are ones that harm the player and nothing is being done to address the other side of the equation, particularly those players that are being asked to sacrifice goods they are not high enough level to produce themselves as well as those struggling to complete guild quests that rely on adventures that riding a premium cost in the Trade Office because they are no longer available from the Merchant (Dark Priests), are soon to be no longer available (Island of the Pirates) or are only available for gems (Nords).

For myself, in practical terms, the only thing this change to Daily Quests seems to achieve is a proverbial slap in the face after the swift kick to the guts that was the change to adventure loot. As a player who has been riding premium for quite some time now after purchasing a 360 day token with bought gems, this is yet another devaluing of that investment, as the extra Daily Quest premium grants is now, obviously, going to be worth less than it was before.

In conclusion, I would like the Devs to show us that 'balance changes' are not synonymous with screwing the players over. Please stop tinkering with things that do not need 'fixed' and devote your time and energy to addressing something useful to us, such as the obvious imbalances in the Guild Quests, which are in dire need of an overhaul that players have been crying out for... for a long time!

P.S.
    This link...
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    You can find the Dev Diary here!
    ..seems to be broken:
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 07.03.15 at 10:39.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Recent changes to loot and now the daily quests all seem to be in a downward spiral, makes me wonder how long before they start coming after the weekly log in bonus of 100 gems ?

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    Recent changes to loot and now the daily quests all seem to be in a downward spiral, makes me wonder how long before they start coming after the weekly log in bonus of 100 gems ?
    Not until after they've removed that precious 4 xbow reward...

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich81045 View Post
    The question was about Guild QUESTS not guild SHOP. No wonder we have problems when BB cannot even read plain English!
    Oh, my mistake but still I'm not BB. Thanks for insulting me :P
    Last edited by MCLueppers; 07.03.15 at 17:32.
    Remember, remember the 25/11? You should have seen what happened on 17/03, 14/04 and 21/04 ...
    29/09 seems to be a major problem...

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    It is my belief that BB wants to kill this game... they're going the right direction...

Scenarios is nothing but an attempt to diminish adventure searches, no comment on the nerfing of DQ and nothing done about GQ... I also don't wan't to say anything about the fiasco that is called: Easter Nerfvent

World
    Newfoundland
    according to the Ares/Zeus homepage, changes are now on 10th March and not 17th march

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
    according to the Ares/Zeus homepage, changes are now on 10th March and not 17th march
    They might deploy the changes at different times on different servers. They deployed the first explorer event on the French servers a week before we got it. They even ignored all the bug reports streaming in from the French servers telling them that the event was broken and they still went ahead and deployed it on all the other servers. The German servers has also gotten special events in the past.

Or it's just the regular lack of communication that is the trademark of BB.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Has any of this been tested, or are we in for yet more bugs?
    And jollyfog hit the nail on the head, GQs should have been adjusted long before, and the imbalance that's been with them since day 1, spamming multiple adventures to one level yet the corresponding quest for another level is a doddle. If you cancel the multiples to assistone group, the other loses their easier quests, and vice versa.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    My brain hurts.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Ravel pls fix expedition bugs:
    1 expedition can not be finished if your on an invited adventure.
    2 Expedition Acvhivements boss catagory is always 0 pls fix it.
    I have a question about expeditions I bought 5th marshall but u limited nearly all expedition with 4 marshall so its waste of resourse pls change marshall limit for a logic limit.

Reply to Thread