Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Do NOT buy a gempit

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Do NOT buy a gempit

Hello Folks,

I would like to warn everybody not to buy a gempit...
    When u buy a gempit it says:

Place carefully - this building will not be refunded when demolished!
    Place building:
    contains 40.000 gems
    produces up to 20.000 over the course of six months
    will not be refunded when demolished

As it turns out (and I did not know that! or I would have NEVER EVER bought a gempit, let alone a bunch ) this is only true if you login to your account EVERY DAY!!!!

Due to my health I was unable to login for a long period, I returned to not see my gems increased and I was really really dissapointed to say the least. So I contacted support, and guess what? THIS IS NORMAL

Email from support:
    [ Removed ]

So a gempit does not produce 40k a year, but an X amount per day and only if you login...I feel ripped off...to say the least...

So...better make sure you are reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally active and otherwhise never ever buy a gempit, or spend money on BB....I learned my lesson the hard way

Hello IcePackk,

As can be seen in the rules, your exchange with Support is considered private and you are forbidden to copy paste it in the public channels (like the forum)

Regards,
    Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 10.03.15 at 12:58.

World
    Sandycove
    You will need to edit your post Icepackk, before the mods do, your not allowed to post support replies in the forum .
    I've been playing quite some time, and up till last year there was still some uncertainty whether the island shut down after 24 or 48 hrs, so your not alone in feeling that BB do not put forward enough `basic' information about their own game from the outset. I'm sure many of the veteran players have got so use to it now, we take it as part of the game and pass on what we learn from other players and the community and rely on very little information of any use coming out from BB.
    Sorry you've been ill and unable to play and feel a little cheated by this game mechanic ( There are others who invested in long premium time only to have addy's loot nerfed part way through, and are also not getting the return from their `investment' that they had planned ). In the end all we can do is share it with the community, and hope others avoid making the same mistake, then hopefully the game designers will think about what they do before alienating players who actually invest in the game in the long term. Thank you for sharing
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Nothing surprising here, I don't think devs have basic strategy about the game yet alone the components of it so many things like this one happen casually and will probably go without any meaningful response.

World
    Newfoundland
    "up to 20.000" ranges from 1 to 20000 i think so clever use of words there.

Actually the gem pit takes more than 12 months to deplete due to travel time.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Trying to remember if i saw a tip of the day about inactive island. Have reached the state of total uncertainty on the matter.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Sorry about your illness and hope your better.

There probably should be a little more information about Islands going into a paused state.

Made me think a little if you bought a years premium does that go into pause mode after a couple of days of inactivity ? If it doesn't, why ?

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    Sorry about your illness and hope your better.

There probably should be a little more information about Islands going into a paused state.

Made me think a little if you bought a years premium does that go into pause mode after a couple of days of inactivity ? If it doesn't, why ?
    Good question.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBat View Post
    Good question.
    Simple answer: BB's profit line.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I lost my years premium
    Im not complaining about that, but the fact that I wouldnt have bought gempits if i had known it requires you to be active daily. I bought it as an longterm investment because im chronically ill and have relapses, waiting for antibiotics to kick in and bring me back amongst the living, which now took almost a year... and I dont know how long i can be active or when ill relapse again.

Just think about this..

you have year premium, and gempits and then return, to not even have the gems to buy premium, only to find out it was activity that screws you, which I knew ahead, just not that it was required. I bought something useless to me

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    and no your premium runs out...

which is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally strange...cause why would someone need premium on an inactive account?
    I know...money

Reply to Thread