Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Do NOT buy a gempit

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    the description is fine its your understanding that's flawed..

common sense and now to put this politely having a brain tells you that each mine has 40k total gems but you will get 20k back the cost it took you to buy it in around 6 months
    That is not what it says. I dont know what your nationality is,- but maybe your German like the author. It might be you have an understanding of how a gem pit should work beforehand, but the information given should be enough to get to know by reading it - not by guessing what it means. Or they could leave it blank - then there was nothing to misunderstand
    It says it contains 40K and produce 20K. By containing I understand that this is how much there is in it from start, by producing - I understand that this is made extra (produce= make into existing).
    I dont think I am any more stupid or smart than the rest of the players. We are from all over the world. If the information is not 100% clear and correct English it is very hard for especially those of us, who are neither English nor German to understand it.

World
    Newfoundland
    The first line in the description "Contains 40,000 Gems" tells you what you are buying.

The second line in the description "Produces up to 20,000 gems over the course of six months" provides the time information of how long it will take to get your gems out of the gem pit. It does not imply that you will get extra 20,000 gems on top of the 40,000.

I have bought a couple of gem pits myself and can say they work exactly as i had expected them to.

The information is very clear - however, if you continue to feel that the information is not clear, please contact support.

Please bear in mind that they may be busy with XXL update at the moment so may take a while to respond to you.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

Cool

did not have to be either german or English to understood it contained 40k not more

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    That is not what it says. I dont know what your nationality is,- but maybe your German like the author. It might be you have an understanding of how a gem pit should work beforehand, but the information given should be enough to get to know by reading it - not by guessing what it means. Or they could leave it blank - then there was nothing to misunderstand
    It says it contains 40K and produce 20K. By containing I understand that this is how much there is in it from start, by producing - I understand that this is made extra (produce= make into existing).
    I dont think I am any more stupid or smart than the rest of the players. We are from all over the world. If the information is not 100% clear and correct English it is very hard for especially those of us, who are neither English nor German to understand it.
    I can't see anything wrong with it. It says it has 40k and produces up to 20k in 6 months. Production mechanics are known to player by the time they buy one and production consumes resources unless said otherwise.

So far only one having the issue is you if the OP post is covered by the FAQ.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    It sucks that he/she produced 0 gems while inactive, yet their premium time went poof.

If this is true, then Premium Time should fall into the same category as "production", imo, so that if a person goes inactive, especially if they have RL issues outside of their control, they can then return at a later date to pretty much a similar state as before.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    i do agree with the premium being extended but that would mean the same for adventures since they followthe same rule. the time when activated not sure if that is named in the premium as i cant login to check

World
    Newfoundland
    Premium is a Buff so continues if your active or not, Gem pit is a production building, so stops after 24/48hr whatever it is set at same as all other buildings

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorScientist View Post
    It sucks that he/she produced 0 gems while inactive, yet their premium time went poof.

If this is true, then Premium Time should fall into the same category as "production", imo, so that if a person goes inactive, especially if they have RL issues outside of their control, they can then return at a later date to pretty much a similar state as before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower-Powers View Post
    i do agree with the premium being extended but that would mean the same for adventures since they followthe same rule. the time when activated not sure if that is named in the premium as i cant login to check
    That's another issue.
    I think you can get Premium Time refunded if you contact Support and they can see you've not been active during those days.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
    Premium is a Buff so continues if your active or not, Gem pit is a production building, so stops after 24/48hr whatever it is set at same as all other buildings
    Unless something changed very recently, regular production buffs, like buildings, also pause after 24 hours + a few minutes of complete zone inactivity. This is easy to check these days with a longtime inactive friend and Aunt Irma's Feasts.

The exceptions to the standard 'inactive = pause' are, off the top of my head:

Colonies ~ They have short timers regardless and do not have time added to cover Maintenance.
    Adventures ~ Many last long enough to hit the 'inactivity' line but do not pause. They do have time added to cover Maint.
    Premium ~ May last long enough to hit the 'inactivity' line but does not pause. They do have time added to cover Maint.

Possibly Guild Quests ~ The Member List will show "inactive" after 24 hours but it may be 48 before members are actually dropped from the quest count. Every time I try to catch it specifically something goes hinky.

Confused yet?
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 29.09.15 at 16:40.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    Unless something changed very recently, regular production buffs, like buildings, also pause after 24 hours + a few minutes of complete zone inactivity. This is easy to check these days with a longtime inactive friend and Aunt Irma's Feasts.
    Indeed, I use this (along with other checks, like mailsending) to determine whether inactive players has been online and playing or not at all, since I put Sandman buffs on their Taverns.

Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    Confused yet?
    Nope, but maybe I'm not blonde enough..
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Reply to Thread