Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Easter Event 2015

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    Considering that Outlaws can give up to 275 eggs (with Premium) and that you could theoretically get up to 700 eggs from Explorers per day, I'd hope they might actually be.
    In any case, I'll probably be doing tons of Outlaws and Bandit Nests during that event.
    I cant see them being cheap either, A lot of people will be unable to attain 15k eggs + eggs for grout, Due to work, school, level disadvantage, whatever the outcome is, I am super pumped for Easter. Bring on my days off and let the mayhem begin.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    Smart move from BB letting everyone get generals. Otherwise old players would have just bought everyone mmas..

Oh and nice dev diary.
    Lol, explain please?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I would love to hear the twisted logic you used to arrive at this ridiculous idea.
    I sometimes tend to exaggerate to get a point across. You need only look at my avatar to find my inspiration.

Anyway, one serving of twisted logic coming right up. If those who got mma+vet@2014 dont get them this year they have 7875 eggs they are not using. Popular opinion is mma>vet (specially for lower lvls) so they will help ppl get mmas. 7875 eggs is 1.714 mmas. Lets be conservative and assume the ones who need help have collected half of the eggs themselves. Thats 3.428 times more mmas sold for eggs per player who cant buy it this year.
    Now for the first part. BB are clearly looking to sell more gems but more specifically sell gems to new costumers. Its probably written in some marketing theory book or smth. If 3.428 new ppl who are a lot more likely to buy gems to get their 1st mma get it without paying instead of 1 old player who probably will not buy gems to get 3rd mma then its baaad for business.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    So, does anyone know what are the stats of the new Legendary Veteran?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Vystress View Post
    So, does anyone know what are the stats of the new Legendary Veteran?
    He's been rebranded - now a Master of Defence. Still a little unclear, so I shall leave others to speculate for you, but something to do with splash and attacking weakest..

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    I sometimes tend to exaggerate to get a point across. You need only look at my avatar to find my inspiration.

Anyway, one serving of twisted logic coming right up. If those who got mma+vet@2014 dont get them this year they have 7875 eggs they are not using. Popular opinion is mma>vet (specially for lower lvls) so they will help ppl get mmas. 7875 eggs is 1.714 mmas. Lets be conservative and assume the ones who need help have collected half of the eggs themselves. Thats 3.428 times more mmas sold for eggs per player who cant buy it this year.
    Now for the first part. BB are clearly looking to sell more gems but more specifically sell gems to new costumers. Its probably written in some marketing theory book or smth. If 3.428 new ppl who are a lot more likely to buy gems to get their 1st mma get it without paying instead of 1 old player who probably will not buy gems to get 3rd mma then its baaad for business.
    I misunderstood your first post completely. Yes, probably many would do so. Others would sell at ridiculous prices out of spite lol

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove

Ok I see where your coming from now.

Your argument in my opinion is very likely the reason why BB are now limiting event items to just 1 event now instead of letting them roll over each year. However I see a few flaws with your maths but the basic principle behind your maths is correct.

Yes popular opinion is MMA>Vet but have you considered that you can help more players out by helping them get Vets than you can by helping them get MMA's, that was the conclusion we came to in guild last year. Obviously that decision will be re-evaluated this year. Per guild it depends on the ratio between the new peeps and the old hands.

I've always believed that the bottom line of BB's business model is based on gem sales to the impatient who won't be around long term and will be replaced by more of the same otherwise BB would not be able to support the F2P player.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimhurst View Post

PS - buy stripey eggs on last day only when they will cost 2gc each - or less - lol.
    no chance, because this years we need over 14k eggs (last year was around 5k eggs) for limited items. almost 700 eggs per day.
    some adventures giving more eggs, but still too much eggs we need

most popular adventures BK/RB 0-27-67, last year was 0-18-60.
    On the day after the last day how much will BB pay for each unspent egg - 1gc. So in last few days or hours of event the price of eggs ( in my opinion - and this is a prediction only ) will tend to get very cheap very quickly as those with unspent eggs desperately try to sell for almost anything more than 1gc each. Lets see what happens but new players could potentially buy an mma ( the best general in the game ! ) very very cheaply.

World
    Newfoundland
    On the day after the last day how much will BB pay for each unspent egg - 1gc.
    With almost 15k worth of items in the merchant + grout on top of that's its hard to gauge what will be left/if any.

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    On the day after the last day how much will BB pay for each unspent egg - 1gc. So in last few days or hours of event the price of eggs ( in my opinion - and this is a prediction only ) will tend to get very cheap very quickly as those with unspent eggs desperately try to sell for almost anything more than 1gc each. Lets see what happens but new players could potentially buy an mma ( the best general in the game ! ) very very cheaply.
    yes, last day price can be much lower, but if many players wait for last hours. they can be very desperate because they not was bought anything. they will have only few hours to buy enough eggs.

only gem players will have eggs for sale, if you not buy eggs with gems you must collect a lot eggs. limited items + grout + new ph buff Chocolate Pralines

a lot player after event will ask where are my eggs
    BB don't understand their own game

Reply to Thread