Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Moving Buildings - the store house!

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    Mannerheim, wouldn't the same problem apply when adding a storehouse to an island?
    Yeah, building one has the same thing as destroying one, a build timer which allows the recalculation to be done over time and it's not done often. Their move code however is probably badly designed and works only instantly meaning a storehouse would require instant recalculation on two locations.

I don't remember how many times my island got locked for hours (server zone crashed) when I moved silos or farms long time ago. It was probably related to same bad code which was at least fixed for normal workyards.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Yeah, building one has the same thing as destroying one, a build timer which allows the recalculation to be done over time and it's not done often. Their move code however is probably badly designed and works only instantly meaning a storehouse would require instant recalculation on two locations.

I don't remember how many times my island got locked for hours (server zone crashed) when I moved silos or farms long time ago. It was probably related to same bad code which was at least fixed for normal workyards.
    Easy solution would be to display the deconstruction-construction animation during a move as well, and spread out the recalculation of routes to x minutes instead of the instant you click the mouse.

Shatt3rhand
    It would also be very useful if when moving or building a storehouse all of the buildings that would use it would show what the new travel time is in it's new location. Or as is currently- when building a new storehouse closer to a production building.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Is there any news on whether this feature will be added?
    I know this is an old thread, but designing the island was the main thing that drew me to this game.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    There are currently no plans to introduce this feature.

Reply to Thread