Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Easter Event 2015

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    No one is forcing anyone to get number 4 mma if available and you are so lucky to already have 3. If you feel it spoils the game then don't get. There should be something in the event for both old and new players

I think you should do many more loot spots than advs your self to have too many settles in you star, I don't think that is a general problem. Dont let the fact that some players prefer to do mainly loot spots affect how many settlers the rest of us get in loot. For me they are really nice to get, I cant keep up with the bread production as it is.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    No one is forcing anyone to get number 4 mma if available and you are so lucky to already have 3 If you feel it spoils the game then don't get.

People will buy just because they can, It doesn't matter if I buy one or not because there will still be a ripple effect in trade price's.

There should be something in the event for both old and new players
    I didn't say there shouldn't be, if you scroll up and read you will see my feedback was that, I believe things like watermills, storehouses, recyclers etc should be available.

I think you should do many more loot spots than advs your self to have too many settles in you star, I don't think that is a general problem.

Absolutely inaccurate statement, I can run outlaws with losses 300-450 but it yields upto 675 settlers, another example iotp losses 300-350 odd, and prolly less with 4 mma's running... settlers upto 525.
    Last edited by Brayarg; 19.05.15 at 19:26.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Both Outlaws and Island of the Pirates are low level single player adventures. If you play a multi-player adventure and sell at least one of the loot spots then settler gain will not be above the troops loss. Also, in some high level adventures (all fairytales) MMAs can save some troops, but total settler balance in the end will always be negative. You can still chip away a bandit or two with a MMA, but it's not worth the time lost.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Brayarg View Post
    Absolutely inaccurate statement, I can run outlaws with losses 300-450 but it yields upto 675 settlers, another example iotp losses 300-350 odd, and prolly less with 4 mma's running... settlers upto 525.
    Well, that's the problem right there. Let your premium run out and you'll not get that many extra settlers. Without premium, the game is balanced. (Except for the horses in the loot.)

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    One mma can save a lot in losses when snail the advs during week (like play at work with no hurry,). I think the point is also that extra mma or even luckies will affect everyone if they will be available for all no matter if you buy em or not. Extra MMA means more less losses more loot, affects market. 2 new luckies means more buffs on market.

I think most or all limited items (experts, floating, schools, etc) will have the same locks as before so those who bought everything can only buy watermills, fish farms etc.
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 20.05.15 at 09:13.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    People will buy just because they can, It doesn't matter if I buy one or not because there will still be a ripple effect in trade price's.

I didn't say there shouldn't be, if you scroll up and read you will see my feedback was that, I believe things like watermills, storehouses, recyclers etc should be available.

Absolutely inaccurate statement, I can run outlaws with losses 300-450 but it yields up to 675 settlers, another example iotp losses 300-350 odd, and prolly less with 4 mma's running... settlers upto 525.
    If you do advs that match your level - then this is not the case, a level 30 player doing the outlaw will have much higher loses. If they have soldiers and a Vet it would be. losses 1360R + 102M (wiki Guide) If you do advs that match your level - then this is not the case.

Doing a fairy tale adv even if you are 3 players you lose 2000- 4000 settlers and only get around 700 in loot. The easy one is VLT - you get 500 settlers in loot and this is wiki guide loses losses 2976R + 2742B + 620LB. 3 ls - gives 1500 settlers - ~ 20-25% of what you lose.

All in all it depends on what adv you do what level you are and what troops you have, - and yes you can always find loopholes, but this is not about loopholes, but about playing the game.

It would be unfair to the level 30 players to change the numbers to fit you use of the low level adventures.

I doubt that the plan was for a level 50 player to do outlaw with blocks all day to get settlers. I would find that very boring.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dialecticus View Post
    Both Outlaws and Island of the Pirates are low level single player adventures. If you play a multi-player adventure and sell at least one of the loot spots then settler gain will not be above the troops loss. Also, in some high level adventures (all fairytales) MMAs can save some troops, but total settler balance in the end will always be negative. You can still chip away a bandit or two with a MMA, but it's not worth the time lost.
    When playing an adventure do you judge what to play by looking at the adventure level first and foremost? or do you judge it by what you need? granite? residence? beans? star coins? and army size/losses? Or maybe you just fancy playing one?. But level? maybe if your under level 50 it comes into play, but after this it means close to zip.

The topic of conversation here really was the MMA and the effects it has on the game, the only reason we went off topic a little is because of:

I think you should do many more loot spots than advs your self to have too many settles in you star, I don't think that is a general problem. Dont let the fact that some players prefer to do mainly loot spots affect how many settlers the rest of us get in loot. For me they are really nice to get, I cant keep up with the bread production as it is.
    Now to say the only way of getting more settlers than you lose, is if your a loot spot buyer is completely inaccurate, and I felt needed correcting.
    No where have I said there are no adventures that can be played with or without premium, where you receive less settlers than you lose, what I have said is:

Do you believe my comment to be inaccurate?

They are not the only two adventures either

double swap on a black knight short version would also yield more than the losses, traitors too.
    Last edited by Brayarg; 20.05.15 at 11:14.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by FishSmell View Post
    Well, that's the problem right there. Let your premium run out and you'll not get that many extra settlers. Without premium, the game is balanced. (Except for the horses in the loot.)
    So to get a balanced game we should all stop paying/playing premium? Your suggestion is to just ignore the game design and it will all be okay?
    Last edited by Brayarg; 20.05.15 at 11:11.

World
    Newfoundland
    If you do advs that match your level - then this is not the case, a level 30 player doing the outlaw will have much higher loses.
    Its actually not possible for a level 30 to even play outlaws.

If they have soldiers and a Vet it would be. losses 1360R + 102M (wiki Guide) If you do advs that match your level - then this is not the case.
    You have said in a previous post in this thread you found it hard to believe that there was any issues regarding bread/settlers. I have never said there is a situation where every player in ever circumstance is going to have issues with bread/settlers, But there are situations there where this is the case regardless If you believe it or not.

Doing a fairy tale adv even if you are 3 players you lose 2000- 4000 settlers and only get around 700 in loot. The easy one is VLT - you get 500 settlers in loot and this is wiki guide loses losses 2976R + 2742B + 620LB. 3 ls - gives 1500 settlers - ~ 20-25% of what you lose.
    Please link the post where I have said every single adventure is out balanced? There are many where it is fine. As I said previously my main point here was you stated you found it hard to believe there was an issue with bread/settlers. Even if a newbie player doesn't feel the benefit from the over supply directly, They do gain the benefits in other indirect ways.

All in all it depends on what adv you do what level you are and what troops you have, - and yes you can always find loopholes, but this is not about loopholes, but about playing the game.
    It does depend yes, but to ignore there are problems because you don't recognise them yourself, would be naïve.

It would be unfair to the level 30 players to change the numbers to fit you use of the low level adventures.
    a lvl 30 player could easily get the same results as a lvl 50 player on iotp, and a lvl 30 player can not play outlaws.

I doubt that the plan was for a level 50 player to do outlaw with blocks all day to get settlers. I would find that very boring.
    Blocks on adventures where never in any plan.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    One mma can save a lot in losses when snail the advs during week (like play at work with no hurry,). I think the point is also that extra mma or even luckies will affect everyone if they will be available for all no matter if you buy em or not. Extra MMA means more less losses more loot, affects market. 2 new luckies means more buffs on market.

I think most or all limited items (experts, floating, schools, etc) will have the same locks as before so those who bought everything can only buy watermills, fish farms etc.
    +1 nice to see someone who understands

Reply to Thread